Wednesday, November 23, 2011

When You Wish Upon A Star......

Sorry this is another looooooong post.  I  do  have lots of pictures of the pop up ornament  I am not good at picture taking, but I tried to show how this works.  I am so impressed with myself for putting this together, but then why wouldn't it be easy... I found this excellant tutorial over at.... Stamp With Tami Tami made it easy-peasy to follow.  I just love , love, love it... Can you tell?  Not only does it make an excellant Christmas decoration, but just think, if you were having a December wedding.. you could use these as favors with the name of the Happy couple on each end along with the date of the wedding... Shower favors or what about favors for each person at a Christmas Church Banquet?  What about given as a little gift, when meeting friends for lunch during the holidays?  Or add them to a package?  Oh my mind is spinning with the possibilities....LOL  I think I will decorate my tree with them this year!  LOL...!  I have stamped on mine, but you could use some of that pretty double-sided double sided paper.  Oh...now I think I have to go make another!

Doesn't look like much does it?
 Pull the bead away from the card and watch it unfold.

 Now that it is unfolded, pull the bead back against the card and.....
 You now have a beautiful star ornament!

 Side View

Now wasn't that easy??? LOL
Challenges:
One Stop Craft
The Color Blue
Top Tip Tuesday
More Than One Fold
Make It Monday
Anything goes
Party Time Tuesday
Snow Us What You Got.
(lots of snowflakes on this creation!)
Ribbon Carousel 
Holiday Hoopla With Lindsey
Paper Take Weekly
Christmas Crackers .  Can be a Christmas Favor... I am using these for favors.
One Stitch At A Time
Anything Goes





Love this little Christmas tree punch.  I had forgotten that I had it.  I have really, really been into this vintage, kraft paper look this year.... Am  Loving it!
Challenges:
Sketch
Christmas Card



Don't Ya just love these little acrylic ATC cards?  They make wonderful
picture gifts for Granparents!  Guess you know what my Miss V is making for her:)
 Challenges:
Fussy N Fancy
Gifts
Lil Red Wagon
Christmas Theme


I made This Take Gender Neutral
at a 'make n take' at Archivers
Challenges:
Raise The Bar
# 84 Feast...food on your creation. 
In my book CANDY is one of the 4
Basic Food groups...
It is a necessity.  I need it to keep my sanity!
Sweet Stamp blog
Tag
Bows N Berries
Make a Tag...You don't have to use their stamps but if you do
you get 2 chances to win.
Sentimental Sunday
Masculine Gift Tags




Below:  this card was a new idea to me.  I embossed it using a cuddle bug folder
then went over the top with Champaigne Mist from SU.  Love the effect
 Challenges:
Speedy The Cat
black, white + 1 color  (I chose Kraft)

24 comments:

Pat Garvin said...

Awesome cards and ideas. Thanks for joining Speedy the Cats Friends.

1CardCreator said...

So many beautiful cards! Love your star, that one is gorgeous! So glad I met you at Make it Monday. ~Diane

Dr Sonia S V said...

Dropped in seeing your link on MIM
What a stunning ornament
Cheers from Bangalore ,India
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Josephine said...

They're all beautiful, but that decoration is just stunning!

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, and good luck!

downrightcrafty said...

A gorgeous creation thank you so much for sharing it with us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge a great take on the sketch
Hugs Kate xxx
ps I have some candy if you are interested:)

Calypso's Crafts said...

Love your HO HO HO card!!! It is so festive with all that beautiful glitter!!! Thank you so much joining us at Sentimental Sundays.

Hugs,
Calypso

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Lovely use of my sketch

Thanks for joining us this week on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

Hugs Jane x

Curlybear said...

OMGosh how gorgeous is this creation, fabulous colour theme and awesome use of the sketch

Thank You so much for taking part at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge: 161 Jane's Sketch hope you join us again next week,

Have a lovely day,
Good luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget :0) x.
SCSC DT

Paul said...

Wow, great projects. Especially like that star. Saw your project on Make it Monday and had to come over and take a closer look.
TFS
Paul
Crafty Blogocks
DT Member for Catch The Bug

P.S. Visit my blog to see some candy – I have some Digital Scrapbooking softwear up for grabs, all you have to do is comment on my post.

Designing with Debbie said...

WOW what great work. I love all of your beautiful creations today. The first tag ornament is amazing. Thanks for playing along with Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week.

Andie's Space said...

Hi Sally,
OMG what a feast of awesome creations. Everything looks wonderful. I love the Xmas star decoration, it's gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter's Saturday Challenge this week.
Hugs,
Andie xx

ladyjanet_56 said...

What stunning work love the star card & Tags, thank you for playing along at OSCC. Janet

Barb said...

I saw your star at Make it Monday and came over to check it out. So glad I did--It is amazing!

Sonia said...

Lovely card , thanks for joining in with secret crafters Saturday challenge this week.
Hugs sonia x

Julies Crafty Creations said...

What a stunning creation. Thanks for joining in with our Anything Goes challenge over at OSAAT and good luck. Julie DT

Jessie/knightrone said...

That ornament is AMAZING! Such pretty eye candy! Thanks so much for playing along with the Ribbon Carousel Challenge.

Lisa M said...

WOW! I'm blown away...what a fantastic arrangement of holiday festivity on your page. These projects are wonderful!
Your ornament looks fabulous. My goodness, I would go nuts if I started making these. Thank you for the information on these. :)
Love that tree stamp too. Where did you find that little cutie?
Wonderful projects and thank you so much for sharing.
Thanks so much for joining us at Make It Monday and Top Tip Tuesday!
Good luck to you,
Hugs,
Lisa xx

Samantha said...

WOWZERS!!! what an awesome idea! LOVE this and love that you have shared how too! So awesome to see you at MiM and then to see you also came to play with us at Top Tip Tuesday for our More than 1 fold challenge I hope you can come play again soon you can enter up to 3 times per challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

Ps I have candy on my blog too!

Deneen said...

Super cool ornament, thanks for sharing how it was made! Thanks for joining the More Than 1 Fold Challenge at Top Tip Tuesday.

Tameko said...

Wow, I love your star,atc, & tag. Fabulous designs. Thanks for joining the Sentimental Sundays tag challenge.

Sheryl said...

Oh My Goodness! I love all of your posts! That gorgeous aqua pop out ornament is spectacular!
What a sweet picture ornament you have made with the atc card! Your absolutely right. It's the perfect gift for grandparents! So sweet!
Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy for our, "Make A Gift" challenge!
Warm Hugs, Sheryl

Corinna said...

Your ornament is so fabulous! I love that it folds flat for mailing and then looks so beautiful opened up! Thanks so much for joining us at the Ribbon Carousel Challenge.

Rosanne said...

Gorgeous creations! Love that ornament. Thanks for playing along with Little Red Wagon.

Robin said...

All fab creations... love the glitter on your fun tag! Thanks so much for playing with Bows and Berries!! Robin