Thursday, November 24, 2011

Music And Festivities = Gifts

All of my creations today project music and gifts... As we celebrate birthdays we sing and we give gifts....as we celebrate Christmas...we sing and we give gifts... At least my Miss V is hoping we give lots of gifts, especially since we will be celebrating her birthday on Thanksgiving.  She has asked that we not have Thanksgiving dinner at home again this year, but at the local restaurant so the Wait Staff will come and sing happy birthday to her.  That seems to be one of the highlights of her birthday.  Anyway all of my family....All 11 of us will making the trip to the local restaurant for our Thanksgiving festivities.  Since they are very family oriented it will be no problem to also celebrate our Miss V's birthday.  She has been reminding me that in 1 month after her birthday.....IT WILL BE CHRISTMAS...Don't you just love little ones?   I adore her... Can you tell?


My Miss V's favorite image is Tilda.  She loves everything about her.  I don't have very many stamps, so each year I am using the same stamps over and over again.  Thankfully she never seems to tire of the same images. 
Challenges:
# 123 Debby's Sketch
Birthday
#100 Happy Birthday
Ribbons


It has been awhile since I did decoupage.  Actually I did this card last year, (but didn't post it), eventhough I love decoupage, I decided not to make anymore because here in the States these cards are very costly to mail.  Are they as costly elsewhere?  When I mailed my first one I thought it was an additional .20 because of bulk, plus the cost of postage.  I quickly found out that was an additional .20 per ounce plus postage.  OUCH!  It cost me almost 2.00 to mail a small 5.50 x 4.25 inch card. 

Challenges:
music
Red & Green-gold or silver
I have used red, green and there is gold in the edges of my ribbon.



This card I made using Glimmer Mists and resist stamping for the star. 
Not sure I like the results, but it's growing on me. 
Yep, even the Wisemen were bringing gifts to the Christ Child! 
Challenges:
one layer card



OMGosh!  Don't ya just love these stinkin little gift purses?  I am so hooked on these.  One 6x6 sheet of paper plus a few scraps makes them.... Way too cute.
I "borrowed" this idea from my dear friend Rita .  She also has the link for the tutorial.  Just the perfect size for a gift card with a couple small pieces of candy... Money fits well too... Big denominations take up very little space:) hint, hint.....
I have added a very small bottle of hand sanitizer and lip balm to mine as this is the season for those items.
You can easily fancy them up or dress them down as I have done.  If you want to see really, really
cute ones, be sure to visit Rita's Blog.  Don't forget to leave her a little love and check out her blog.  She has some fabulous inspiration... 
How cool are these?

Challenges:
Create a project using this week's theme that features the use of Kraft cardstock
or products purchased from Kraft Outlet
(Since I just found them, I have not had time to shop,
but I do have Kraft paper so I used it to make my little purse)
(If I didn't read this right, just delete my entry:)
Paper Crafting Journey
Anything Goes At PCJ



Inside

13 comments:

Nicola said...

Beautiful cards and bags Sally, love your colouration of Tilda. Hope Miss V is well.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Lori said...

Love all the pinks and creams on your fabby Tilda card and that little purse is tdf, thanks so much for joining our sketch challenge at Magnolia Down Under!

Basslady said...

these are fantastic and beautiful creations!

thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Rita said...

Happy Birthday Miss V, hope you have a great day sweetie!!!

Love that Tilda card & the colors & card design are gorgeous!

Your purses are so darn cute, I love that used twine, it's so darn cute! I told you, you would make a lots of them once you started. It's so darn addicting, isn't it? Thanks so much for linking to my blog, I don't mind at all...the more the merrier, I love my readers! Happy Thanksgiving to you & your family Sally!

Lisa said...

Thanks for joining us at PCJ this time and good luck in the draw!

Lisa xox

Jill said...

Some fabulous projects there Sally :)
Love them all and your one layer is stunning :)
Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week and good luck
Hugs, Jill

Dawn said...

Great makes! Thank you for sharing your lovely Decoupage card with us at The Crafty Pad for our Festive Cheer, Red Green & Gold Challenge this week!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Debbie Pamment said...

WOW a post FULL of gorgeousness. Love how each of your projects has it's own unique look and LOVE Tilda in pink and green - my FAVE combo!
Thanx for playing with us at MDUC this week.
xXx

Dena said...

Oh girl! cute cards and I LOVE that purse! I may need to make one!! Thanks for sharing and thank you so much for joining the Just Magnolia and Hanglar Stanglar Challenge this week!
Hugs, Dena

* Shaz * said...

Fabulous creations!

Thank you for joining in the fun with us at Ruby's Rainbow with our Music challenge

Hope you will join us again soon xx

sallysbitz said...

You have created some wonderful projects x
Thanks for joining us this week @ Delightful Challenges & Good Luck x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

Debbie said...

Super Festive Cheer card - thanks for sharing with us at The Crafty Pad this week. :)
Debbiexx

rosalien said...

You made some beautiful projects. :) I love how you made the 3d card for Delightful Challenges. That was a lot of work to do. Thanks for joining us.

Hugs, Rosalien