Thursday, November 10, 2011

Lots of Swirls and Snow Flakes..& Birthdays Too!

I can't believe that all summer I was so busy that I hardly had time to check my email much less do any crafting.  It was such a hard summer and after visiting the doctor a couple times for stress issues, it was recommended that I take some time for myself. I was told to do something everyday that I enjoy doing to help relieve the stress, thus the cards... I'm loving it, but feel so guilty that I am taking time for me rather than doing what needs to be done for the rest of my family.  I don't know when I became such a wimp!  I don't know what I did with the other me....but I sure would like to have her back.  Most of the time she was tough as nails and just let things slide off her back.  Her motto used to be...."God gave me broad shoulders to handle all kinds of situations and for those that slides off , He gave me a butt big enough to sit on!" 

Onto this batch of cards
I found this cute little digi image at Anne's Cards 4 U.  It is so cute. 
My Miss V thinks I need to send her dog a Christmas card every year,
so I think this fits the bill!  How adorable is this?  Spiffed up his beard and hat
with polar white flower soft. 
Challenges:
#139 Sketch
Peanut Butter & Jelly
(kraft/brown, cream/white and one other color...No other colors)
Anything Christmas
Use punches and dies..  snowflakes is MS punch  kraft circle
nestabilities die.




Love the image, papers and layout....card not so much.
Challenges:
Thankful
Sketch
Thank you projects using the cricut  Used the cricut for the florish and
thanks phrase
Thank you
#137  All stitched up
Again I used my faux stitching





Challenges:
It's White All Night
white and 1 other color
 #167 Advent
First Christmas (first Christmas Card or Christmas)
embossing



 Challenges:
All Creatures Great & Small
MMSC129  sketch




Challenges:
Paper Piercing
It has been a long time since I did paper piercing.  Now that I've
discovered it again..I will use it more often.  This card shows
better in real life.

32 comments:

maryr917 said...

wow you have been busy-it looks like you are taking the doctors orders and doing for yourself-card making is such a great stress reliever that's why I got into it several years back.

I love the piercing you did on your cross card-so perfect- love how it frames the scallop die-thanks for playing along with the creative belli challenge

Robin Parker said...

Wow, all your creations are great. I really love the cross and the paper piercing is fabulous. The butterfly and swirls are the perfect touches. Thanks for sharing on the Belli Challenge.

brenda said...

What a fabulous collection of cards Sally, you have been busy.

Thank you so much for joining in at Penny Black and More Challenge this month and good luck with all those prizes on offer.

B x

Vee said...

Hi Sally, love all your cards and I can't think of a better way to unwind than making cards. I don't think you should feel guilty at all, everybody need some ME time every day. Keep well and keep crafting.
Hugs
xx Vee

Rebekah said...

Fabulous work so many great creations
thanks for sharing at CI and CCC hugs Rebekah xx

Cheryl said...

oh wow hun you sure have been busy all of these are just stunning the image,s colors layout,just perfect hugs cherylxx

scrapperjulia said...

Beautiful cards! Love the patterned papers and colors of the House Mouse card! THanks for joining us at The House Mouse and Friends Challenge!
Julia-Guest DT

NGCARDS said...

A beautiful card hun! Thanks for taking part in our All Stitched Up Challenge over at Creative Inspirations Wednesday's Challenge Blog this week! xxx

Susie Little said...

Thank you for playing along with us at ICS with this cute card! xx

Simply Pam said...

I Love your Thank You card. That image is just precious. Really great job on coloring and decorating the card. Love all of the detail. Thanks for playing in Paper w/ us at paper Playtime!

Pam
Simply-Pam.blogspot.com
Paperplaytime.blogspot.com

Ellie said...

You surely have been busy creating!! Love all of your cards!! Great designs!
So glad you shared with us at penny black and more! Hope we see you again soon!

Mari said...

Wonderful cards!
Thank you for playing along with us at ICS :)

Renlymats World of Family & Crafts said...

All of your cards are wonderful! I love the Midnight Madness sketch card. The balloons are so cute. Fun colors too. Thanks for joining us at Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.
Renee
MMSC DT

louise said...

Beautiful card thanks so much for joining us this week at Penny black and more
Hugs Louise xx

Valerie said...

Wonderful cards! Thank you for joining us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.
~Hugs,
Valerie M
Priscillastyles Design Team

Nicola said...

Fabulous creations Sally, love the stamps, colouration, papers and beautiful details. Hope you are feeling a wee bit better.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Sara said...

Great cards, thanks for playing along with ICS!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Sally :-) All of them are fabulous :-) I do especially LOVE your HM creation ,,, very cute :-)

thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Debs said...

Great cards, please do as the Doctor says its right crafting is so theraputic, Loved your old moto by the way, made me laugh. Thanks for playing with us at ICS this week.
Hugs Debs

Jessica T said...

oh it is important to take time out for you, gotta look after yourself too! These cards are all WONDERFUL i especially love the flowersoft on the ICS sketch card and the paper piercing on the navy coloured card. So glad I skipped over to your blog from ICS, glad you found time to play along x take care :)

Karen W said...

This is so pretty, thanks for playing along with Creative Belli. Hope to see you next week.

Alexis said...

Wow, you've been busy. They are all great. Thanks for joining us at Fab 'n Funky. Good luck and we hope to see you again on Wednesday for a new challenge.

Alexis

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WOW what fabulous creations!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Midnight Madness. I just LOVE your interpretation of the sketch! Hope to see you again next week!

Darlene
MMSC DT
DAR'S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Lisa M said...

Absolutely wonderful array of talent and creativity in all your cards, but the puppy with the beard...cracked me UP! Love that! ;)
Thanks so much for the smiles and the inspiration. :)

Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
And remember, if you have a TIP you’d like to share with us crafters, just write it up in your post and then add TIP by your entry name and you’re eligible for the TOP TIPPER PRIZE as well.
Lisa xx

Jenny said...

Lovely cards. You have definitely made up for not doing anything over the summer.
Thanks for joining EAC.
Jenny

Rica said...

All gorgeous card Sally, so many different styles!! Love your House Mouse - the papers are stunning and your beautifully coloured is such sweet.

Thanks so much for joining us with the Mouse House & Friends Monday challenge,
hugs
Heather xx

Leikkaan Mervi said...

So beautiful cards!!!

Thank you so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More Challenge, good luck;-))m

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous cards.
luv
Debby

Andrea said...

Pretty cards. Thanks for joining in with our challenge at Papertake Weekly this week, Andrea x

NanaConnie said...

I think your House Mouse card is adorable! Fabulous paper in the background and your coloring is wonderful. Thanks for playing in the House Mouse & Friends challenge.
NanaConnie GDT

Claire Phillips said...

Thanks for playing along at Crafty Creations in our peanut butter and jelly sandwich challenge - super projects! Cheers Claire x

Laura (sandytoz) said...

All the cards are lovely, but I'm partial to the CAS white and teal embossed card!
Thanks for playing with us at Paper Crafting Journey!!

Love, Laura PCJDT