Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Last Christmas Cards

Yikes! I can't believe the amount of cards I have made and I don't need one of them...LOL.  I made so many last year, that I have a whole drawer full.  I'm not talking little craft drawer here...I'm talking dresser drawer full, packed, jammed!.  I probably wouldn't have to make another Christmas Card for 5 years, but I love making them.  I will have lots to choose from, thats for sure.  Anyway I made up my mind, after today's cards,  it is time to start working on those stocking stuffer gifts and last minutes things for when unexpected guests stop by, no more Christmas Cards, however I do have plenty that I have not posted yet so if they fit the challenges,...watch out, they'll be posted!  Will also not be crafting as much as I now need to start working on addressing the cards I will be sending, decorating and beginning my baking.  Before  I know it, the big day will be here.  Thankfully most of my shopping is done, but I need to start wrapping and I also have to do my parents shopping yet. 

Here is the last of my Christmas Cards (not all I have made)
This little Nativity is a favorite stamp.  I do love the meaning of Christmas and this portrays it perfectly.
Challenges:
V is for Very Vibrant
Nativity...
Thank you so much for choosing this topic,
since this is the reason for
Christmas.
# 67 Holiday
# 179 Christmas, red + embossing
 # 162 Borders & Flowers
# 183 Sketch
 # 90 Seeing red






Challenges:
# 3 Santa
# 134 Sketch
# 149 Theme recipe of 3's
Use 3 papers, 3 brads or buttons, 3 ribbons
Santa






 Challenges:
# 131 Pennants or bunting
#  83 Maggies Sketch
# 124 Let It Snow






Challenges:
black, silver & bling
# 57 Heat Embossing
# 62 Silver, white and a hint of color (mine is black)
# 76 Masculine holiday card (this is the one I have made for my hubby)








O Christmas Tree






My next project was inspired by this little $1 box of candy that I found in Target in the Hot Spot isle.
I thought these would make great stocking fillers but I didn't want  to just wrap them or pop in the stockings plain, so I made a tall crayon  type box for them to fit into. 
These would be great for the guys in your life because it is so hard to find little things for them.  What do you think?
From This.......
This one looks so masculine!  I forgot I had this pine stamp.  Bought it at a resale a few years back.
Perfect for making something for men.
To This......
Challenges:
# 65 Anything Goes
# 83 Make it Masculine
#140 Anything Goes
# 144 Anything Goes
Tis The Season
Anything Christmas or Winter Related
# 101 Anything Goes







These little critters just make my day!  How can you not smile when you see them?
don't know why my kraft  card base  looks so dark.  In real life it is
normal kraft color:?? The second picture shows the gate fold.  I used natural 
color jute to dress up the sides.   
Challenges:
Warm & Fuzzy
(this was the closest image I had of something that resembled warm and fuzzy)
Christmas Card...Use kraft base
RCC31 Color Our World With Stephanie
Kraft, Red, Brown
Gatefold Card
Christmas Card

51 comments:

Laurel said...

Wow, you have been busy! I just love what you have done! Thanks for playing at RCC.

NancyD said...

Saw you card on MIM. Really, all these cards are wonderful! Very cute images and coloring too. NancyD

Geri said...

Wow! You have been REALLLLY busy! Your cards are all beautiful as is your coloring! Thanks for sharing your joy of card making with us week at Unscripted Sketches.

Tracy said...

Goodness that's a lot of cards! LOL Love your little House Mouses and the holly border punch is such a pretty touch. Thanks so much for joining in our challenge this week at The Kraft Journal!

Cheryl said...

oh wow hun you have been busy these are all just stunning the images,colors and layouts are just gorgeous esepcially love that tree,hugs cherylxxxx

Posh Cat Crafts said...

Stunning cards, Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stamps this time. If you are interested I have some blog candy up for grabs Click Here to enter
Hugs
Tamara

downrightcrafty said...

wow you have been busy - great choice of image and gorgeous creation, thank you for joining us at the Winter Wonderland this week
Hugs Kate xx
ps I have some more candy if you are interested :)

downrightcrafty said...

beautiful creation and love the border and flower choice, thank you so much for sharing your lovely work with us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
Hugs Kate xx
ps I have some new candy if you are interested :)

brenda said...

A fabulous collection of cards Sally, you have been mega busy.

Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts this week and good luck.

B x

Beth said...

Wowzers! I'm not surprised you have so many cards, you should sell some and make some crafty stash money! They're fab cards! Thanks for joining us on the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!

Love Beth xx

Melissa S. said...

You rock, Look at all those projects and cards. You Go Girl. Thanks so much for joining us at Bugaboo for the Silver Black and Bling this week. Great card for that.

Pat Garvin said...

Your cards are awesome. Have fun making your projects.

kath said...

beautiful cards sally...thanks for joining in the Christmas challenge fun at Penny Black Saturday..hugs kath xxx

dstandard said...

What a fabulous selection of cards! Awesome work and coloring! Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches this week!

Jodie Mackrell said...

amazing cards! thank you for playing this weeks Bugaboo challenge at catch the bug!

Josephine said...

What a fabulous collection! I've got to say that my favourite is the embossed trees - it's absolutely stunning!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this time.

Sally said...

A lovely selection of Christmas makes & the embossed trees one is so pretty. Thanx for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week.

Anne-Marie said...

Wow!!! I'll bags the chocolate!!! Think it is fantastic.

Thanks for joining us at FnF this week.

Anne-Marie x x

rudlis said...

Wow, beautiful cards! Thanks for joining us at Unscripted Sketches.

Debs M said...

fabulous makes, your cards are gorgeous, came here from mim x

Dawn said...

I love all your cards! It shows that you love making them!
Thank for sharing them with us & thanks for linking up your Santa card to the Recipe of 3's Challenge at The Crafty Pad this week!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Pat said...

Beautiful selection of projects, love all the cards. Thanks for sharing with us at F n F this week.

Pat xx

Annette said...

Wow, so many great creations. Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday this week. Annette xx

Mynnette said...

What absolutely awesome projects!!! LOVE those covered boxes of chocolates--fabulous! :) Found you via Top Tip Tuesday.

Diane said...

My word you have been busy Sally !! What a fab selection of cards !! Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Crafty Pad with your Santa card !!

hugs Diane xx

PS I love HOUSEMOUSE too !!

Jill said...

Wow Sally, you have really been a busy bee!
Lovely collection of cards :)
Fantastic Tilda card,- the colours are beautiful and the design is just wonderful
Thanks for joining Allsorts this week and good luck in the draw.
Hugs, Jill

Sue said...

What a delightful little scene, these two are so funny. Love how you used the image for a gatefold card. Thanks for joining us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

Hugs
Sue

Chrissy said...

WOW!! By the time I got to the bottom, I forgot what project was for me to comment on..lol...but I dont care...they are all so gorgeous. Love the idea with the chocolates...fabulous..

Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

Luv CHRISSYxx

Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

Debbie Pamment said...

WOW - lots of FABULOUS eye candy to enjoy - gorgeous work!
Thanx for joining us at MDUC this week for our snowy challenge.
xXx

Karen said...

WOW this is amazing, thanks so much for sharing your work with us at MDUC this week:-)
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Susie Little said...

Fabulous card for our sketch. Thank you for playing along at Sketch Staurday. Good Luck in the draw. xx

Barbara Colbert said...

Great collection! You do great work! Thanks so much for sharing with Speedy the Cat's Challenge!

Lisa M said...

What an incredible buffet of Christmas goodness and cheer! Fabulous assortment of cards and I'm not the least bit jealous that you have a drawer full (cough) LOL!
Each and everyone of them is so unique and wonderful and I must say your "hint of" using black with the trees is gorgeous. :)


Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
And remember, if you have a TIP you’d like to share with us crafters, just write it up in your post and then add TIP by your entry name and you’re eligible for the TOP TIPPER PRIZE as well.
Lisa xx

Michelle B. said...

Beautiful creations, great variety! Thanks for playing at Stamptacular Sunday this week!

Debbie said...

Wow Sally you have been busy creating some beauties. :) :)
Pretty card and layout. :)
Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafty Pad Challenge this week. :)
Debbiex

Mummylade said...

such wonderful work, all of it! Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts this week and good luck!

Danielle Daws said...

Wow! So many gorgeous cards! Thanks for playing at RCC!

Samantha said...

fabulous selection of cards great job! LOVE the the card for our challenge really stunning the black! Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday for our colour challenge, I hope you can come play again soon you can enter up to 3 times per challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

The Paper Princess said...

I'm glad to see you've been so busy - you're latest cards (not just in this post but ALL of them) are just GORGEOUS!

Stop by my blog when you have a moment - I'm finally catching up - will email you shortly!

Ramona
http://create-with-joy.com

Stephanie Lee said...

Wow!! you have been busy!! and all stunning creations - one after another - amazing eye candy!! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown. xxx Steph

Pauline said...

Adorable! I loved viewing ALL your Christmas Creations in the post, not just the one for For Fun Challenges! Thanks for joining us this week!

Jenni said...

LOVE those embossed trees Sally, thanks so much for joining us this week for the Crafty Cardmakers challenge.
Jenni x

Princess4Wiz said...

Your embossed trees are delightful, Sally!

Thank you for joining our challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.

Beth. xxx

Caroljenks said...

OMGness what an amazing array of projects! Beautiful - ALL of them.

Thanks for joining us over at Top Tip Tuesday this week for our 'White, Silver & a Hint of...' challenge.
Don't forget you could be in the running for another prize if you share a Top Tip with us - just add (TIP) after your name when you link.
See you next week :)

Carol x

sallysbitz said...

You have created some stunning inspirational cards & projects x

Thanks for playing along with us this week @ For Fun Challenges x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

Emma H said...

Wow, I love all your wonderful holiday cards! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion this week!

Shirley said...

I see the post below this one and I have been here. This post not only has beautiful and adorable cards, but it's making me hungry. LOLOL I love what you did with all of your embellishments too!

Nina said...

Wow, what a fab project! Love the motiv and snowflake. Fab papers too!

Thanks for joining our "Anything Christmas" challenge at Stamptacular Sunday :)
Hugs, Nina.

Sheena said...

Great cards! I wish I had as many Christmas cards made!
Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog!

Sheena
xxx

Kathy D. said...

I love the fluff on Santa. The card with the tree on it...I think I have that paper...from years ago!! The last card with the mice wrapped up is too cute! Love the gate fold.

Thanks for sharing your "Christmas Creations" with us at For Fun Challenges. Hope you will stop by tomorrow to see what our new challenge will be!!

Rica said...

Oooowow, so many gorgeous cards, I love those little mousies all tied them self's up fabulous colouring and I love the gorgeous design.

Thanks so much for joining us at House Mouse & Friends on Monday challenge,
love
Heather xx