Saturday, November 5, 2011

Inking Up A Couple Old Friends

It has been a long time since I have inked up a Penny Black  or WOJ stamp.  That could be, because I don't have many of them and I use the same couple over and over and over again, but hey..that's ok.  what good is a stamp if you can't use it more than a dozen times?  Who said you have to have a new stamp everytime you want to drag out the ink pads?  I know as crafters we think we need the latest and greatest of everything including stamps...that is if you are like me and I'm sure we are not that different!  However I have to say, I am learning to use what I have and to use my stamps again and again...just finding new ways to  present them on my cards.  It's a challenge but one that I am learning to embrace.
Challenges:
Fallin for you
The sketch is from Icsketches 
however I can't enter it in their challenge this week because it is Christmas themed. 
I just wanted to use the sketch with this image and paper.
Lashings of sparkle.   You are not able to tell, but all the hearts are glittered and
there is sparkle and shine on the swirls on the background paper, plus there are threads of sparkle
in the ribbon.  My photos
just don't show it off.   Honest it is really there.




This next card....I wasn't too sure about, but the more I look at it the better I like it. 
It will be one of those ones that my Miss V will love, because it has PINK in it!
 Challenges:
sketch
colors   Turquoise, deep pink, ivory
( the cup is ivory, as are the most of the holly leaves and mat behind the sentiment)
Food & Drink

13 comments:

Cheryl said...

oh hun this is beautiful love that image and adore the flowers,hugs cherylx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Awwww Henry looks gorgeous, just love the colours you have used hun!

Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Sue said...

Aww this is so sweet Sally! Henry Mouse is adorable! Beautiful colouring and love the paper and layout. Gorgeous holly!
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT and good luck in the Challenge!
Hugs Sue xx

Sheree said...

That image is adorable! Love your colouring and papers you chose for this card!

Mona Evy said...

Gorgeous card! Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations Wednesday,s Challenge blog!

Pami said...

Super cute card! Love the image and love the colours you have used! Thanks so much for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck! Pami x

Aunty Sue said...

Such a lovely cards and thanks for joining Creative Inspirations this week.

NGCARDS said...

This is a fabulous creation hun! Thanks for playing along with our Lashing of Sparkle Challenge over at Wednesday's C.I this week! xxx

Suzie McFloozy said...

Great cards - I love the 2nd with that cute image and I love that sentiment x
So pleased you enjoyed the colour combo at colour create - thanks for playing along with us x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Sarpreet said...

such a gorgeous card, sorry I have not been on your blog for a while, life just has been so busy.

CraftinGranny said...

Gorgeous cards and a great take on the sketches. Thanks so much for joining us at CCAYR. "Hugs"

clare said...

2 great cards and love that cute mouse! thanks for joining us @ CCAYR.x

Sharon said...

Two gorgeous cards! I love the images, they are both so cute :)

Thanks for joining us at Colour Create for the Turquoise, Pink and Ivory Challenge.

Sharon x