Saturday, November 12, 2011

From Christmas to Fairy Tales, to Gift Cards to Thanks!

Wow....my cards are all over the place today.  They range from Christmas to a scrapbook page.  I loved creating the scrapbook page, as the subjects are near and dear to my heart.  Hope you enjoy my efforts.

This is my attempt at the "cracked glass".  Not sure this technique is for me.  It seems that my edges
don't want to stay put...not even with using heavy duty sticky strip.  I have even tried glue...any suggestions?
Challenges:
Cracked Glass
Make it Sparkle
sketch
Chill Out
 #32  Glitter It up
Snowflakes

 Close-Up





This is a Digi image that I got from Beccy's Place
I fell in love with the hat so just had to color him up.  He reminds me of the
Grinch, but much cuter.  He could pass for the Dr. Suess books too!
Challenges:
#108  Use a Digi image
#117 What's On Your Head...
(if this isn't the correct intrepretation just delete from you challenge)





 I made this stocking into a card in an earlier post, but loved it so much that I made it again
this time turning it into a gift card holder with the pocket under the flap.
Challenges:
Pocket card or card feating a pocket
Anything Goes
Christmas...Vintage or Traditional (I chose traditional)

   


Challenges:
Embellishment Bingo  (I chose the column with lace, charm, gems)
#157 Lace and ribbon
# 81 Use your favorite techinque
Mine is definitely distressing paper with the ink to paper technique.  It's
quick, easy and always makes whatever you are working on POP!
   



Challenges:
Fairy Tales  (The Frog Prince, by Grimm Bros)
Bling It On  (I have a gem in the middle of the flower, lots of glitter on the flower and swirl that doesn't
show up in my photo and gold glitter on the frogs crown)





Out of all the my creations today, I think this one is my favorite.  It is near and dear to my heart.
My father served during WWII and I am fortunate to have him with me and my hubby served during the beginning of Viet Nam.  The school where my granddaughter goes had a program on Veterans Day to honor those Veterans.  The children were so proud of their parents, grandparents and in our granddaughter's case she even had her great grandfather.    I have purposely blurred all the faces of those in the group except my family.  My original is not blurred.  LOL
Challenges:
Be Thankful and Feature a Sentiment
My  sentiment is "thanks Veterans...American Pride"
(if this isn't what your wanted for your challenge, feel free to delete it:)
#83 Military/Patriotic
#33 Thanks
Anything but a card
# 160  Spots & Stripes
I used the stripes in my flag and the background
paper is embossed with circles that have stars in them
(if this isn't what you wanted for your challenge, just delete the entry..thanks:)
Stamp, Scrap & Doodle Saturday Challenge
Thanks

41 comments:

mulberry station said...

Wow, what a beautiful aray of cards. I love the crakle effect you have used on your card for SSW. It is stunning. I am not sure what to tell you about glueing the edges down. I think your card looks terrific! What a nice tribute to our veterans. It is really a gorgeous card too. Thanks for joining us. And, don't forget to comment on SSW to be entered into our grand prize drawing.
Nancy SSW-DT

Wanda Cullen said...

What a special photo page in remembrance of your DH and father's military service! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Raise the Bar!

Barbara Colbert said...

Wow! You were busy! Great looking cards! Thanks for sharing at Speedy the Cat's Challenge!

Deena said...

wow...so many great projects! love the crackel on that first card...very nice...thanks for joining in with the Poohbahs over at the Opus Gluei this week...

Chrissy said...

My, you have been busy...love the pocket boot you made to share with us...great idea and love the Christmas colours...

Thanks for sharing with us at 'Make it Monday'

Luv CHRISSYxx

debby4000 said...

Oh what a wonderful creations.
luv
Debby

Faye's Paper Passion said...

These are FANTASTIC. I LOVE the cracked glass technique.. Saw this on MIM..Faye

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW you have been so busy, I really like them all, Love the Crackled glass effect, not done a card with that for ages, thanks for sharing with us on MAWTT this week Love Hazelxox

Karen said...

Lovely work, thanks for joining us at SCSC.
xx

Winnie and Patty said...

Wow--look at all those cards!!! Boy have you been busy! Love them all!!!! Can't begin to choose a fav! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy the Cat's Firends challange!

Curlybear said...

Oh My Word this is one very pretty Collection, I just love colour themes, fabulous images too its just perfect for our challenge this week,

Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz Use a Digi Challenge I hope you can join us again next week


Good Luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget Crafty Catz DT :-)x

carol said...

hello...thanks for joining in with our challenge at CRAFTY CATZ this week, super card x carol

Joey said...

Sally these are fabulous, gorgeous designs, I love the effect on the top card, thanks for glittering it up with us at inky impressions. Joey x

downrightcrafty said...

wow you have been busy and a gorgeous creation and fabulous spots and stripes, thank you so much for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
Hugs Kate xx
ps I have some new candy if you are interested :)

Jan said...

GREAT projects. I saw them on MIM xx Jan

Lisa Jane said...

wow what fab cards and Layouts. LOve the cracked glass technique.
Thanks for joining us for our fairytale week at MAWTT this week
Lisa x

Spyder said...

wow you have been busy! fabulous makes,spyed your stocking on MIM
(Lyn)

Brenda said...

Wow what a lovely collection of beautiful cards!!! Thank you for playing along with us this week at Speedy The Cat's Friends Challenge.

Julie P said...

Beautiful cards,Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Play this week
Hugs Julie P

Aunty Sue said...

Fab card and thanks for joining CRAFTY CATZ this week

Deirdre said...

So beautiful - thanks so much for joining us on Paperplay this week for our "cracked Glass" challenge.

craftykitten said...

What a fabulous array of projects. I love that scrapbook page, so nice to have memories such as these. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Ribbons this time in our Anything but a card challenge. Hope to see you again next time.
hugs
Dawn xx

Linda said...

Hi Sally These are wonderful creations! I found you blog from your post on Going Buggy. I am giving away two Advent Calendars on my blog.
http://cardsbylinda.blogspot.com/2011/11/blog-candy-time.html
If you are interested.
I am also the coordinator for Stamp, Scrap and Doodle Saturday. Your Thank You would work for our challenge it you would like to post it there.
Love your project and it is so nice to meet you.
Linda
Scrapcat Cards by Linda

Linda w said...

So many cute and beautiful projects. Noticed you mention My Memories scrapbook software in your sidebar...I am offering it on my blog too it's you'd like more chances to win. Hugs lin

Linda w said...

Hi Sally, thanks for entering my giveaway. Hugs lin

Tip Top said...

Wow! You've been busy! Do like the stocking card - inspired! Thank you for joining in at Crimbo Crackers – hope you can join me again for the next challenge! Crimbo Crackers

Jeannie said...

Love your SSW creation - just adorable! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Sharon Basel said...

Wow! What a great selection of inspiration! I think your cracked glass snowman is amazing. Looks perfect to me and a few edges lifting just adds more character to this fabulous card. Terrific technique and great job with the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
Hugs, Sharon :)

Kathie said...

Hi Sally what an amazing aray of wonderful creative cards. I just love your Snow Man the cracked glass effect is wonderful. Great colours and papers. Great job and thanks for sharing your card with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW-DT

Jen Leeflang said...

I'm stopping by to tell you that I just love your fabulous Christmas Stocking you entered in our "Pocket Cards" Challenge at Catch the Bug.
Thanks for entering, and we hope top see you next week!
luv n huggs
Jen Leeflang
Bugaboo stamps DT

Genevieve said...

Wow! Beautiful line up of cards. I love the cracked glass snowman, I've never tried this technique, thanks for inspiration & thanks for playing along with us this week @ Sweet Sketch Wednesday :)

Genevieve SSW DT

Gini said...

Love both your snowmen cards.
If all else fails gluewise try "The Ultimate Glue" (Tim Holtz recommends it not just me!) or Glossy Accents.
Thank you for joining in with us at Opus Gluei.
Gini
xx

Helen said...

Wow - you have been busy! Fabulous LO!
Thanks for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
Helen x

Lori said...

Sally, I love all of your projects. All of them are so beautiful. Thanks for playing along in the Catch the Bug pocket challenge this week. Good luck and please join us again.
Lori

Francesca said...

Beautiful Creation

Thanks for joining us for our Spots and Stripes Challenge over at SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE

Hugs
Francesca

Shelley said...

Wow what amazing creations, thanks for joining in this weeks One Stop Craft Challenge. Hugs Shelley xx

Stephanie said...

Wow, you have been busy. I love your pocket card. Thanks for playing at CAtch The Bug.

Paul said...

What an array of stunning projects. Thanks so much for joining in with us this week for the Catch The Bug "Pocket" Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps. I really enjoyed making my pocket project and hope you did too.
TFS
Paul
Crafty Blogocks

Becky G said...

This is awesome! Thanks for joining us in this weeks Pocket Challenge at Catch The Bug!

:)Becky

Sara said...

Absolutely Gorgeous Thankful creation! Thanks for playing along with CMM!

Lesley said...

Beautiful cards! Thanks for taking part in the CYDA challenge xx