Saturday, October 22, 2011

Happy Birthday To Me:) With a Special Surprise...You'll Have To Read To Find Out Why

Yep today is my birthday.  I don't usually talk about it, however this day ranked right up among one of my favorite birthdays!  First of all I was chosen one of the top 3 over at http://unscriptedsketches.blogspot.com/.  Thanks so much for making my day.

Next my hubby treated me to a day at Adventures In Stamping.  This is an annual event with tons of vendors and lots of fun things to participate in.  He even went with me as it is about an hour's drive from where I live.  With everything that has gone on this summer, hubby thought I deserved a day out.  Thanks hon...You know I loved every minute of it.

I have emailing a dear cyber friend for about 3 - 4 years now.  We have often talked about meeting, because we live about 2 hours away from each other, but just never seemed to find the time.  Last evening I emailed and asked her if she was going to AIS.  This morning before I left I was reading my email and she said she was and we would probably stand side by side and never even realize we had been that close.  Well guess what happened?   We met...totally by accident.  I was waiting at a booth to do a make n take.  There was a lady standing by the side of me waiting too.  When it was our turn, we sat down, crafted and chatted.  The vendor asked if we were on the email list.  I wrote my name down on the list and all of a sudden the lady beside me said...Well I can't believe it!  Never in a million years.....Hello Sally....I'm Cathy...It was so wonderful to meet her in person.  What are the chances of that happening when there are hundreds of people all around?  It had to be devine intervention.  We must have chatted for an hour.  It was like we had been best of friends for years and years!  That was the highlight of my day. 

On the way home... hubby treated me to DQ...Best day ever.  Maybe it's not so bad to get older:)

4 comments:

Mary Lou said...

Hi Sally~~I am not a common visitor...but I did pop in and Wow HAPPY BIRTHDAY and what an Awesome day you must have had :) Hats off to DH~~what a great guy!!!!! meeting your cyber friend--eay toooo coooolllll!!!! Top it off with DQ~~THE BEST!!!!
Hugz hun and blessings for many more FUN birthdays:)

juli (sweetpz) said...

Happy Birthday to you Sally!
It sounds like you had a fantastic birthday =) Don't you just love when all the stars align and especially on your birthday too?
So cool you got to meet your cyber friend.

hugs
juli

Rita said...

Happy Birthday Sally! Your hubby is the best...he knew just what you needed. I'm so happy your day turned out to be so awesome, including meeting a blogger friend!

Cathy said...

I have to say, it was the best AIS day I ever had. Oh my word, to meet you in person was so COOL. Talking with you and crafting side by side was a chance in a life time. I am so glad that happened to us and hope we run into each other again real soon. Loved chatting with you and your hubby, your hubby seemed so nice. I am so glad I could be a part of your birthday. Wish I could have some DQ cake, too. Love that cake, it's so yummy.