Sunday, October 16, 2011

Fancy Folds, Shapes, To You Choose

I think I have pretty much covered them all in this challenge.  The only things I didn't use are fabric, lace or monochromatic color schemes.  Hummm maybe next time I have a few minutes to craft I will have to throw those into the mix.  The reason for all the cards lately is because my sister puts a box of my handmade cards on her desk at work and the co workers buy them  as they need them. She told me her supply was getting low so I thought I had better take some time to replinish her stock.  Not only do I love making them, it gives me a reason to keep my crafting room messy. 

First up is a card I made using my stamps from Heart and Soul Rubber Stamps.  If you haven't looked at her stamps lately be sure to check them out.  She has added new stamps to her store.  (I have them, I just haven't had time to play with them...That is next on the list).  Anyway this is one of my favorite images.  Yeah I know it's floral..What can I say.  I colored it with copic markers, then used glimmer glaze just on the background.  It really makes it shimmery and makes the flowers pop.  I just couldn't get it to show properly in my picture. 

Challenges:
Unscripted Sketches  #128 Sketch and piggy back was to use fabric... I didn't have any that matched my colorscheme.  However I did us the sketch.  Instead of squares at the bottom I used 3 elements, half bow, button and ticket. 
3 papers, 2 embellishments, 1 image (my 3rd paper is behind the ticket and button,  it has teeny tiny yellow flowers)
Lil Red Wagon  Just the ticket.  
(I had a bunch of these tickets from the prizes that I didn't win at our family reunion raffle, so being a crafter I just couldn't throw them away.  I turned them over and stamped on the back side and added some faux stitching.  Love how it turned out. 



I made this Mother's Day but never used it as I wasn't sure I liked it.  The other day I was looking through my cards and decided it really is kind of pretty. 
Challenges:
One Stitch At A Time  Shaped card or using lots of shapes.  Each layer in this card is a diamond shape except for the base layer.
Scrappy Frog Challenge  Something that flies
Sentimental Sunday Challenge  #77 Fancy Folds plus a sentiment



Happy Halloween   Love this little image.  Even if it isn't stamped it is adorable.  Thought my granddaughter would love a card made with this cute little spooky ghost.  The image is by Elizabeth O Dulemba at
Elizabeth O. Dulemba
Challenges:


 I love making handmade flowers.  They are a bit tedious but so worth the time and effort. Each petal is punched using a pear shaped punch. curled, pinched and tweezed to get the shape right.  Each petal is placed separately using a thick, quick, clear-drying glue.   I have made this card for a very special lady's birthday.  I hope she likes it.
Challenge:
Top Tip Tuesday  Designer Paper and handmade flowers


 This card....well let's just say it was tedious and quilling is not my bag.  Our local craft store (Archivers) was having a make and take day to show how to incorporate quilling and stamping in cardmaking.  My 6 yr old granddaughter was all gungho on the quilling so I took her.  Her card turned out beautifully.... mine...not so much.  I can't remember the stamps we used for the branches and dots, but the sentiment I added at home as I didn't want to use their Thank you stamp.  My stamp is from the $1 bin at Michaels.  It is a Kolette Hall stamp.  I masked off the flower part of the stamp. 

Challenge: 
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge  You choose...and be sure to stamp.  They also suggested you try something different... I did quilling...Probably not again:)




23 comments:

bettand said...

Such a gorgeous card. I just love the colours, swirls and that awsome flower. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday and good luck. Hope to see you back tomorrow for a new challenge. Bettina xx

Josephine said...

Beautiful cards! I especially love the mulit-fold card.

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, and good luck.

Linda Beeson said...

I couldn't pick a favorite, these are wonderful! Each card has so many really unique aspects about it. LOVE what you did with the Unscripted sketch

Céline said...

gorgeous card
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
hugs
céline dt member

Elizabeth Hart said...

I adore your little quilled bird. I have tried to quill and made a mess but I love that bird of yours. Thanks for sharing this cute card at the Stamptacular Sunday Challemge, Elizabeth, (DT)

dstandard said...

Oh wow your cards are all just gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Unscripted Sketches!

papertrails leaver said...

so many lovely cards to look at! Wow! Your fancy fold card for Sentimental Sundays is fantastic! Thanks for joining us this week! :-) Amy

*Vicki* said...

WOWZER!!! Sally, all of these creations are awesome!! I don't think I could even begin to pick a fave here!! Thanks for the great inspiration!! HUGS

Joanne said...

Your cards are just beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon :)
Joanne xo

purplestamper316 said...

I Love what you did with the stained glass flowers! Really really pretty :)

Cheryl said...

gosh hun all of these cards are just amazing the detail on each of them is just so beautiful and just love all the different flowers you have made brilliant hugs cherylxx

Janneke said...

What a great cards ;o)
Thank you for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge this week

Linda B said...

This is my first time to visit your blog, and I must say that you are one busy and talented lady! Love all that I see here.
What a great way to sell your cards. Clever idea!

Tameko said...

Beautiful cards. Love your unique fancy fold card. Thanks for joining the Sentimental Sundays Fancy Fold Challenge!

Billie A said...

Your cards are wonderful so pretty. I like the details in all of them. Thanks for joining us this week for Unscripted Sketches challenge. Hope to see more of your work.

rudlis said...

Beautiful cards! Thanks for joining us at Unscripted Sketches.

Sarpreet said...

This is such a gorgeous, Sorry it has been a while since I hvae been on your blog, it may be a little longer before I can start visiting regularly.

bettand said...

Such a beautiful homemade bird. Love the way you've decorated with branches and separated with ribbon to make a scene. The colours go perfectly together. Thanks for playing at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back sunday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

Dora said...

O wow all your cards are stunning .. they all have that unique style which is so fabulous, love them all. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week with your Fancy Fold card and good luck xx

Calypso's Crafts said...

Wow!!!! Well I love your Mother's Day card too!!! Thank you so much for sharing your fancy folds with us at Sentimental Sundays.

Hugs,
Calypso

CherylAnn Robinson said...

Awesome cards!! You did a great job with our challenge at Unscripted Sketches.

Julies Crafty Creations said...

What a beautiful cascade card. Thank you for joining in with our challenge over at OSAAT with our shape up challenge and good luck. Julie DT

my little scrapping corner said...

beautiful cards. thans for joining us at OSAAT, hope you join us next time too.

my little scrappingcorner
DT One Stitch At A Time