Sunday, October 23, 2011

Another Batch of Ecletic Cards

The other day someone asked me what my card style was and I told them pretty eclectic.  I like to try a lot of different techniques and styles.  There is really no one style that intrigues me more than the other.  On the flip side of that I can definitely say that I love anything that is floral!

Had a blast with this card.  I stamped the image (Hero arts) on white cardstock with versamark ink, then added marcacite embossing powder.  When you turn in the light it has a lot of shimmer and sparkle in  different colors.  If you look closely you can see some of the reds and greens. I love this embossing powder, I had forgotten that I had it.  I am sure I will be using it more often.  The texture is not smooth.    I then adhered it to silver mirri card and added some black and white ribbon.  In real life it is really stunning. 

Challenge:
Paper Play Challenges   Use Black
One Stop Craft Challenge No Designer Paper
One Stitch At A Time  Emboss  (Lots of embossing on this card)


The image below is from Blue Ridge (something, would have to go look it up again and I just got my stamps cleaned and put away).  Love this candle.  Have had it for ages but forgot that I had it until I was going through my Christmas Stamps.  I added some vintage photo distress ink around the edges to give it that old vintage look.  Kind of like the browns and reds.
Challenges:
Fab N Funky Challenge   #95  Distressed or torn
Christmas Blog Challenge  Vintage Christmas


Back to House Mouse stamps.  I just love these little critters.   I know they are supposed to look spooky for Halloween but with these little characters how can you get them to look spooky?
Challenges:
Raise The Bar  Orange & Black  
All Sorts  Halloween
Stamptacular  black, orange, purple  oops! my bad, I've been notified by Celine at Stamptacular that I didn't read all of the challenge....It needs to have a pop up inside!  Sorry!
The Crafty Pad   Halloween



The stockings were hung by the chimney with care..In hopes someone  will fill it with crafting supplies:)  Sorry about the off the wall humor there!

The stamp is Stacy's Stamps.  She is a dear friend who has been making stamps for many years..She gave me this image yesterday at the AIS Show.    

Challenges:
Colour Create  Burgundy, gold, green, cream


I received this image several years ago in a swap.  I finally colored him up and tried my hand at a shaker card.  Not sure that is my bag of tricks.  It ranks right up there next to quilling.  There has got to be an easier way to make one of these than the way I made this one.  Anyway, my granddaughter might enjoy it???

Challenges:
Crafty Creations A Christmas Birthday
Truly Scrumptious    Shaker card
Crafty Catz   Birthday


25 comments:

Elizabeth Hart said...

LOve, love what you did with the House Mouse card - colors are fabulous and the image - well we know that the House Mouse is always so cute. Thanks for sharing your adorable card with us at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Cheryl said...

oh just love all these cards hun the first one is really classy and and love what you did with the house mouse stamp,and the vintage card is gorgeous and just love the shaker card too,beautiful work hugs cherylxxxxx

downrightcrafty said...

you have been busy and what a gorgeous vintage creation, thank you so much for joining us at the Winter Wonderland this week
Hugs Kate xx

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous cards.
luv
Debby

Sue said...

Beautiful image Sally! Love the paper and gorgeous border, and distressing is perfect for vintage look.
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT Challenge
Hugs Sue xx

Nikki Byrne said...

OOOOh waht a wonderful batch of cards, I particularly like the B&W christmas trees at the top, love all the embossing :o) Beautiful. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week. Good luck. HUgs

NIKKI DT

sparklingblackrose said...

These are a fantastic set of cards but I really love the tree one youve entered in our challenge, its stunning! Thank you for joining us at One Stop Craft Challenge this week, hope to see you again soon! Elaine DT -xxx- p.s I have candy! www.sparklingblackrose-craftmylife.blogspot.com

Céline said...

gorgeous card, but it need to have a pop up inside to be eligible.
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
hugs
céline Dt member

carol said...

super card for our challenge, thanks for joining in with our CRAFTY CATZ challenge this week, x carol

Jill said...

What a great Halloween card and the house mouse image is just so cute!
Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week and good luck!
Hugs, Jill

Marlies said...

You have made a lot of beautiful cards! I love the shaker card, such a cute image! Thanks for joining us at Truly Scrumptious,
hugs, Marlies

Fleur said...

Gorgeous collection of cards Sally, Thank you so much for entering my Halloween challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
Hugz Fleur xXx

Pami said...

Wonderful selection of cards, I love the first one, really effective. Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, hope to see you again soon. Pami x

Michele said...

This is such a gorgeous card. I love the image you've used and the details also. Thanks for joining us this fortnight at Truly Scrumptious. Hugs Michele x

craftyb said...

Lovely selection of cards - i need to get cracking on my cards!! LOVE the sweet image, and I'm sure your grand-daughter will love the shaker card! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges! bx

Diamond Doll said...

Fab card for our challenge Sally.Thankyou for joining us this week at Crafty Catz.
(hugs)
Trish (-:

Aunty Sue said...

Lovely card and thanks for sharing at crafty catz this week

DesignerDiva said...

Oh my you certainly do have an eclectic style of card making! Plenty of gorgeous cards amongst these, love the tree and I certainly hope my stocking will be filled with crafty goodies!
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week and good luck with the challenge
Laurie x

Curlybear said...

Oh My Word this is one very pretty creation, I just love colour theme, its just perfect for our challenge this week,

Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge Happy Birthday
I hope you can join us again next week


Good Luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget Crafty Catz DT :-)x

Sharon Caudle said...

Fantastic cards! Thanks so much for joining us at PaperPlay Challenges and hope you join us again soon.
hugs, Sharon

Love crafts forever said...

All your cards are beautiful.
Thanks for playing with us at OSAAT. Good Luck!!!
Hugs Nataliya

Debbie said...

Fabulous cards and adore the wee house mouse - Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafty Pad challenge this week. :)

Debbiex

~*Joni said...

What a gorgeous lineup today! I love your cards, the little mouse is adorable! Who knew they dressed up for Halloween too? ;) Thank you so much for joining in on our Orange & Black challenge this week at Raise The Bar!
~*Joni RTB DT

Wenda said...

Great card, thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week.

Hugs Wenda

Beth said...

Ooh you have been busy! Such a beautiful collection! Thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious Challenge!

Love Beth xx