Monday, May 23, 2011

Sympathy Cards Are so Hard To Make

I find making Sympathy such a hard card to make and this one was no exception.  It seems that we have had our fair share of family and friends having to leave us lately. 
When this card started out, I had no idea what direction it would end up being.  I am not sure that I like it, but this is how it ended up.  I do have to say it is much prettier in real life than my photo.  It just doesn't do justice to the colors and detail. I made a matching box again because of the popped up parts of my card. 

Card Front


 Card with Matching Box
Challenges
Creative Inspirations   #112 Lace and Pearls Lace is behind my flowers and pearls are in the centers of my flowers.
YNS Challenge   Pop It Up  my sentiment and flowers are popped up with foam and thick pop dots
Colour Create Challenge  White, Cream, Brown...Extras..flowers and buttons
Raise The Bar Challenge    Sympathy Card
Crafty Card Makers  embossing with inks or dry.. I used both

 

9 comments:

Sylvia said...

What a fantastic card:-)) Adorable image.
Lovley use of our colours and fabulous design.
Thanks for playing along with us over at Colour Create.
Sylvia

Cheryl said...

oh hun love this card,adore the papers you have used and your detail is just,lush hugs cheryl xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hi, WOW you have managed to do this perfectly, I too find sympathy cards very difficult, thanks for playing along with my sketch on MAWTT this week Hazelxoxo

Mona Evy said...

Gorgeous card! Thank you for playing this weeks at Creative Inspirations Wednesday's Challenge!

NGCARDS said...

This is a wonderful card! Thanks for joining in with our Challenge of Lace & Pearls over at Creative Inspirations Wednesday's Challenge Blog! xxx

Lisa Jane said...

what a great card for such a difficult occasion
Thanks for joining our sketch challenge at MAWTT this week
Lisa x

fionalawlor said...

What a beautiful card, just perfect for this sad occasion.
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.
Fiona x

Jack said...

This is a beautiful card, I'm sure who ever receives it will appreciate all the thought you've put into it. Thanks for joining our challenge at Crafty Cardmakers. xx

Shirley said...

They are hard to make, but yours is just so warm and beautiful! The sentiment is just so lovely too! The matching box is really wonderful and will make it a great keepsake too.