Monday, May 30, 2011

Flowers, Flowers And More Flowers

First of all A Big Thank You to all the veterans here in the USA! 
Hard to believe it has been so cold and raining here.  We had begun to think that we were never going to have warm weather, but.....today our temps were in the 90s.  OUCH!  We went from upper 30s to 90s in a matter of no time.  It has really been hot and humid.   I thought the rain would never stop long enough for my flowers to grow so I started making my own!  LOL   Today we celebrated my mother's 80th Birthday.  I had a cook-out for the family and my sister was home this time so it was really special!

Now to My Cards...ERrrr. the first 3 pictures are not cards.  It is an altared box to hold my card!
The card I made wouldn't fit in an envelope so I hunted high and low until I found this box.  Cut it down, added a thumb tab on the side to open it with and then embellished it with flowers and a sentiment.  Instant envelope.

This card and box is for my MIL.  We will be celebrating her birthday on Friday.  She will be 90 and still going strong.  I made this very special card for a very special birthday and a special lady!  I hope she likes it.






The box above fits the following challenges:
Crafts 4 Eternity   Altar Something.  I altared a box
Craft Challenge   Altar/recycle  I recycled a box that I altared
Woodware USA  Forgotten embellishment  (my butterfly punch and the small star flower punch.  I hadn't used them in a long, long time until this week.
Challenge Up Your Life  Recyling (I recycled a box, by cutting it down to size and embellishing it)
Sentimental Sundays  Anything but a card
Digi Design House Anything but a card

CARD
(below)
All flowers are handmade using various punches.  Some of these  punches had not seen the light of day in a couple year I'm sure.  Don't you just want to pick them?

The card above fits the follwing challenges:
Crafting For All Seasons  Anything Goes
2 Sisters Challenge Blog  Anything Goes
Paper Crafting Journey  Anything Goes
Paper Play Challenges  Blossoms and Blooms
The Paper Shelter   Anything Goes
Crafty Card Makers Love the lasting kind (love my MIL this card is especially for her)
Scrappy Frogs Challenge   Happy Birthday

21 comments:

Shirley said...

Wow! Sally, I love the card and what a great box for it too! Your flowers are lovely!

Nannieflash said...

Gorgeous card love it and your flowers. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. with hugs Shirleyxxx

alethea said...

This is absolutely beautiful!! Thnk you for joining us at PCJ for the Anything Goes Challenge!! Hugs xx

Jani said...

Wow! What a stunning goreous card you made!
The flowers all look so beautiful! Just like they are real!
Thanks for joining us at CFAS!
Jani x

pinky said...

Brilliant idea and will save those beautiful flowers. Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
Pinky

McCrafty's Cards said...

an absolutely gorgeous card, Thanks for playing along with us this week at TPS.
Kevin xx

Deirdre said...

Ahem, jaw on floor... amazing.

Thanks so much for joining us on Paperplay this week. ♥

carol said...

super box, glad you found a one to alter, it would have been a shame to but this beautiful card in an envelope, thanks for sharing your idea with us at CRAFT, x carol

papertrails leaver said...

what a beautiful box and card! Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays!

Cheryl said...

oh this is one beautiful box and card just so beautifully designed love those flowers hugs cheryl xx

ElenaB. said...

An awesome idea!! Love it!!

nicoleqmullen said...

Wow, what a stunning creation! Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week!!

Manuela said...

Wow, what an adorable box! It's so wonderful! Great :)
Thanks for playing with us at Challenge up your life!

michele said...

Beautiful! thanks for joining us at C4E this week hugs x

thestampingbug said...

So beautiful. And who would think such a treasure is hidden inside? Fabulous! Thanks for playing in the WoodwareUSA challenge this week. good luck! Kerry

jackid said...

the card & box are beautiful so much work has gone into them well done and thanks for joining us atCCM
Jacki xx

Tenny Kusuma said...

BEAUTIFUL creation. I bet your MIL will love and treasure this. You're so thoughtful. Thank you for playing along with SS.

Tracey said...

WOW! This is stunning, I love those flowers :)
Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays & Good Luck!
Hugs
Tracey
x

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Beautiful cards...such cute images...thanks for joining us this week at TPS…..
Hugs Judith

Suzanne :O ) said...

holy cow! those flowers are so luscious! what a beautiful project, it certainly makes for a special birthday card! thanks for joining us over at woodware usa this week!

jackid said...

me again lol thanks for joining us atPCJ too great card
Jacki xx