Sunday, May 22, 2011

Birthday Card With Matching Box

At the end of this month my wonderful Mother will be celebrating her 80th birthday.  I am so blessed to have her with me.  She is my best friend and always there to listen or give me advice when I need it.  She is my sounding board and prayer partner and my cheerleading champion in whatever endeavor I choose to do!  I always tell my sibblings that Mother loves me the most...however we all say that!  LOL
I wanted my card to be really, really special for her this year.  Since she loves flowers , (when she was a little younger her flower gardens were the envy of the neighborhood), I thought what better way to honor her than with handmade flowers.  With that being said I have sat for two days making lillies as they are one of her favorites.
I am sorry about the photos... I could not get the glare off the mirri paper or the reflection to go away.

Happy Birthday Mother
I love you!

Front of Card


Card With Matching Box


Box

Close Up Of Flowers--Used Lillium Feather Punch by Punch Bunch
Entering in the following challenges:
Letter "S"  spots, stripes, swirls, shells, sandpaper, stickers, etc.
I used silver mirri paper and silver spots on my ribbon
Crafty Creations  May Flowers challenge # 119
Fab n Funky challenges  Make your own flowers.  (mine are handmade) add ribbon and patterened paper (I embossed my paper to give it a patterned look

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

oh wow hun this is just stunning those flowers are just amazing and your mum will just love love this sure of that,hugs cheryl xxxxx

lisbeth said...

This is so beautiful. Love it :) . Thank for joining us at Truly scrumptious

Janette said...

Stunning card and box, thankyou for sharing them with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Sally
A gorgeous card and box,thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz,
Hugs Dianne xx

stampinfrog said...

Sally the flowers are gorgeous! Your Mom is going to love this card and the box! Tell your Mom Happy Birthday from me and I hope all of her Birthday wishes come true!!!!!
Big Hugs,
Connie

Mandy said...

Such a wonderful card,and box,it's gorgeous. Thanks for joining us this week at Truly Scrumptious...
Mandy x

Dawn said...

Hi Sally, your card and box are absolutely gorgeous - your flowers are amazing, I am sure your mother will just love them. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz, Hugs, Dawn

Shirley said...

A really gorgeous card and you have such a talent for flowers and color too!