Sunday, March 27, 2011

Hippity Hoppity Easter's On It's Way! (CORRECTED POST)

With Easter looming on the horizon, I thought I should get busy and make my cards for my sweet Miss V.  I usually make a couple of them for her as she loves getting them in the mail, eventhough she only lives 12 miles from me.  While I was at it I also made cards for my sister to mail to her grandchildren.  So grab a cup of coffee, put up your feet because this is a slightly long post. 
I was asked to do a project for a friend, and had to make a trip to the local craft store (I don't frequent them unless I have a specific order). Anyway while I was there. I took a few minutes to browse through their stamp isle and came across this stamp set by inky antics. I had a 40% off coupon so decided it had been since last Nov, that I had really treated myself to crafting supplies. These stamps in the first card is their Honey Pot collection. These stamps are used in conjunction with honeycomb paper. Much to my dismay my store was out of the honeycomb paper so I went online to inky antics and found the paper which was 6.00 for a 6" x 4" sheet and 6.00 to mail it. That price was really beyond my budget! Yikes! Anyway to make a long story short, I found this site on the internet  Shiny Sparkle Pretty I was a little concerned about the size of the honeycombs so Alicia kindly sent me a sample. The size was a little larger than the inky antics paper, but works just great. I ordered from her and I can tell you I received my order in 2 days. They were sent from OK and I live in OH. Included were easy to follow cutting and gluing instuctions. She also told me I could cut two and glue them together to make them fuller. However in my cards I only used one. I am very pleased with the outcome for a first try. I can't wait to try other projects using this paper.

Challenges:
Stamp Challenges  Spring Something
Paper Play Challenge  Distressing... I have distressed the cross pieces on the
bottom of my card to give it dimension.

These first 2 cards are for my Miss V



Next up is a card that I made using a template from my dear friend Penny.   These can be found Here.  Please if you use her templates leave her some love and please adhere to her Terms of Use. 

Challenges:
Cinspirations   Anything but a square card... Mine is regtangle with diamonds
Fab n Funky  More than one fold





These next cards are for my sister's grands!  She has one of each.  Bet you couldn't tell that from the pictures huh?

The first card is made using a digi (freebie) from Digital Delights.  It was just the perfect image for a little boy card.  Again I used the honeycomb paper on the inside.  I'm just lovin this stuff!  They make such fun features to the cards.  On the inside I used a medley of stamps from inky antics and from my dear friend Leanne, who sent me a couple stamp sets a while ago.  I have used them from time to time but have not given her credit.  The grass part was the perfect stamp for these two cards.   Thanks bunches hun.. I love the sets you sent to me!

The image used on the card below is a freebie that I got sometime ago on either Forgotten Scraps or Grandma's Pearls blog.  Sorry I can't remember which one it was.  This image makes the perfect little girl card..  I tried my hand at my own pattern for an egg on on the inside of this one. 
Challenges:
CORRECTED POST
Let's Ink It Up  Die cuts and punches.  My image is a digi however the sentiment, grass and eggs have been stamped.  The egg were then punched out of the paper I stamped on.  The little carrots were stamped and colored with copic markers.   OOPS!  MY BAD....DIDN'T REALIZE THAT YOU COULDN'T USE DIGIS IN CONJUNCTION WITH STAMPS.. THOUGHT SINCE MOST OF MY CARD WAS STAMPED IT WOULD FIT, HOWEVER I WAS WRONG....SORRY TO MISLEAD ALL MY BLOGGER BUDDIES.
Sentimental Sunday  Cute and Cuddly plus a sentiment.  You can't get much more cuddly than a little lamb.
Colour Create  Pastel colors (picture on their blog) plus Easter them as bonus





14 comments:

Annmaree (Emu) said...

awww these are so cute, I love these!

That Bunny certainly has a spring in his step, loving teh carrots!

And the little lamb is so sweet!

Love these, the interiors are great!

Sarpreet said...

hi there, gorgeous cards inside and out, great design and layout. Beautiful papers and image.

Fliss said...

These are all lovely cards Sally and the bunny and carrots really cute.
Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU die cuts & punches challenge and good luck!
x

uksharon said...

Cute card - definitely springy!
Thanks for joining us at PP this week
Best wishes, Sharon

NGCARDS said...

A lovely card hun! Thanks for joining in with our challenge of No Square Cards this week over at Creative Inspirations Wednesday's Challenge Blog! xxx

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow these are so cute, love the images and cute look, fab design too, thanks for joining us at colour create, hugs Liz xx

Cheryl said...

All of these cards are so cute and clever! Thank you for joining our “Cute & Cuddly” challenge at Sentimental Sundays .

~Cheryl~

Emma H said...

Wow, that's a really cool multi fold card, I'm going to have to go and check out your friend's templates! Thanks for playing along with Fab N Funky this week! (that bunny stamp is totally fun too!)

The Paper Princess said...

What a cute card!

Ramona

http://create-with-joy.com

Pinkllilac said...

Beautiful cards Sally and love the images, stunning how you did the cazrrot on the inade, love it.
Hope your all well over there.
Hugs Linda

Janiel/ janny said...

Beautiful cards!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that carrot in the middle of that card!! Very creative!!
hugs, Janiel
CCCB

MrsK said...

Great Creations i love them all! Thanks for playing along with Sentimental Sundays! Hugz Sal x

Beccy said...

wow have you been busy or what, stunning collection, the carrot is a perfect embellishment.

Hugs Beccy x

Shirley said...

What a great bunch of creative Easter cards!!!