Sunday, March 6, 2011

Friends Are Like Angels

I feel like it has been so long since I have had a few minutes to craft and I really do miss it.  It just seems that life has a way of taking priority sometimes and that is how it has been for us this whole past year.

Anyway I received some stamps from Heart and Soul Rubber Stamp Co this past week and really wanted to do some stamping.  The other night when I couldn't sleep I stamped this image up and this is what I have come up 3 days later.  I adore this image! 

The papers I have used for this easel card are old papers that I have had forever.  Not sure of the name.  The image was colored with copic markers.  For the wings I used pearl Smooches and then added glamour dust on selected parts of the wings to give dimension.  The halo and trumpet are glittered with platinum glitter.  It is reall so pretty.  Wish you could see it in real life.
I would like to enter this in the follwing challenges:
Top Tip Tuesday  Favorites (your favorite embellishment or technique)
I used my favorite technique which is to use my copic markers to color flowers and embellishments and my favorite embellishemnt is flowers.
CInspirations  Things Found in A Garden
Mine is flowers and I have a statue of a garden angel.





I was surprised at this next card.  It was not what I had in mind at all, but once it all came together I really did like the color combo.  It is definitely out of my comfort zone.  The flowers were white with a shimmery satin finish.  I colored them with black copic markers which gave them sort of a gold/black color.  It doesn't show up well in the picture but they are stunning. While rummaging around in a odds and ends box, I came across this ribbon that has the same tan/camel color as in my card with streaks of black in it.  Don't you just love it when you can find the perfect scrap to bring it all together? 

This fits the following challenge:
Let's Ink It Up  embossing ... heat or dry  The scallop folder is dry embossed around the edge.
Paper Take Weekly  Anything goes



 Inside of card

12 comments:

Rita said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous Sally...I Love the embellishments!

Tammy (LaDiva) said...

Well done Sally!!! Very inspirational!! Thanks so much for sharing at Let's Ink It Up this fortnight!!!

Good luck!
Tammy xox

SuzanneK said...

Love the design and colour combo, lovely creation. Thanks for joining us at LIIU, good luck Suzanne x

Shirl said...

Both cards are lovely Sally and what great colour combinations. Thanks for sharing with us at Let's Ink It Up.
Hugs Shirley x x

Aunty Sue said...

lovely card thanks for joining Creative inspirations

NGCARDS said...

A very pretty card hun! Thanks for joining in with our challenge of In The Garden at Wednesday's Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog! xxx

Marcea said...

What fabulous cards. Love your images and embellies. Thankyou so much for joining us on PTW ... lovely to visit after so long xxx
-x-

Softpencil Studios said...

Wow Sally!!! gorgeous cards! they both are so beautiful! I love the colours combos, papers, embellishments and the image is so sweet!

Thank you very much for your comment on my new website!!! I´m so glad you like it!

Brenda Brown said...

These are such beautiful cards Sally. I love the colours and designs, they have to come together perfectly.
Thanks for sharing them with us at Let's Ink It Up.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Kim. said...

It is lovely to have you back Sally.
Wow these are gorgeous cards I especially like the colours of the second one. The image is so pretty and has a real peaceful look to it.
Kim xXx

Cindy said...

Oh my! These just took my breath away, Sally!!! So glad to see you getting back to stamping. I hope the mojo continues!!!

purplestamper316 said...

Really love these! You always make such nice things with my stamps <3