Sunday, January 23, 2011

Quick Post, A Card and a Word Art Book

This will be a quick post to let you all know that I may not be on the computer very much in the next couple weeks.  I had been having computer problems, thought maybe a virus, but took it in for a sweep and nothing was found.  Then on Thursday I got a notice from my virus protection program that I needed to download the newest upgrade.  I did and now I have to have my hard drive reformatted.  It won't even let me get on the internet and I had to go into safe mode to even uninstall the program.  The techs told me it corrupted my registery and my operating system.   Grrrrrrr....Computer problems rank right up there with car problems... I hate both of them and they are both expensive to fix.  Having said that since my computer is 7 years old...I can't complain about it's performance, but I was at least hoping for 7 more years..LOL  Anyway they recommended I replace my harddrive at this time due to age...so I will be without a computer for awhile, but will try to check my email from time to time when I'm at my sons.

Now for my creations:

I followed a tutorial I found over at Top Tip Tuesday
I have always wanted to know how to make one of these and with her simple step, by step instructions even me who is challenged in more ways than I care to admit could make one...  I'm impressed!  Thanks for the great instructions.  Will enter both of my creations in their challenge this week.  It is sentiments and you have several chances to win some great prizes..  Hurry on over, you still have a couple days.



I think I made this card for hubby for Valentine's Day, but am not sure as I'm thinking it might be a bit too girly???  What do you think? 

Oops!  Sorry I said this was going to be a short post didn't I?

6 comments:

Leanne said...

Sally - both of these are gorgeous!! I don't think your card is girlie!!

I 'love' the book you created using our tutorial at Top Tip Tuesday - it looks fantastic!!

Thank you for joining in with us this week - we have missed you!

Take care
Leanne xx

Donna said...

Two gorgeous creations Sally and I'm sure your husband will love the word book, it is for valentines day and pink/red are the colours so not girly at all. Hope you get your computer sorted soon without too much damage to your purse lol. Donna x

Elaine Stark said...

This is a wonderful wordbook. Not too girlie, I'm hubby will love it. Your card is lovely too. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday and using our tutorial. Elaine

Anne said...

Wow you made the book and doesn't it look great! Good luck with the computer, hope it's not as bad as it sounds to sort out...

Thank you for taking the Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, hope you’ll join us again!
Hugs
Anne

Caroljenks said...

Ooohh Sally your WordArt Book is amazing :) I'm so pleased you liked my tutorial and found it easy to follow - makes it all worth while :)
I love the papers you've used on the pages and the detail you've added to the spine :)

Your card is fab too - I love the paper and the sentiment is great.

Thanks for joining in with us this week over at Top Tip Tuesday for our 'All Sentimental' challenge :)

Carol x

Samantha said...

Brilliant well done and fantastic to see you followed Carols Tutorial too! thanks for sharing with us at Tip Top Tuesday! hugs Samantha :0)