Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Me Time!

It's cold, blustery, frigid, whatever you want to call it.   COLD...It is only 18 degrees.  I don't know what the windchill is and I really don't want to know.  We have about 6 inches of snow, which in our area isn't much.  I got out this morning and cleared the driveway.  Hubby came out to give me a few pointers and after a few minutes of realizing that I wasn't doing it to suit him... I politely said..."Bug Off", I'm doing it my way".. It may not have been his way, but it looked pretty good to me when I got finished.  LOL.  The end result was to clear the snow from the driveway and I accomplished that.  We've had this snowblower for two years and I just wanted to see if I could operate it... I can... Will I do it again?  Probably not unless it's a necessity!  LOL

I came in and thought I would take some time to craft while trying to get warm... I did carft, however I have NOT gotten warm yet and it's afternoon already.  Hot coffee, nor lunch has warmed me up at all. 

Here are some of the fruits of my crafting labors today. 


I know...it's not Christmas...However I actually made this the other day because I loved the image and the papers.  I would like to enter it in the following challenge

Paper Take Weekly  Winter scene/ or icy colors, blues, whites, lilacs and greys.
I have used lilacs and whites along with snowflake paper  in the background around the Nativity.  This is probably a stretch so it it doesn't meet the criteria just delete it from your challenge. 


I was goofing off expermenting with some red embossing powder.  This is the result of my experimenting.  I sort of like the look.  Also embossed the edge around the roses with gold embossing poweder.
and used a die cut from my cricut home decor for mounting. 

For Challenges:
Crafty Card Makers   Use red and a die cut (mounting label is a die cut)
Stamptacular Sunday   Sketch  (I love this sketch)


Little disappointed in this card.  The words.. I and love doesn't show up well in the photo, but it is embossed with gold embossing powder.  Love the font and both of my stamps are bargin buys from Michaels.  75 cents each!

For Challenges:
One Stitch At A Time   Love & Valentine
Craft Your Day Away  Anything Goes
Alys Sunday Challenge   Things with wings.  My little bee has wings.  LOL



For Challenges
Paper Crafting Journey  Let's get digital  (DZdoodles image)
Kaboodle Doodles  Anything Goes



Although I am not really a silver, black and white type person for some reason this card appealed to me. I made this as a "thank you" but couldn't figure out where to put it on the outside, so it is in the inside.    When I got it finished I found it fit quite a few challenges this week... Lucky me.  The flowers are old stamps by outlines. I really tried to not get my skin reflection in the silver mirri paper... No luck!  The leaves really are silver, not skin tone.  LOL

A Spoonful Of Sugar  Thank you is on the inside
Top Tip Tuesday  Anything Goes
Paper Play Time  Black, Silver and white only
Let's Ink It Up  Anything goes...
Fresh Brewed Designs  Black + white + one other color (silver)

28 comments:

Tracey said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Fresh Brewed Designs.
Hope to see you again.
Hugs,
Tracey

Jill said...

Love all of your cards, difficult to choose which I like best! Thanks for joining in Kaboodle Doodles this week. Jill

Vixx handmade cards said...

Hiya Sally!

Wow you have been a busy bee hun lol! Such gorgeous creations even tho' it's very cold for you brrrrrr. Weather here in the UK is very WET AND WINDY!! but at least its mild :o)

Take care and stay warm sweetie,
Hugs Vicky xx

Angie said...

lovely card i like the punched border thanks for joining us at papertake weekly
Angie

Cindy said...

Aaaaa, *thud*! Your basket of crocuses made me swoon! Your coloring is superb, as ever!!! Hugs,
Cindy

stampinfrog said...

Gorgeous cards Sally and I am so glad you have found time to craft!
Hugs,Connie

Saskia said...

Wow... you're so creative! Beautiful cards!!
Lovely to see your work at Freshly Brewed Challenges! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

Sweet greetings, Saskia :)

debby4000 said...

Wonderful cards.
luv
Debby

Rainmac said...

Wow, you've been super busy with your cards Sally, they are beautiful and all so different. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Your Days Away for our first challenge of 2011, good luck xxx

Janis said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for playing at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

Dawn said...

Wow you have been busy & that includes clearing the drive even if hubby didn't think so...lol.
Great cards, love the bee & red one, which just so happens to been entered into our challenge over at OSAAT, so thanks for joining us this week

Gemma said...

You have been really busy! Love all your cards but my fav is the one with the lilac ribbon, just so creative how you have done that! Thank you for playing along at SSC this week. Hugs Gemma

SuzanneK said...

OMG you have been a busy girl. Great projects. Love the flower stamp and the dimension, fantastic. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU, Suzanne x

Casper said...

Hiya Sally.

How are you?

What a great collection of cards, my my you have been a busy crafter!

Your card that you have entered to our challenge for "Love & Valentine" theme is so appropriate love your pleated circle.

Thanks for joining in at OSAAT this week.

Take care
Big Hugs
Casper
xxx

Heather said...

Beautiful cards! I really love the way you showcased the roses. Just Lovely.

Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Brewed Challenges.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Lovely cards!!!!

Claire said...

Wow you are on a roll, what gorgeous cards!! Thanks for joining us at LIIU, good luck and hope to see you again soon
Claire xx

Karita said...

How wonderful cards! :) They all are so beautiful with gorgeous images!

Thank you for joining at SSC this week :)

Hugs,
Karita

Samantha said...

fabby card! love the embossing and that flower is stunning, Thanks for joining us at Tip Top Tuesdays challenge, Samantha :0)

Pam said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love all your creativity!

bumblebee creations said...

Oh this is absolutely gorgeous!

Eiglas said...

Lovely card Sal - all your work is lovely!
Thank you so much for sharing with us over at Top Tip Tuesday!
Hugs
Eiglas
x

Eiglas said...

Super cards Sally!
Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty CardMakers this week!
Hugs
Eiglas
x

Gemma said...

a lovely creation! Thanks for joining in our Valentines challenge this week at One Stitch at a Time! Gemma :)

mudmaven said...

Wonderful cards! Thanks so much for playing our Do it With Digis challenge on Kaboodle Doodles. We hope you will join us again next week! ~chris

PCJ said...

As I was scrolling down your page, I was saying to myself "wow that's beautiful" "wow that's even more beautiful" :)

Thanks for joining us at PCJ challenges this time and we hope to see you again soon!

Lisa x

Caroljenks said...

All beautiful cards Sally - an afternoon well spent I'd say! I do hope you've warmed up now and have not had to get your blower out again!

Thanks for joining us for our 'Anything Goes' challenge this week over at Top Tip Tuesday :)

Carol x

Joanna K said...

OMG, beautiful cards! Thank you for joining us at the LIIU and hope you can join us again soon ;) Hugs, Joanna x