Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I Just Need To Vent and Need Some Recommendations Needed...

You don't have to read this... I just need to vent and first and foremost I would like to say I nothing against any country...I truly don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings.....Just against companies who insist that you try to speak to someone in a foreign country where you don't understand the language and have difficulty understanding their English with an accent.  Some of us do have hearning problems.  It's as bad as trying to understand those automated voices. 

Anyway today I wanted to buy a laptop computer from Dell.  Not that I can afford one, but mine has been acting wonky.  The fix-it techs tell me it is not worth fixing so if I want to continue to be on the internet I need a new computer.  Granted the one was I was considering buying wasn't thousands of dollars, but it is what I felt I could afford and I have been a long-time Dell customer.  After trying to talk options with someone in India, then the Philipeans, then back to India I asked if I could speak to someone in the USA and was told no... they don't have the capability to forward my call to the USA, however they could and did forward my call back and forth from India to the Phillippeans.  Can't figure that  one out.  I have decided if I can't buy from a company here... then I might as well deal with a company headquartered in another country.  I might get to speak with someone in the US?? Thus I told Dell in an email that I would not be buying from them but would look to purchase from a company not headquartered in the US... Not that it will make a bit of difference to them, but at least they know they have lost a long time customer also I will not be buying Dell.  I truly do believe in buying from companies in the country in which you live, but I also feel if these companies want your business, they should also provide customer service/sales staff  from your country.  Seems simple enough to me.  If any of you have any suggestions on an inexpensive laptop I am open to all suggestions.  All I have had for the last 10 years is a Dell so I am not familiar with other computers other than an apple, but software for that computer is non existant in our area.  My computer is 6.5 years old so I really think I have gotten my money's worth.  LOL... Can you help me?  Again I did not intend to offend anyone.  Maybe I am the only one who has had this problem?

6 comments:

kaz_za's crafty corner said...

Hi sally... your not offending anyone.. i know how you feel.. there are times when someone who can understand you and help you pick the best things to suit you and your needs is a Def... and when spending money on a comp/laptop you def need someone who can understand you and help you.. not confuse you ...
sorry i can not help you out with laptop... mine is a Toshiba.. and i got it from pc world in England.. maybe going to your comp guy may help you... he maybe able to find you something from usa .. and for you needs..
hope your rant helped...
hugs
kaz_za

joey said...

Hi Sally

I wouldnt be able to advise you on a laptop although my is a sony vaio and I adore it :O) I do hope someone is able to give you advice. I agree with you fully, sales staff or call centres should be in the country that the company is in too, sometimes it can be very difficult and then it makes you feel as though you are being rude. I try to avoid those calls lol

Joey xx

Patty said...

I think we have all felt this frustration. Did you know that you can ask to be connected to someone in the USA. They (whatever country you are talking to) does not like this, but I do it anyway. Maybe one day jobs will come back to America! Especially if we insist on talking to someone here!

Liza said...

Hi Sally I can totally understand your fustration. I have a sony vaio and I think it is fabulous, but I am not a techie person so it is just my own experience I can comment on. I hope you get sorted out soon.

Liza x

Rita said...

I totally understand Sally & I am so sick of it too. I can't & won't deal with it any longer. After all I'm the one spending my money so customer service means a lot to me. As for Dell...don't get me started...see my posts from March 11, 22 & April 3 when I bought my laptop, I NO LONGER will buy a Dell...I'm done with them. Do you have a Best Buy near you? They are fabulous to deal with & such a big help. Tell them what you want to do with your computer & that you want a cheap one but a reliable one also. The ASUS brand is one of the best right now. They didn't have what I wanted in sotware & memory so that's why I ended up with a Toshiba, I like it but the battery doesn't last as long as they say. No big deal I just use the electrical cord most of the time anyway. Good luck & I hope you find what you want.

Kim. said...

Sally I totally agree with everything everyone else has said but just wanted to add that like you we have only ever had Dell computers in our house. My point is that we always order online and get our products delivered as requested without any problems at all. Have you tried www.dell.com that way you don't have to speak to anyone.
Kim xXx