Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Finally A Few Cards And Some Challenges Too!

Before I post my pictures I have to say that Thanksgiving Day was wonderful.  It was the first time in 2 1/2 months that our son walked without the aide of a cane, walker or wheel chair.  God truly did answer our prayer for that day.  He has had his ups and downs since, but Thanksgiving Day gave him a much needed renewed spirit.  Thank you all so much for your prayers and kind thoughts.  It has been a rough summer for all of us. 

Now onto my cards... Yep... I had some time to myself and I made good use of it. My mojo is a bit rusty but at least I was CRAFTING!

I needed a simple decoration so I sat down and came up with this idea for a tree.  Not sure that I like them.  It seems something is missing, (suggestions anyone?) but it will fill my corner unless I find something else better. 

It fits the challenge for:
Creative Inspirations   decorations--no cards
Christmas Blog Challenge  Shape It up




Miss V needed a gift for her teacher.  Since I had several of these pails (they had flowers in them).. I decorated it for Christmas, added some candy and it is the cutest little idea ever.

I will enter this in the following challenge:
Creative Card Crew  treat boxes or goodie bags... (I hope this fits)
Top Tip Tuesday   Anything Goes
Paper Cutz Challenge  #69 anything goes


Love these white cards with just a splash of color. 
Fits the challenge for:
Crafty Card Makers   White and a splash


I stamped the background on my cardstock, then embossed the tree from a cuddlebug folder in silver mirri paper and added a mat, gems and a ribbon.  It really is stunning IRL...
Entering in:
One Stitch At A Time   Bling it up
Alphabet Challenge  E is for embossing
/crafty Catz Weekly Challenge  Christmas nice and simple


My favorite card this year is this simple one.  These are the ones I made to send out to family and friends. 
I stamped the card with a holly image...colored it with copic markers.  Then printed the recipe on the card.. It fits in the pocket so you can take it out after Christmas and add it to your recipe box. 

This fits the following challenges:
Paper Play Time  Christmas Carol Inspired.... Deck the Halls (my holly image)
Belli Challenge  #105 R's   Red, Ribbon, Ric Rac...anything R.. Also using old and forgotten things.  I have red, ribbon and a recipe, plus my paper is so old, I don't even remember who it is made by... It was wrinkled and dog eared. 


For some reason teal appealed to me this week.. Love the simplicity of my card and with all that has been going on...I am all about simple...
This fits the challenge for:
ABC Challenge  Ice and Snow.. My card's snowflake has glitter all over it to give the impression of ice.  Wish you could see it IRL


Made this adorable little tag to go on the pail pictured above.  I stamped it on acetate, colored it with slick writer markers.  Glued the back with glossy accents, sprinkled it with glitter then added scrunched up tissue paper, punched a hole added some butcher twine and this was the result.
Fits the challenge for:
Lil Red Wagon  Christmas tag or bag
Our Creative Corner  Tag, you're it
One Stop Craft Challenge  Christmas Cuties


Do you think I made good use of my time?  Even if they aren't my best work it was truly just what I needed to be doing.  Thanks for looking.

23 comments:

Nisson Family said...

I love all of your crafts today! So great! Thanks for participating in the Paper Playtime challenge.

Pam
simply-pam.blogspot.com

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Sally
Gorgeous creations,thankyou for joining us on this week's challenge at CraftyCatz,
Hugs Dianne xx

NGCARDS said...

Wonderful decorations! Thanks for joining in with our theme of Christmas Decorations over at Creative Inspirations Wednesday's Challenge Blog! xxx

Margreet said...

Your creations are all gorgeous Sally....thanks for playing with OSAAT
xxx Margreet

Paddington fan said...

Wow, you have been busy!! Love all your cards! Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week and good luck, love Jacky x

Maggie's Crafts said...

Brilliant creations! Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday @ http://toptiptuesday.blogspot.com/ Please come back next Tuesday for another brilliant tip! :)

Maggie

xx

Josephine said...

Fabulous projects - I love the sparkle on the tree card especially.

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week.

downrightcrafty said...

oh what a lovely creation and a super shape thank you for sharing with us this week at Winter Wonderland, Hugs Katexx

Dora said...

Wow all your cards are awesome, love them all especially the shaped Christmas Trees xx Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week and good luck.

uksharon said...

Wonderful treat container.
Thanks for joining us at CCC this week.
Best wishes, Sharon

Maria Matter said...

Wowza Sally, such beautiful makes!
great job!
blessings!

Cindy said...

Yay, you're BACK! I'm so glad to hear your son had a good day on Thanksgiving. Praying he has many more in the days ahead. (((Hugs))) Cindy

Lin said...

What a stunning collection of crafty makes.

What did you use for the background stamp on the cuttlebug lace tree card? The one with the tree in silver and the hint of blue stamping on the background? I need that stamp!!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Lin - Lil Miss Chatterbox xx

Lin said...

What a stunning collection of crafty makes.

What did you use for the background stamp on the cuttlebug lace tree card? The one with the tree in silver and the hint of blue stamping on the background? I need that stamp!!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Lin - Lil Miss Chatterbox xx

Katy said...

OOOH some fabulous ideas here, such a variety of decorative festive pieces. Thanks for joining in with our theme of Christmas Decorations over at Creative Inspirations Wednesday's Challenge Blog! Hugs. Katy. xxx

Shelley said...

Wow these all look amazing!! Thanks for playing along at One Stop Craft Challenge. Hugs Shelley xx

joy said...

Like all your projects, but I love the recipe card! What a clever idea! Thanks for participating in the Creative Belli Challenge.

Jachelle said...

beautiful cards!! i should've come here for inspiration before i sat down to make mine! I love yours. :)

Nikki said...

Sally You've been really busy everything looks so good and those cookies look Yummy :)
hugs Nikki

Joanne said...

Wow! Your creations are just beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon:)
Joanne xo

ona_i_ja said...

Wow, Sally..... This is stunning. all projects are gorgeous!!!!
Thanks for joining us at CCC this challenge and good luck.
Hugs
Agnieszka

Kim. said...

Oh Sally I am so glad your son got some relief at long last even if it was short lived it gave him some peace. I wish him all the best and hope he has more days in the future the same.
Wow you certainly did make the best of your time and all your cards and projects are beautiful. I'm sure Miss V loved her pail as will her teacher as it is so sweet.
Kim xXx

Sarpreet said...

wow! these are all stunning