Saturday, December 11, 2010

Decorating The Christmas Tree Miss V Style

We spent the whole day with Miss V today and loved every moment of it. Since she began school full-time in September we don't get to see her like we once did and I have to say hubby and I truly miss her. Since early summer her daddy has not been able to play with her, and she misses that so much. We do try to make sure she is kept active. Since Thanksgiving she has been asking if she could decorate our Christmas Tree all by herself. I finally gave in and told her certainly. I invited my parents... her great grandparents to come over and give her a hand so they did. I don't know which of us enjoyed it the most, hubby and I? mom and dad? or Miss V herself? LOL.. Anyway this is not exactly how I would have decorated the tree, but it is how Miss V wanted it...so I am not moving one ornament. This is HER tree this year! I thought I would share a few of my pictures with you.   We truly made picture memories today.  It was so much fun watching her interact with her much loved Great Grandparents and her Poppy.  I wonder if she really understands just how much she is loved and how much joy she has brought to our family?  This is the easy way to decorate your tree... Let everyone else do it!  After decorating the tree and having gingerbread cake with coffee for the adults and milk for Miss V we took her shopping to buy gifts for her mom and dad.  Of course she had to buy herself a gift too!  (hummmm... that sounds way too much like her Nonnie).  We finished off the day with dinner and an aggressive game of Aggrevation.  She had never played that game before but found out she loves it and was so happy to find out that Nonnie has several of her daddy's old board games on hand.  I think we will be playing a lot of board games this winter.



Giving Poppy pointers


Showing where the next ornament should go.


Peeking around the tree



 It's a Family Affair


Practing on Grandpa on how to place the angel on the tree!








Whistling Jingle Bells

4 comments:

Janette said...

Thanks for sharing these wonderful moments with us, MissV looks like a beautiful little girl, hope you all have a fabulous christmas time.xx

Leanne said...

Oh Sally, what a lovely set of pictures! It looks like Miss V certainly had a lovely day and what wonderful memories for you all to treasure!

I was naughty this year...I put my tree up whilst the kids where in bed...!!!

Hugs
Leanne xx

stampinfrog said...

Sally the pics of Miss V decorating(giving directions)is sooooo precious!They will make a gorgeous scrapbook layout!
Hugs,Connie

Kim. said...

Oh Sally these are beautiful photo's, Miss V looks so happy and the tree looks wonderful. Miss V is so lucky to have you all to help give her normality at a difficult time.
Kim xXx