Monday, December 13, 2010

Calendar Stand That Caused Blisters On My Blisters

I have been wanting to make a yearly hanging calendar but needed a stand to hang one from. So I though just how hard can it be to make one. Well let me tell you, when you have NO tools or woodcrafting skills it can be pretty hard. I have blisters on top of my blisters and bruised hands...LOL... Was it worth the effort. In my opinion...YES.... Would I do it again? Not sure... Anyway I thought I would share my creation with you and I am pretty pleased with it,  especially since the only tools I had to work with were a hand screw driver, sandpaper (all hand sanded) a dremel, paddlebit and a screw driver (hand not electric). Thankfully a very nice man at Home Depot cut my wood to my measurements. When I got it all assembled I stained it with a light cherry stain (the wood is pine) and finished it off with clear glossy polyurethene. It will hold a calendar or picture page up to 6.25 x 7 inches.


Tell me what you think and be honest...I can take the criticism, especially since I know I will not have a career in wood working.
I made 6 of these and have 3 left.  If anyone would be interested in purchasing one please contace me using the contact information in my side bar.  They would come with 2 one inch rings.  They are very sturdy.  I used screws and not nails. 

9 comments:

Sarpreet said...

hi there, this is so gorgeous? was it worth the blisters?

Cindy said...

Oh my gosh, Sally, this is beautiful!

Vixx handmade cards said...

This is amazing hun!, you done a brilliant job and it was worth all the blisters :o)
Hugs Vicky xx

stampinfrog said...

Sally, we had snow day today and I got to stay home and play!Almost forgot how to!!!HaHa You know I LOVE your calendar holder!Was it worth the blisters....YESSSSSS!
Big Hugs,
Connie

Kim. said...

Oh wow this is a beautiful idea, love how you could use this as a calendar but also use it to hold photo's too.
Kim xXx

mochamama said...

Well Sally I would definately say this was worth the blisters! I know, easy for me to say considering the blisters on your hands and not mine. LOL Very beautiful project.

Sarpreet said...

Thank you for such nice comments on my blog, much appreciated

Amy said...

This looks fabulous and what a great idea! Your workmanship is amazing especially for having only hand tools, your poor hands!

Jachelle said...

I would say it was worth the blisters...
but then again, i wasn't the one who got them, so i guess its easy to say. lol
merry christmas sally! God bless you!