Friday, October 1, 2010

Christmas Trees, Holly & Rain

It seems no matter how hard I try there are days that my pictures just don't turn out good and today is one of those days.  These really do look much prettier in real life
When my sister was home at the beginning of the month I gave her all the Christmas Cards that I had made last year and didn't use, plus some that I had made this year.  Now I am starting to make mine..I have a long way to go... I am opting for way SIMPLE this year. 
I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Creative Inspirations  #80 Christmas in September


This next card I made using the left overs from the first card.  I just love it when I can use all my scraps. Also shows that I used all the same elements and stamps to make two completely different cards. 
This fits the following challenges:
ABC Christmas Challenge   T is for tree
IC Sketches  sketch

This next card, I truly fell in love with but the picture turned out so dark for some reason.  I love holly.  It is one of my favorite Christmas time foliages. 
I would like to enter this in the following challenges:
Paper Play Challenges  Hidden extra  (I added an envelope with a sentiement inside)
Lil Red Wagon  Make your own embellishments... ( I made the envelope, note card and snowflakes)
ABC-Challenge  E is for easel
Our Daily Bread   Movement (I made a pop up inside the little card in the envelope and I used an ODB stamp on the back of the small card inside of the envelope.



although it is not required by Our Daily Bread Designs to use there I stamps.. I did use this one from their "light of the world" collection that says "stamped  for you by".  I really hate to admit it but I only have one stamp set from them, but dearly love their stamps. 


I colored this image a couple months ago with distress inks and prisma pencils
It fits the challenge for:
Cutie Sunday   Rainy Days

28 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Awh, what super cards hunny! Thanks for playing along at ABC Christmas Challenge. Hugs, Sxx

Bubbles said...

Oh Sally such gorgeous cards, all of them! My fave is the first card, just lovely. Where did you get or who is the tree stamp by, I love it?
Joanne x

Deirdre said...

Sally, this is just beautiful - love the little envelope with the hidden sentiment.

Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week. ♥

Nicola said...

Sally wow what a great selection of cards all very different and very lovely. Thank you for joining us this week at ICS. Nicola xx

stampinfrog said...

Fantastic Christmas cards but I will admit my fav is the red and white easel card with the holly!It is so stunning!
Hugs,Connie

Kim. said...

Wow Sally these are all really beautiful and the photo's look great.
Kim xXx

Avril Tanner said...

Such beautiful cards! Thanks for playing along with LRW!

Cathy said...

All of your creations are great but I too love the holly card. It is so beautiful.

Riet said...

So gorgeous cards Sally,I love the images and your papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Helen said...

Gorgeous cards - I love the tree stamp you've used!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Mona Evy said...

Oh my, gorgeous cards! Thanks for joining this week at Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge!

Victoria said...

lovely cards - thank you so much for joining us on abc this week x

Nadine said...

Hi

I love your card, it is so beautiful.
Thank you so much forplaying Cutie Sunday.
Hugs Nadine

Nadine said...

Hi

I love your card, it is so beautiful.
Thank you so much forplaying Cutie Sunday.
Hugs Nadine

Arwen said...

Wonderful!
Your card is amazing. I like the colors and the backgroundpaper.
Thanks for joining Cutie Sunday this week.
Hugs Arwen

Minnamanna said...

All of your creations are so beautiful!
Thanks for joining us at PTW challenge this week.
Hugs, Minnamanna (GDT)

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

I love this image :) Your card is amazing. Thanks for joining Cutie Sunday ......

Hugs
Bella

Alicia said...

What gorgeous cards! I love the Christmas cards and your cute little hidden note is so sweet. Thanks for playing along with Paper Play this week.
Alicia xx

Cathy said...

Fabulous easel card. Thank you for joining in the ABC challenge this time.
Cathy xx

Pinkllilac said...

Gorgeous cards Sally with beautiful details and papers.Your colouring is perfect.

Hugs Linda

Kim said...

Beautiful work Sally! Thanks for stopping by the SCACD blog today and leaving me such lovely words! If you are interested in the Precious Metals paints you can get them at Susana's store. I believe she's one of the few in the U.S. carrying these lovely paints! :)
Hugs~ Kim

Meredith said...

Gorgeous Christmas cards -- those trees are awesome! Thanks for playing with ICS this week!

Jackie said...

Wow, what a lovely selection of cards. Thanks for joining us at ICS this week. :)

Dianna said...

You've been busy! Beautiful cards! I'm so glad you found inspiration with my sketch! Thanks for joining us at Inspirational Card Sketches this week!

Rosalee said...

Love your cards Sally. Just beautiful. Hopefully I'll get into the spirit of making Christmas cards soon. Never too soon of start.
Hugs, Rosalee

Leanne said...

Sally, these cards are gorgeous, I love the christmas tree image that you have usd!

Hugs
Leanne
xx

Betty Wright said...

Sally, this is wonderful and such a beautiful Christmas card! Really heart the way you created the movement in the ODBD card! Beautifully done! Thanks so much for playing Stamping In Time!

Chrissy D said...

Gorgeous Christmas card!!! Thanks so much for joining us in Stamping in Time through ODBD!