Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Quick Tip

I love buttons but hate to use them as I have a hard time finding cording/thread that fits through the holes or what I have doesn't match my project. I can't take credit for this tip, but I love it...I read on someone's blog not too long ago.  I wrote it down and do you think I can find the paper I wrote it on to give credit?  Nope!  I'm asking what's a person to do when they can't even find their notes?  If you read this and it is your idea please let me know and I will most certainly  give you credit.  After posting these photo's it looks like I should have tried to clean my work space.  It sure is stained.

Today's tip is to cut ultra thin strips of cardstock, cut a point on one end


Thread the paper through your button.

Either tie it in the front to have ears


or glue it on the back so it's flat in the top

  Volia it looks like a sewn on button. 



I used these on a previously posted card which you can view HERE

Will enter this in   Top Tip Tuesday/ 

If you haven't checked out this new blog yet...you don't know what you are missing.  There are some great time-saving tips and wonderful techniques being posted there.  While you're checking it out I am sure you have a time-save tip or technique that you use to make your crafting easier.  Why not share it with the rest of us... Great prizes too!

7 comments:

Rita said...

Great tip Sally...thanks for sharing!

stampinfrog said...

Fantastic tip Sally!Hope you are having a fabulous week!
Hugs,Connie

Ruth (Sabriel) said...

Thats an awesome tip Sally. Thank you!

*hugs*

Nikki said...

Ohh Like this tip :) it's so brillant

Maggie's Crafts said...

What a clever idea! :)

Thanks for sharing with us at Tip Top Tuesday at http://toptiptuesday.blogspot.com/

Maggie xx

Leanne said...

Oooh Sally, now this is an absolute fantastic tip!! I never have cord the right colour!

Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday - good luck!

Hugs
Leanne
xx

Caroljenks said...

Sally I just love this tip - It sure beats trying to find cord to match!

Thanks for sharing with us at Top Tip Tuesday :)

Carol x