Tuesday, September 28, 2010

New Backing For Old Stamps--Top Tip Tuesday

Do you have some favorite old stamps that has no foam backing....that are just rubber?  (This also works on unmounted stamps)..  I have several old See D's stamps that I really love to use, especially my faux stitching and swirl ones, but I hate the fact they have no foam backing so I decided to experiment and this is what I came up with.  There are several pictures....so grab a cup of coffee or tea and I promise to make this little tutorial as clear as mud.  I would also like to enter it in Top Tip Tuesday .  BTW if you haven't visited that new blog yet.... you really should.  They are having some wonerful tips and techniques posted their weekly.  Also if you have a tip or technique that you use, why not post it... You could win a fabulous prize.

Step 1:  Lay your unmounted stamp face up on the printed side of the EZ Mount foam backing paper and draw around your stamp. 

Step 2:  Cut out traced image

Step 3:  Use removeable tape and tape your stamp to your acryllic block.  Turn EZ Mount cut out image over to unprinted side (this is the side that will be mounted to your acryllic block (cling side not sticky side) when it is finished..the printed side of EZ Mount is the sticky side that you adhere to the back of the stamp).  Peel off the paper but save it  to put back on when you are finished stamping...




Step 4: Ink up your stamp (I use Stazon, as it seems to last longer and dries quickly) and carefully line your stamp up over your cut out EZ Mount and stamp your image... Again make sure this is the unprinted side of the EZ Mount...the cling side not the sticky side.   Placed save paper back over stamped image to protect the cling side.

Step 5:  Turn your stamped image over and carefully remove the printed paper from the EZ Mount cut out that you just stamped.  Carefully position and line up  your stamp face up on this sticky side and press firmly to adhere. 

Step 6:  Your stamp is now ready to use on your acryllic blocks.  When done remove them and store them as you do all unmounted stamps. 
If I have made this as clear as mud please feel free to contact me using the link in my side-bar and I will try to further confuse you.  LOL..

7 comments:

stampinfrog said...

Great tip Sally!I do the same thing except I use straight pins to help me align the rubber image to the ez mount.
Hugs,Connie

Dawn said...

Wow I actually understood that, love a great way to use so many of my neglected stamps. Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at Top Tip Tuesday

Cindy said...

Brilliant!

Caroljenks said...

Great tip Sally - thanks, I'll have to dig out my unused stamps now :)

Thanks for sharing with us at Top Tip Tuesday :)

Carol x

Maggie's Crafts said...

That is a fantastic tip Sally! Love it!

Thanks for sharing with us at Top Tip Tuesday at http://toptiptuesday.blogspot.com/

Maggie xx

Fuzzy Slippers said...

EZ Mount is a dream! Thanks for sharing this fabulous tip with us at TTT! :)

Vivienne said...

Thank you for sharing how you mount your stamps. I successfully mounted my new whiff of joy stamp today, and I love the fact the image is shown on the cling side.