Sunday, September 19, 2010

Leaves, Flowers & Folds

My card today is another one with a fall flair!  Just love these colors, however they don't seem to stay around long before the bare leaves and dark skies of winter will be here, so I am enjoying the color in my surroundings and in my crafting as long as I can.. LOL
Image is Magnolia and old one.. (that's basically all I have of those)..Papers are DCWV (several years old), flowers and ribbon from my stash.  Colored with ......are you ready?.....not copics.....but.....Distress inks.   LOL.   I bet you all thought I couldn't use any other coloring medium but copics.  

As far as the fold goes.. I am not sure what I was trying to achieve. I was going for an angled tri-fold card but got my measurements all messed up and this what I ended up with, however; I decided it "ain't too bad".   My layout inspiration came from Sunday Sketch and Stamp  (Sketch)... I will enter it in their challenge, however it may be too loose of an intrepretation for them.  If so they can feel free to delete it. 

I would also like to enter it into the following challenges:
Cutie Sunday   Fall Colors
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge   Grid... I have two grid types one in the designer paper and the background behind Tilda which I ran through the cuttlebug.
Magnolia Down Under   fancy folds


16 comments:

Annette said...

Sally, what a wonderful card! I love the fall theme - colours are gorgeous. And, you've nicely incorporated our "grid" theme. Thanks for joining us at SSC this week.

Kim. said...

Gorgeous card, great image coloured beautifully and I love papers, those rich colours are so warming.
Kim xXx

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

What a gorgeous card, thanks so much for joining us at Cutie Sunday this week ……

Hugs
Bella

Marushy said...

Wow wonderful! It's great - I love it!

Thanks for joining Cutie Sunday his week.

Hugs
Marushy

Louise said...

Such a lovely card with a great fold :) I think I´m going to have to try this someday :)
Love the colourcombo! Stunning work!
Thank´s for playing along with us over at MDUC :)
Hugs!

Bubbles said...

Beautiful card Sally, the autumn colours are gorgeous. Really love the addition of the flowers and the leaves!
Joanne x

Kylie said...

A gorgeous Autumn card! I love the fold, very sweet for this particular Tilda,
Thanks for playing at MDUC this week,
Hugs
Kylie

Nadine said...

Hallo

wow, wunder wunderschön.
Da stimmt einfach alles.
Vielen Dank fürs Mitmachen bei
Cutie Sunday
Liebe Grüße Nadine

Ruth (Sabriel) said...

What a cute card! I love the colors and the fold!
Awesome work my friend!

*hugs*

Kruemel said...

What a cute card! Love the fall-ish colors and those papers you´ve used. And your coloring is amazing!

Thanks for joining the MDUC Challenge this week!

Hugs
Kathrin aka Kruemel

Stampin'Piper said...

Stunning card! Wonderful colours!

Thanks for joining us at MDUC this week, Hugs Tanja

Marina said...

That's gorgeous!
I love the design and the colours and details are fantastic.

Thanks for joining us at our ISB-Challenge,

hugs,
Marina

tmcc4 said...

I love the fall colors! great job!! thank you for playing with SS&S!! good luck
Mandy

Kati said...

It´s a gorgeous card and a wonderful bow.

Thanks for joining us at ISB-Challenge and good luck,

hugs, Kati

Arwen said...

Great work!
Your card is gorgeous.
Thanks for joining Cutie Sunday this week.

xx Arwen

Adria (I now have 3 Copics!) Slauterbeck said...

I love interesting twists and folds! what a fun and fabulous card!

Thanks for making the "grid" with us over at STAMPTACULAR SUNDAY CHALLENGE!!