Thursday, September 2, 2010

From Babies To Halloween

I'm so excited today that I can hardly contain myself.  My sister is coming home for a few days.  It is the first time I have seen her in over a year.  I thought while I am waiting for time to go to the airport and pick her up I would pass the time by posting a few cards and things that I have made.  When I finished them and started going through the challenges I found that several of these could fit more than one challange. 

I needed another bagalope to put homebaked cookies in so this is what I came up with.
It was a recycled envelope and all the papers are from my scrapbox and the embellishments are from my stash.  Image is WOJ.  For some reason the green colors look wonky in my picture but IRL they are lovely.  Honest...they really are. 

ISB Challenge   girly
Creative Inspirations  color theme..pink, green, cream


Next up is a baby girl card that I made using an Inkadinkadoo Stamp.  For some reason this always reminds me of the story "Good Night Moon"
It is a clean and simple layout.  The flowers are Michaels Bridal Table Confetti, swirl cricut home decor, gem & ribbon my stash.  Sentiment computer generated.  Background is embossed using the score-it.  Center was cut out using a round nestability and the cuttlebug.  Colored with copic markers and lots of stickles were added for sparkle and glitter
Stamptacular   Shades of Pink
Crafty Creations  white plus one color....It's obvious...PINK





I think this next card is probably my most favorite.  It was an experiment and I used a bunch of old things. 
The image is Hero Arts.  I purchased 3 of these butterflies in a pkg when I first started stamping.  Brought them home and never used them because being a new stamper.... I didn't know what to do with them...
I had an old stamp pad by Stampcraft that has 5 colors of ink in one pad.  Don't have a clue why I bought it or where it came from but I inked the butterfly up with it  and this was the result... After stamping it I added Whisper Pearl Glitter embossing powder.  I wish you could see all that shimmer IRL.   Added jute ribbon and regular ribbon from my stash.  Flowers are Michaels Bridal Table Confetti that I sprayed with Creme de Chocolat Glimmer Mists and topped them off  pearls from Kieser Kraft.  The paper is Basic Gray Indian Summer....Last years paper. 

Belli Challenge   Use an OLD stamp.... Mine is at least 4 - 5 years old
Fab n Funky Challenge   Material... can be ribbon, lace or make your own
Cute Card Thursday   material girl.. can be ribbon, lace, etc. 




I don't make a lot of Halloween cards, but found this stamp in the bottom of a storage pail all gunked up.  I thought it would probably not ever stick to an acrylic block, but it is amazing what a little soap and water can do to put the cling back in your acrylics... LOL  Seriously I don't even know where this stamp came from unless it was a dollar bargin at Michaels that I let my Miss V buy last year. 
Designer Paper is DCWV from last year or maybe 2 years ago??
I stamped the image again using the same ink pad as above and the same embossing powder.  I love the watercolor look .. Happy Halloween sentiment is studio G and is embossed with Marcasite embossing poweder... Love the sparkle it gives.   To finish it off I added a ribbon, charm and faux stamp stitching.  It was really a fun card to make and I love using the multi color stamp pads. 

Paper Take Weekly  Just One of Something.  I used used on pattern paper...one charm, one ribbon and one image
ABC Challenge  charms
Delightful Sketches   Too Cute To Spook
YNS Challenge   Anything Goes
Moving Along With The Times   Stitching  Real or Faux
Paper Play Challenge   Stitching  Real or Faux.




46 comments:

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Wow!!! gorgeous collection of cards hun
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT & OSAAT this week
hugs shell xx

Dawn said...

They are all lovely, but I do like the girlie one especially. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week. Pop back on Saturday to see our new game. Enjoy the time with your sister.

Dora said...

O wow so many beautiful cards, you've been busy and I love them all. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT and good luck xx

Brenda Brown said...

Hi Sally
What a fabulous set of cards, I love them all, you have a range of styles and each one has been so well made.
I am so glad you have joined us at MAWTT for my stitching challenge with your pumpkin card, this fits the theme perfectly.
I hope we will see you again soon with another lovely creation.
luv Brenda xxx

Brenda Brown said...

Hi Sally, me again and without repeating myself I love the cards you have created and that little envelope bag is so cute, what a great idea.
Thankyou for sharing these with us at OSAAT and we hope to see you again soon. Look out for a special charity challenge on the 12th September.
Luv Brenda

Anita said...

Amazing cards! Thanks for joining us at Delightful challenges.

LindaC said...

I like the shine on the pumpkin. Nice card! Thanks for joining in the fun at YNS. Linda-DT

Papertrails by a paper lover said...

Lots of wonderful cards! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations!

Cor* said...

So many wonderful creations. They are favulous. I'll stick to the one for our challenge....the bear on the moon is great. Lovely flourishes. Thanks for joining in our Glitter & Sparkle spotlight at Crafty Cardmakers.

stampinfrog said...

Beautiful,Beautiful,Beautiful cards and enjoy your time with your sister Sally!
Hugs,Connie

Cathy said...

Oh Sally, love the cards you have done. The butterfly card is gorgeous. And the reindeer, I have that same stamp, I will have to get it on my blog for you to see. If I can remember right, my card is black and white with Red...I did the card for my Christmas in July Workshop. I will have to keep checking on your blog, it has been a while since I checked it out.
Have a great time with your sister.

Crystal said...

Fantastic creations, WOW a ton of eye candy in this post...WONDERFUL work...Thanks so much for joining us at YNS!!

Sarpreet said...

hi there, your card is gorgeous. beautiful image.

kelli said...

that halloween card is adorable!! Love your embossed pumpkin! Thanks for joining us for my gdt week at MAWTT :)

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hi Sally, WOW I love the cards you have made they are all super. Thanks for sharing and joining in with us on MAWTT this week HAzelxoxo

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hi Sally, WOW I love the cards you have made they are all super. Thanks for sharing and joining in with us on MAWTT this week HAzelxoxo

Ruth (Sabriel) said...

Wow! Sally you have made some gorgeous cards! I love how you put them all together. Your coloring is fantastic and I love the flowers!!

*hugs*

Lisa said...

Great halloween card , thanks for joining us at Delightful challenges this week

mforquer said...

HOly Cow!!! What a beautiful bear card on that little moon! The sparkle and coloring are just amazing! Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Creations - I really look foward to seeing more of your cards!
Melissa

Josephine said...

Lovely cards, and so varied!

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week. Check back on Saturday for a new game with a prize to be won!

ona_i_ja said...

Your Cards is amazing.
Great Job!!!

Thank you for playing with us at One Stitch At The Time this week. Good Luck!

Hugs,
Agnieszka

Love crafts forever said...

Just gorgeous, love the embossing, and images are so cute. Thanks for playing with us at OSAAT.
Hugs, Nataliya.

Sharon said...

A lovely selections of cards. The teddy on the moon is perfect for our colour challenge at Crafty Creations.
Thanks for joining us this week. Enjoy your time with your sister.
Sharon x

Carla aka scrappypug said...

wow! What a fantastic collection you have here! So lovely each one! I love those bridal flowers from Michaels too! Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly!

Cindy said...

OMGosh, that butterfly is gorgeous, but the moon with the sleepy baby bear just gets me! It just can't get any more adorable than that!!! Hugs, Cindy

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi Sally, beautiful cards,such lovely colours!

Thanks for joining in our challenge this week over at MAWTT hugs Heidi xx

Leonie said...

All your cards are just gorgeous! I love your one for our pink challenge. That image is just way too cute!! Thanks for joining us this week at SSC.
Hugs Leonie

Chocolate Orange said...

Fantastic creations !

Thankyou for sharing it with us at OSAAT this week. Good Luck !

Choccy x

jdmommy said...

Thanks for playing the Belli Challenge! Of course my favorite is the baby card with all the sparkle!

Adria (I now have 3 Copics!) Slauterbeck said...

All four of these cards are simply beautiful!
your submission for our PINK challenge at SSC is adroable! I love all that sparkle and the image is the cutest :)
thank you for inspiring us all (and especially the team at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge) with your pretty pink paper craft!

Jane said...

Wow! You have been busy and made some stunning creations!!! Thanks for joining our Sparkly challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers XX

Paddington fan said...

Love all your cards but especially the bagolope. Thanks for joining us at O.S.A.A.T this week, love Jacky x

Rita said...

Wow you were busy! These are all so beautiful! Have a great time enjoying your sister's visit...take some pictures!

Jennifer said...

Ahh...so lovely! Thanks for joining us at F'n'F xx Jenny xx

Carolyn said...

What a lovely card. I love your image, it is colored so beautifully. This is perfect for our Pretty In Pink Challenge at SSC.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

bernietom47 said...

They are all lovely, but I do like the butterfly one especially. Love those colors. That image of the teddy on the moon is so cute.
Blessings Bernie

NGCARDS said...

Lovely card hun, Thanks for joining in this week at Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge Blog! xxx

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for playing at Paper Play this week. :)

Heather Maria said...

Wonderful creations, Sally! Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week!

angel4031 said...

WOW lots of gorgeous work - thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations x x x

Deirdre said...

Stunning, stunning, stunning. Love them all.

Thanks so much for joining us on Paperplay this week. ♥

Lisa Jane said...

Fab pumpkin and Dp's - thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
Lisa ;)

stephanne said...

Wowie, that is a lot of great stuff loaded into one post!! Your boxalope is gorgeous, great work with the colours!! Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week!!
stephanne

Kati said...

It´s a wonderful card and i like the flowers!

Thanks for joining us at ISB-Challenge and good luck,

hugs, Kati

Marina said...

Wow! So many fantastic projects!
Your bagalope is gorgeous, I love the colours and the papers.

Thanks for joining us at our ISB-Challenge,

hugs,
Marina

Chrissy D said...

Gorgeous projects - Thanks for playing in the Belli Challenge with us!