Monday, September 20, 2010

Crafting Monday

While I was waiting to for time to go see the acupuncturist today, I finished up a couple cards that I had started ages ago. Since I have been pulling out my "saved stash" to use, it is amazing what I am finding stuck away in bins and files, things  I started and never finished, so I am trying to finish off some of them.  It has been interesting to see where my thoughts were and where they take me now.  LOL

I don't know when I started this card, but found it with only the brown backing paper on the image.  With talking to Miss V last week she told me for her birthday she wanted bright cards because she is tired of having turkey type cards for her birthday.  That discussion came because she was born on Thanksgiving Day.  Anyway I dub the whole month of November as her birthday month.  Each week she gets a card with a little some thing in it and then on her birthday she gets her big card and gift.  ....Do you think this will pass her bright criteria?  Way too bright for my taste...LOL
I am entering it in the following challenges:
Pile It On Challenge  red, yellow, green and brown



Next up I found this little oriental image that I had tried my hand at paper piecing.  For some reason I can't seem to get the hang of that technique.  It always looks so pretty when it's on someone elses card but on mine it looks yucky!  Anyway I decided to finish it and I am still not sure I like it.   My jury is still out.

I am entering it in the following challenges:
Crafty Card Makers  Around The World
Mojo Monday  Sketch
Opus-Gluei  ease (l) into Fall


 

17 comments:

stampinfrog said...

Love your new blog header and your cards are fantastic!And yes Miss V will love her bday card!
Hugs,Connie

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

These cards are just darling! Love that paper pieced umbrella. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

Cor* said...

Oh sweet. I see nothing wrong with your piecing! Looks wonderful. Thanks for travelling Around The World with us for this challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.

Rica said...

Both fabulous card, great colouring of the Hoppy's Balloon ride and stunning colours and papers - yes I think it's bright enough LOL.
Glad you could join in the House Mouse & Friends challenge and hop.
hugs Heather xx

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous cards Sally :-) I am sure Miss V will love this :-) very cute image and I love how you coloured the balloons ,, making them translucent ! the oriental card is fantastic too ,, love the paper pieced brolly and the papers and colours you used are perfect :-)

thanks for joining us on the HM&F Moday Anniversary hop :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Kim. said...

Love both your card and I am sure Miss V will adore hers.
Kim xXx

Jana said...

Your cards are really great. I love that little mouse. And, NO, it isn't too colorful. As for your paper piecing, it's pretty good. I really like it. Thanks so much for playing with us at OPUS GLUEI.

Rosemary said...

I think the idea of a birthday month with a little celebration each week sounds MARVELOUS - and yes, I think Miss V will enjoy the card. It's happy, colorful and fun!

Your Asian inspired easel card is great as well; I think your paper piecing looks perfect. I like the subtle gold touches you have added that make the card elegant.

Thank you for participating with us at Opus Gluei!

Janis said...

Beautiful cards (and beautiful music too). Thank you so much for playing in paper with us this week at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

PresentStorm said...

What a super cute birthday card! I love how you colored the balloons so you can see them behind the others

DORCAS said...

These are beautiful! Love the little mousy! Thanks for sharing!
~Dorcas
http://4craftyangels.blogspot.com/

Stephanie Kraft said...

These are both darling, Sally!

Electra said...

Both of your cards are delightful! I love the smarties!

Rita said...

I think Miss V will love her card Sally. I luv what you did with the 6, it's so kool looking!

Great looking easel card, your paper piecing looks great to me...awesome job kiddo!

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh I know Miss V will love this HH card! Such bright and fun colors. Who wouldn't love to be the birthday queen for a whole month LOL! Thanks for sharing your wonderful creation at HM&F's Monday Challenge!

Ruth (Sabriel) said...

I love both of your cards! Miss V will love her birthday card(s)! WHat a great idea giving her a card a week during Nov.

Your paper piecing is beautiful! I see nothing wrong with it at all.

*hugs*

Lisa said...

Adorable card! Thanks for joining the HM&F Celebration Blog hop and Challenge!