Saturday, September 18, 2010

Cards...From Elegant To Spooky

Happy Saturday!  We are experiencing some fabulous weather here in Northern Ohio.  Believe me we are taking advantage of these gorgeous days because they will soon come to a close.  Thursday hubby and I went to the apple orchard to get some fresh....really fresh apples...not those supermarket ones that says they are fresh.  The air was crisp and the apples  from the tree were fresh and crisp too.  The leaves are beginning to turn color and it made me realize that autumn is here, which is the reason several of my cards have an autumn feel. 

The first card I made is very elegant.  I just love white on white with a splash of color.  I stamped the music image as my background and embossed it with pearl embossing powder, then stamped my sentiment with crimson (I saw leaves turning crimson), then embossed it with pearl embossing powder to make it more subtle.  The sentiment is from Our Daily Bread.  (Light of the World collection)
It fits the challenge for
Our Daily Bread   which is to use and all white card with a splash of color
Paper Pretties   Pearls, rhinestones or glitter dots


For my next card I used a digi image from Elizabeth O. Dulemba.. Just too cute to not use on something.
I colored it with my copic markers.  Using  BV02, BV08, C1, E25, YG23, Y08.. Those spooky erie colors were achieved without any blacks or oranges... LOL
It fits the following challenges:

Paper Cutz    Halloween...no black or orange... Honest there is no black or orange in my colors. 
Delightful Sketches   Pumpkins somewhere in your card
Stamp Challenges   Use a digi image
Copic Creations  shading in or around your image.  I shaded in both areas
The Secret Crafter  Anything Goes

29 comments:

Sarpreet said...

hi there, this is gorgeous,I have also dropped by to say that this will be my final visit to your blog for at least a few months, I am going abroad to get married, and coming back to moving house, settling down before I can come back online. I appreciate your kind comments and your visits to my blog, I will try to update it from time to time, but I can not promise. I will miss blogland, take care and catch up soon, from me - wondering if anyone will miss me in blogland...

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Sally, I love that all white card...so beautiful!! Thanks for takign the time to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Riet said...

What a gorgeous cards Sally.

Hugs Riet.x

Vixx handmade cards said...

Sally your cards are just sooo gorgeous and the white on white card is stunning!
Take care Vicky xx

Jeri said...

Perfect Halloween card for the PCC challenge. Thanks for joining the fun. May I also say your all white card is simply stunning.

Samantha said...

I love the image you used for your fab halloween card. Thanks for playing along at PCC.
Hugs
Sam xx

Rachel said...

Gorgeous cards!! I sooo love the little ghost with pumpkins image. too cute! thanks for joining us this week at Delightful Challenges.
hugs,
Rachel

Rose said...

Fun image. Nicely done.

mforquer said...

Love this halloween card!! Great job on the no orange and black at Paper Cutz! The ghosts are just too cute! Thanks for playing along!
Melissa

Farida Rone said...

Wonderful card!!! Great colour combo without black and orange. Perfect for our challenge this week. thanks for joining us at Paper Cutz challenges and good luck!!!
Hugs,
Farida

Mel X said...

Two gorgeous cards. Love the elegance of the first and the detailing on the second is brill - particularly like the ghosts - compliments the main image beautifully.

Thanks for joining us this week at the Secret Crafter and good luck.

Mel X

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Sally
A gorgeous card,thankyou for joining us at Delightful Challenges,
hugs Dianne xx

Anita said...

Beautiful cards! Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.

Karen said...

Brilliant Sally, thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.
xx

Lisa said...

Super-cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Cutz!!

Lisa said...

Super-cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Cutz!!

iluvmybugs said...

Great card for this week's challenge Sally! Thanks for joining us at PCC.

Terry

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Both cards are beautiful but your first card is so exquisite and stunning. Love all the layers, verse, and the pearls. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week.

Vicky said...

Beautiful first card, love the white, clean and crisp, gorgeous. And the seconds so cute, I love halloween...
Thanks for joining our special launch challenge at SCSC, and good luck with the draw
x
Vicky

Patti B said...

This is a wonderful card I love the ghost. Great color combo. Thanks for joining us for the PCC this week.

Neeti said...

Both of your crads are wonderful. And great card for Halloween withot using any black and orange :) The ghosts are very cute. Thanks for joining us at Paper Cutz this week.
Hugs, Neeti

Sharon Caudle said...

What an adorable card! Thanks so much for joining us at Delightful Challenges!
hugs, Sharon

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous cards Sally :-) the first one is gorgeous and the halloween one is just soo cute :-) I love this image and the spooky ghosts :-)

thanks for joining us on the Stamp Something Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Diane said...

Love your cards. Both are great and thanks for joining in the challenge at Paper Cutz.

TracieB xx said...

Wow, Fantabulous card.

Thank you for joining us over at SCS Challenge

TracieB xx
SCSC DT Member

Kelley said...

So pretty, Sal! Such pretty pearls!

Jodi said...

Both cards are great, love the color combos! Thanks for joining us at Copic Creations!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Chrissy D said...

Sally - I love the elegance of this beautiful white card!!! Thank you for joining us in the ODBD Shining Light Challenge! Have a blessed week!

Ruth (Sabriel) said...

Wow! I love those cards! Great job on them!
I dont usually make Halloween cards, but I am sooo tempted this year! :)

*hugs*