Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What A Combination...Flowers, Anniversary & Christmas

I couldn't sleep last night so I spent some time crafting.  I don't know what possessed me to start Christmas Cards, but I found these little snowmen in my swap box and thought I would use them .  I have no idea who sent them to me.  I colored them with copic markers added stickles star dust glitter to the star, pom poms on the hats, the stars and outlined the heart too!  The paper has sparkles in the centers of each of the diamonds.  The paper is by Pressed Petals.  I have never heard of the company but the paper was pretty and very, very inexpensive.  I got 16  8 x 8 sheets for 1.99 at Archivers.  What a steal.  My first splurge in months.  LOL I cut them to fit some thick chip board squares ,adhered them and added them to the center of my card.  I didn't want to add other embellishments because I wanted them to pop on their own, so ended up with very clean and simple lines. 

It fits the following challenges:
Creative Card Crew  Sparkle n shine
My Time To Craft  Glitter and Glitz



The next card I made for my kids anniversary that will soon be upcoming.  I fell in love with this image and a dear friend stamped it up for me.  Thanks hun... also thanks for the flower shares too!  They are beautiful.  I know my kids are going to love it, especially my DIL...  Image ..Magnolia, colored with copic markers.  EK success leaf punch, swirls from sizzix die, background cardstock embossed using cuddlebug embossing folders and one for stampin up.  All other little doo dads are from my stash box. 
This fits the following challenges:
Magnolia Down Under  It Takes Two -- Both Edwin and Tilda
Fab n Funky Challenge   flower power. 




This was my fun card.  Love the bold colors.  Not my normal style, but I am trying to use bold colors more often lately.  I love them, but I am still afraid of them. 
This was colored with my copic markers,  Can you believe that I found the perfect ribbon that was hiding my my stash box?  I had no idea I had it... added the little heart charm and found I had the perfect friend card. 
It fits the following challenges
http://blog.icopic.com/  Color Theme  red, yellow, blue
YNS Challenge  bold, bright and summery colors

16 comments:

Darla said...

What a pretty card. So fresh and spring like looking.

stampinfrog said...

Sally congrats on getting your first christmas card made!I love the snowmen images and the papers are so pretty!
The anniversary card for your son and DIL is gorgeous!Love the color combo,the embossing panels and the flowers arrangement!They will love it!
I love the bright colors on the friends card and how lucky to have found the right color of ribbon in your stash!Beautiful card!
Your coloring with the copics on three cards is exquisite!I hope you are getting a better nights sleep than last night!
Hugs,Connie

Ann said...

Love your card; it's so cheerful!

Chantelle said...

Your Tilda and Edwin card is beautiful - love the flowers and the embossing. Thanks for playing along at MDUC.

Karen said...

WOW All your cards are fabby, I love your embossing and yourcolouring of Tilda and Edwin!! Thanks so much for sharing your cards with us this week at MDUC
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Ellen said...

Woww tilda and Edwin have a great time together they look so lovely !!
Beautiful colours and I love the flowers, wonderful card !!
Thanks for joining us at MDUC this week.
Hugs Ellen

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Sally,I love the images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Rene said...

What beautiful results from insomnia! Your cards are just lovely!

Rene

Shelli Deckard said...

I especially like the yellow card in your post! Bright and cheery!

Ruth (Sabriel) said...

Sally your cards are all gorgeous!
Tilda and Edwin look so happy! :)

Great job!
*hugs*

Debbie Pamment said...

WOW - all of these are just gorgeous. I love your use of colours, layouts and images - stunning cards!
Thanx for joining us at MDUC
xXx

Sam said...

Hi Sally, just LOVE those snowmen - soo cute, I'll have to hunt that sheet down ;)

Thx for your comments on mine - we really need to catch up more often.

Sam
x

Emma H said...

Your anniversary card is beautiful - lovely colours and a precious image! Thanks for playing along with Fab N funky

andrea said...

gorgeous card,love the imagre and detail thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky
andrea

Chrissy D said...

Sally, the first two are SOOO Delightful and CUTE! Love them! Your third card is pretty. Crisp and clean! TFS!

Melly said...

Oh stunning creations! all are so fab!
Love all the sparkle on the xmas card
thanks for playing along with the Creative Card Crew
Hugs Melly xxx