Thursday, August 12, 2010

T-Slide, Z-Fold & Matchbook Folded Cards

Today has been a fabulous day as far as crafting goes.  I have been able to make a few things and have throughly enjoyed myself.  I didn't have Miss V  and hubby hasn't been home either.  That so seldom happens in this household and I have taken full advantage of it.  I should be cleaning. 
Everything I used in the way of Designer Papers and embellishments are things that are sooooo old I have no idea who they are by.  Maybe not being able to buy new craft supplies right now is a good thing.  It is making me use things that I have been stroking and saving for... who knows what!  LOL

First up today is an image by House Mouse... love those little critters....can't seem to get enough of them and thank you dear friend for stamping them up and swapping with me... You know who you are.  You will never know how much I appreciate your kindness. 

I found these papers in my stash that  appealed to me today.  You can't see the true colors but they are  old olive with a lighter olive dot.   I have pared them with burgundy ribbon, it turned out well.  I am not sure why the colors appealed to me today.  They are not my normal color scheme.  Image was colored with copic markers and added stickles to the wings of the dragon fly.  "Hang in there" sentiment is handwritten...something else I don't do very often.. Inside sentiment is by Inkadinkado
This fits the following challeges:

House Mouse  Vintage
Crafty Creations Challenge/  Winged things and a Z-Fold
Delightful Sketches  Animals or insects and dots and stripes..Instructions for the Z-fold card can be found on this blog



This Match Book card is a first for me.  I had so much fun making it.  All the paper used on this is from my scrapbox.  Border punch is Martha Stewart.  Image...Magnolia... notice I used a smaller fairy to cover the frog she is orginally holding.  Used shimmer paints from SU on her wings.  
This fits the following challenges:

Double Dutch Challenge  Have You Got A Light?  Instructions to make this card can be found on this blog
Fab n Funky Challenges  Use your favorite colors... Mine are pink & Green
Lil Red Wagon  Summer theme... the colors I have used remind me of summer
Opus-Gluei  Dog Days of Summer--Whatever reminds you of summer... These colors  remind me of summer




Another first for me is a T-Slide Pop-UP Card.  Love the card, but as usual I did mine backwards, however it is ok by me to have it open on the opposite side than the instructions say.  LOL... I do everything backwards, even look at magazines from back to front.  LOL ???

Again papers are very old... I found them in my box rather dog-eared, one of them is 7 gypsies.  Not good for scrapbooking anymore but great for making cards.  Image is Imaginisce, inside sentiment--Stampendous, ink for image is Martha Stewart...something red (name is worn off)...

This fit the following challenges:

C Inspirations  Pop Up Card (the instructions for this T-slide card can be found on this blog)
Stamping Vacation  No Brads or eyelets.





Since I was having a love affair with this paper today, I thought I might as well finish using what I had left so I made a note pad holder using the rest.  Ribbon is from my stash along with the gems and metal findings that I have glued around the gems.  Leaves are punched from punch bunch punch, scored with a embossing tool and then inked to give dimension.  Flowers are Michaels bridal table confetti that I have pinched at the tips.  Wish you could see this color combo IRL... I love it.  Who knows it might become my next favorite color scheme...
This fits the following challenges:
Cute Card Thursday   Trees or Leaves
Paper Sundaes  metal  (the findings around the gems in the middle of the flowers)  challenged ended before I got this posted...


36 comments:

Pinkllilac said...

Wow Sally these are stunning, I know what you mean about saving papers I even sniff them lol. Beautiful designs and colours, off to check out the link for the z card now it fab. Keep well and so glad you had a really good day :-)

Hugs Linda

Cindy said...

Oh my gosh - the House Mouse card is sooooo cute! My DD would love it (she likes rodents, LOL).

The second card is adorable, as well, but I really like the slide pop-up card. An interactive card is just what I need to send to my cousin's little daughter, who is going thru chemo in preparation for a bone marrow transplant. Thanks for the link to the instructions!

And lastly, I love the way you crimped the petals up on the flowers on the notepad for the 3D effect!

Glad to see you creating!!!

Hugs,
Cindy

Anita said...

Stunning card! Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.

Karen said...

All these cards are lovely Sally, thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.
xx

Papertrails by a paper lover said...

Vey cool cards! I like how you showcased the different folds!

Joanne said...

Beautiful cards! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon:)
Joanne xo

Sharon said...

Lovely cards & all so different. The House Mouse image is so cute.
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations.
Sharon x

stampinfrog said...

Sally all of your projects are gorgeous! I am so glad you had the day to yourself so you could do some crafting!The best therapy around in my opinion!
Hugs,Connie

Emma H said...

Very pretty, thanks for playing along with Fan N Funky

Cec said...

Absolutely fabulous cards and so many fun folds. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.
Hugs!
Cec

Sue said...

Sally, sweet image and colored up beautifully. Great color combo too. Love the fold of your card and the papers you chose. Thanks for joining us this challenge at House Mouse and Friends. We would love for you to continue to play along with our challenges. Nicely done.

Take Care
Sue Drees

Chat Noir said...

Great cards, every one. Who cares which way something opens?? One person's forwards is another person's backwards!! Isn't it great to have a day to spend up to your elbows in paper? and how satisfying to make room for new pieces. Wel, that's my excuse anyway.

NGCARDS said...

Brilliant work! Thank you for joining in this week at Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge Blog! xxx

Sue said...

Hi Sally
wow you have had a good day, beautiful selection of cards, luv all the differant designs,thank you for joining us at House Mouse & Friends this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

Paul said...

These are TREE-rrific projects. All so different. I'm enjoying having a look at all these great tree inspired cards - loads of wonderful ideas. Thanks for drawing my attention to your blog and letting me visit.
TFS
Paul

craftyb said...

What a fabulous selection of cards...love the different folds! Good for you delving into that "precious" stash and using it up! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Creations! bx

Christine said...

Gorgeous creation love your image & colours great take on the chall...thanks for sharing & joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday chall.

smiles Christine xx

Rachel said...

WOW, so many gorgeous cards and fabulous folds!! thanks for joining us this week at Delightful Challenges.
hugs,
Rachel :0)

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Sally
A gorgeous card,thankyou for joining us at Delightful Challenges,
Hugs Dianne xx

Jana said...

Extraordinary cards. Each one by themselves is amazing, but all together is ... WOW. Love those little mice. And your SUMMER card is adorable. Very creative on the last card too. Thanks so much for playing with us at OPUS GLUEI.

jennruggeri75 said...

Oh my! You sure were busy!! I just love all of your beautiful creations. Thanks for playing with us at Crafty Creations!! Hope to see you next week, too!

Sue from Oregon said...

Wow! You have been a busy stamper. Enjoyed browsing all of your cards as well as the fun creation you shared with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday challenge!

bernietom47 said...

Nothing like peace and quiet in the craft room. You have been very creative. Your talent is amazing. Love each project!
Hugs & Blessings Bernie

Eiglas said...

Lovely card Hunni!
Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers this week!
Hugs,
Eiglas
x

Lisa said...

Beautiful projects! Thanks for joining us at HM&F Challenge!

Rosemary said...

WOW! Haven't YOU been busy! My gosh, these are great projects. I love what your interpetation was for our Opus Gluei challenge, she's beautiful and yes, I love these cool soft but still just vibrant enough colors for summer!

Thank you for participating with us at Opus Gluei!

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous cards :-) all of them are gorgeous !! :-)

thanks for joining us on the HM&F Monday Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Nina S. B. Macaulay said...

Wow you had a productive day!!
What beautiful cards! I love the first one best, great subtle olive colours, and such a cute motiv!
Good luck in your challenges.

Hugs Nina

Kim. said...

Wow Sally oyu have been, some gorgeous cards and some great new fold that I will have to try out.
Kim xXx

Melly said...

OMG, you've been really busy!
Love all your wee creations!
Thanks for joining this week over on Crafty Cardmakers!
Hugs Melly xxx

debby4000 said...

Wonderful cards Sally.
luv
Debby

Denise Clark said...

You've been busy! And these are not those really quick kind of cards! I'm impressed.

Love the Z fold with the little mice holding on to the dragonfly. Might not be your usual color combo, but I'm loving it! Very nice!

I have yet to try the matchbook style but you've inspired me. Love your zig zag edge. Really adds to the card. The angel image is just precious!

The slider card is just terrific. Love the pop up action! Love that you used a really classy style of card and put it with a fun pop up! Nice mix!

Your notebook is just too cute! Love those flowers!

Thanks so much for playing along with the challenges at Stamping Vacation! You have an entry in the Sept 1st drawing for a $25.00 gift certificate to 7 Kids College Fund!

Aunty Sue said...

Fab cards and thanks for joining creative inspirations

Karen McAlpine said...

What a treat! So many pretty cards in one post!! Thanks for joining in on the Stamping Vacation challenge.

Vanja said...

These are gorgeous!
Thank you for joining us at CCT this week! :)

Hugs, Vanja

Dana said...

These are amazing! So creative!!