Friday, August 27, 2010

It's A Smorgasboard Of Cards

I have been busy, busy, busy and I love it... Summer is fast coming to a close.  I have been doing some school clothes and school supply shopping for Miss V.  She told me she now had all the "bestest" clothes in the world, and she feels like a princess... Well to me she is a princess.  Doesn't that sound just like the doting grandmother?  And I'm proud to admit that I am...

Anyway to get on to my cards that I have done for a few challenges this week.

I found this Rudolph stamp that I had never opened.  It is by Westrim.  I stamped it on Navy Blue cardstock then embossed it with white star embossing powder.  You can't see it here but it has a holographic sheen to it.  Love how it looks IRL.. Used the cuttlebug embossing folder swiss dots... you can't go wrong with this folder.  Added ribbon and brads from my stash.  Sentiment stamp is by  Studio G.. A dollar find at Michaels...
This fits the following challenge:
One Stitch At A Time  Say it with shapes  I used an oval
Stamptacular  Two is Better Than One... use two stamps.. I used the reindeer and sentiment stamp
Paper Cutz Challenge  use metal.  I used two navy blue brads

This card was very difficult for me to make for some reason.  I am not sure I like the papers I have chosen, but love the image.   The papers are from my scrapbox. 
This fits the challenge for
Magnolia Down Under   orange, pink, green, brown, blue plus a magnolia stamp



I have never made a slider card before because I thought it was too difficult, however after making this one, I can promise you that I will make them again and again.  I am sure my Miss V will love the interactive cards and I am now thinking of one for Halloween.  This is just too cute.  All the papers were from my scrapbox. (I have been trying to use my scraps and it seems that my supply is NOT getting any smaller) Colored the image with copic markers and added stardust stickles to the candy cane...
Have entered this in the following challenges:
Scrappy Frogs Challenge  Slider card  ... Tutorial can be found  on this blog
Christmas Blog Challenge  What Do You Want For Christmas... Miss V said another doll.  (Not that she doesn't have a zillion of them already)


I love this image.  It has been colored with my copic markers and again used papers from my scrapbox.  Loving these clean and simple cards lately..
Alphabet Challenge  R is for Roses



While I was making scrapbook pages for Miss V's first day of school I made a couple more just in case I take too many picutres.. Here is another one that I have made to go along with the one I posted earlier .  Papers are DCWV and embellies are from????my stash
Stamp Challenges   Back To School
Last but not least.  This was such a fun project.  I have been working off and on all summer to make Kudo gifts for my sister to give to her teachers throughout the year to show her appreciation for their work.  This is one of the things that I came up with.  When it is finished it will be wrapped in clear cellophene with a bow to keep the goodies in it.   Who wouldn't love to have a basketful of sweet treats when your all stressed out?  The template for this can be found here  Hearts Delight Cards

Challenges:
Stampin For The Weekend   Anything Goes
Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge  Orange, blue, brown
Cute Card Sunday   No Cards

And that concludes my cards and creations for today.  LOL
Thanks for taking a look and leaving me much appreciated messages. 

35 comments:

Karen said...

OMGOSH your card is so bright and cheerful!! I love your papers and that punched Trim. Thanks so much for sharing your lovely card with us this week at MDUC
Hugs
Karen
xxxx

Debbie Pamment said...

WOW - you weren't wrong about your smorgasboard of creations! They are all GORGEOUS!!! LOVE the paisley paper you chose to use with Tilda - soo perfect for the challenge.
Thanx soo much for joining us at MDUC this week
xXx

stampinfrog said...

Sally you have really been busy!They are gorgeous!
Have a great and safe weekend!
Hugs,Connie

Annette said...

You've been a busy crafter - such lovely creations, all! Thanks for sharing with us at SSC.

Danielle said...

Your WOJ slider card is just gorgeous Sally! Beautiful colouring and I love the fabulous paper and ribbon! Thanks for joining in with our Winter Wonderland challenge this week!
Hugs, Danielle

Love crafts forever said...

OMG! Your work are amazing. Thanks for playing with us at OSAAT. Hugs, Nataliya.

Dawn said...

Wow, what an assortment of projects. Lovely work & thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Sally
Gorgeous projects and i love your basket,thankyou for joining us on his week's challenge at CraftyCatz,
Hugs Dianne xx

Riet said...

So beautiful creations Sally.

Hugs Riet.xx

downrightcrafty said...

fabulous cards.. Love the candy cane paper matching the candy cane ribbon and the candy cane on the image and a doll is another great want for Christmas. Thanks for playing along with us this week for my challenge at Winter Wonderland
Hugs Kate xx

ona_i_ja said...

Your projects is very stunning. I love it!!!

Thanks for playing with us at One Stitch At a Time this week.

Hugs
Agnieszka

Dori said...

You have certainly been a busy bee in the crafting room! These are all gorgeous. The slider card is my favorite!

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Wow you have been busy, they are all gorgeous
Thanks for joining us this week at OSAAT
hugs shell xx

Josephine said...

So many lovely projects! I love the stamped reindeer one - especially the way the dots carry on to the navy card. It looks fabulous.

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week.

Cindy said...

Sally, your basket turned out GREAT! I think the candy cane slider card is the best, and your coloring on the roses is amazing! I can almost smell them!!! Hugs, Cindy

Bev said...

Lovely projects. Thanks for joining the Alphabet Challenge x

Chocolate Orange said...

I love all your creations.

Thankyou for sharing with us at OSAAT this week.

Choccy x

Stephanie said...

Wow! You sure have been busy. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT.

Paula said...

What beautiful cards! Love the embossing! I'm so glad you could join our Two's Better Than One challenge at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge.
Pleasantly,
Paula

MauMau88 said...

Wonderful cards!
Inken
Alphabet Challenge

Sarpreet said...

Such a gorgeous card - great image and beautiful papers.

Diamond Doll said...

A fabulous set of cards and a gorgeous basket.
Thanx for joining us at Crafty Catz this week.
(hugs)
Trish (-:

Stephanie said...

Wow, you have been very, very busy!! Gorgeous creations and thanks for joining us this time at Scrappy Frogs!

Nikki said...

Beautiful Creations Sally My Fave is that candy cane one it's so perfect for Christmas and you've been a busy girl
hugs Nikki

Kristie said...

Wonderful cards!

The Rudolph card is beautiful. Thanks for playing along with Paper Cutz!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards sally :-) all of them are beautiful ,, I love the reindeer card ,,, absolutely stunning :-)

thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Mummylade said...

this is just wonderful! Thank you for joining the SFTW challenge and good luck.

HappyExpressions said...

very pretty card!

Erin... said...

Busy, busy, busy!!! Love the layout so fun and cheery! Thanks for getting ready for school with us at Stamp Something!

Suzanne said...

WOW! You've been busy. Great work. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

Samantha said...

WOW!!! great job! Great cards, love the reindeer card! so cute,fab colour too! thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

bernietom47 said...

Great cards, love the roses especially. Love the colors you used.
Blessings Bernie

Lacey Stephens said...

This is super cute!! What a great design! Thanks for playing along with the ABC Christmas Challenge!! We will have another new one on wednesday!
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com
ABC Christmas Challenge DT

Squirrel x said...

Sorry I'm so late commenting - pc problems, grrrr. Super card, and thanks for playing ABC CC with us. Squirrel xx

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

These are all so pretty and fun! You really should consider entering some of your pretty projects over at Papercraft Star. It's a unique challenge blog that allow participants and the public to vote on their favorites, the challenges are posted way in advance to give you plenty of time to get your projects ready and you can win prizes too! http://www.papercraftstar.blogpsot.com