Wednesday, August 18, 2010

It's an Envelope..It's A Bag...No, It's a Bagalope!

 I found this fabulous tutorial over at Nikki's Blog and just had to try it.  I didn't have a beautiful white recycled envelope like she had in her example, so I dug out the yucky orangeishy one  to make mine.  I have tried and tried to make one of these in the past but have never been able to get it just right.  With Nikki's instructions I had NO problems at all.  Thanks Nikki for such a great tutorial.  I am a visual person so the pictures really helped me...bigtime.  Anywho... this is my rendition of her bagalope and even with the yucky color envelope....I love it....This is going to be one of my favorite things to make when I need to give a small gift.  
The papers are very old.. I thnk they were made by a company that has now gone out of business... Oh where is my memeory when I need it the most???  Flowers are all from my stash and were sprayed with glimmer mists.to give them some sparkle and shine.  The stamp I used for the sides of the bag is an oooooollllllddddd Hero Arts stamp.. from 2000 or 2001 (I think).  I used distress ink---brushed corduroy and swirls die from sizzix.

It fits the challenge for:
Lil Red Wagon  Altered item... I think this is pretty altered..

10 comments:

Craftyanny said...

oh I do like this Sally, am off to check out the link:) It's fabulous!!
Anne x

GreenScrap said...

That is a cool and beautiful idea. Love it!!

Nikki Schmaltz said...

Thanks Sally for sharing! This is GORGEOUS! I LOVE IT! I'm sorry I've been so busy that I haven't been blog hopping in awhile. I would have seen it eventually. Yours is better than mine by far. Thanks for sharing my blog too. You're the BEST:D

Cindy said...

This is a great gift idea...I LOVE it!

bernietom47 said...

Oh My Gosh I haven't been by for a few days and look at all the lovely things you've created. Love them all. This is a great idea for a small gift. Thanks for the link. LOVE your butterfly card as well.
Hugs & Blessings Bernie

stampinfrog said...

The bagalope is perfect Sally!Loving the flowers and thanks for the link! I believe I need to make these for the grandkids for Halloween!
Hugs,Connie

Cheryl said...

oh wow hun this is really beautiful what wonderful papers,you have used,so beautifully detailed too,hugs cheryl xxxxxxxxx

Riet said...

Wowwww Sally,This is so beautiful.

Hugs Riet.xx

Ruth (Sabriel) said...

What an awesome idea! Your bagalope looks great!!

*hugs*

Leanne said...

This is absolutely fabulous hun!!
Leanne xx