Sunday, August 22, 2010

Emergency Sewing Kit

Have you ever had one of those days that you needed a safety pin, needle and thread and buttons?  I think we have all been there.  I made this "Emergency Sewing Kit" out of an old body powder container.  It was just the perfect size to use and to fit into a desk drawer.
All the things I have used are so old that I really don't know where I got them.  I think the flowers are from Wild Orchid, but then they might be Prima's???  Anyway I sprayed them with glimmer mists so they would match my paper, which is K and Co.  The doily is from my stash.  Punch used is EK success and Ms branch. Embillishments are straight pens that I added metal beads to and colored them with copic markers.  I then cut a silver metal circle in half to add to the floral arrangement.  I had purchased some mini spools of thread, scissors, seam ripper, buttons, tape measure, safety pins and needle threader at the local dollar store about 6 months ago, with no reason in mind to use them.  I love the results.  I hope the person I made this for can use it. 
It fits the criteria for the following challenges:
Belli Challenge  round and metal
Lil Red Wagon  make an altered item
Paper Cutz Challenge   Anything Goes Challenge 55
I Did It Creations   Anything But...a card
One Stop Crafting  Not a Card
Opus Gluei   Move it Out...use what's in your craftroom




15 comments:

Lynne in NI said...

Wow, Sally, this is so pretty!

jdmommy said...

What a lovely project! sally, this sewing kit is a fabulous idea, and beautiful as well!! Great job. thanks for playing the Belli Challenge!!

stampinfrog said...

Sally your sewing kit box is gorgeous!Love the papers and your flower arrangement on top is gorgeous!
Hope you have had a great weekend and hope you have a even better week!
Hugs,Connie

Leanne said...

Sally this is absolutely gorgeous!!! Those flowers are tie die for!!

Great idea too - may have to nick that idea for my craft room!!

Hope you are keeping well.

Leanne xx

Cheryl said...

oh wow whoever gets,this is one lucky person,as its just totally stunning,hugs cheryl xxxx

Cindy said...

What a GREAT gift idea! Oh man, you've really set the wheels in my head to turning! TFS!!! Hugs, Cindy

Jeanette said...

Wonderful idea. You did a beautiful job on the lovely sewing kit. Love the vintage look. Thanks for joining us at I Did It Creations.

Ruth (Sabriel) said...

WOW, that is so pretty!! You did a super job on it Sally!

Riet said...

This is so beautiful,I love the papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Rosemary said...

Beautiful AND practical? Wow, now that's not easy to accomplish! This is so pretty, I couldn't put it in a drawer, it would be out and decorating something. Love the colors, the romantic feel and the flower! Pretty pretty pretty!!!

Thank you for participating with us at Opus Gluei, I hope you come back again for the latest challenge!

Regan said...

great project!

Lindsey said...

What a great idea! This is gorgeous, love the colours. Thanks for joining us at OSCC this week x

Padster said...

Just beautiful - Thanks for joining us at I Did It Creations this week
Hugs,
Debbie x

Helen Dooley said...

oh this is beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing it with us. Thanks for playing along on PCC.

Val said...

Thi is so beautiful. What a great recycling idea. Thanks for joining us at OSCC this week.
Hugs
Valxx