Monday, August 16, 2010

A couple Different Cards

These two cards didn't turn out on paper the way I created them in my mind.  Have you ever done that?  Then on top of all that when I photographed them the paper colors are all wrong.  I must have my camera settings wrong or something, but then I wouldn't know about that since I don't have a clue how to fix it, if that is the problem.  All I know how to do is aim and shoot!  Anyway they are much prettier in real life than these photos... The colors actually do match. 

My card is a tag card made using adirondak inks and am image from rubber cottage. The background was stippled first then the image stamped over the top. Added a gold border using a krylon gold leafing pen.  The color of the Santa is actually plum and the backing cardstock is plum, why it looks the color it does is beyond me.  I added the green border using a MS punch, however I wish I had left the green off eventhough it is in my stippled background.  The snowflakes are puched not sure if it was a MS punch or Punch Bunch.  Ribbon is from my stash and the paper is from my scrapbox.  I added a bit of faux stitching around the outer edge. 
This card fits the criteria for the following challenges:
Alphabet Challenge  Punches 
Scrappy Frogs  Stitching faux or real
One Stitch At A time  Punches


For my next card I decided I hadn't used my Penny Blacks in a long while, so I brought this one out and inked it up.  What a cutie...
The paper is from my scrapbox... The image was colored with prisma color pencils and copic markers.  I didn't use a sentiment as I am not sure what I will use this card for.  It has so many possibilities, such as birthday, thinking of you, get well... you get the picture.

It fits the following challenges:
Raise The Bar   ABC--animals, brown, clean n simple


15 comments:

Gemma said...

beautiful cards Sally! Thanks for joining in with our Pack a Punch challenge over at One Stitch at a Time this week! Gemma x

Patty said...

Sally,
I think we took the same class on cameras. lol. Even if the colors aren't true these are lovely cards. So pretty!

MauMau88 said...

A wonderful card!

Inken
Alphabet Challenge

Carol Ann said...

Two very different cards Sally. Thanks for playing along at OSAAT.
Carol Ann xx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous cards Sally,I love the images and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Suzie said...

A lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week. Suzie x

Vixx handmade cards said...

Two gorgeous cards Sally!,
Take care Vicky xx

stampinfrog said...

Two beautiful cards Sally and I am so glad you are finding time to craft!
Hugs,Connie

Pinkllilac said...

Beautifulk creations Sally, just love the tag, I have been wanting to do one like this for ages but have no idea were to start.
Love PB images and you card is superb.
Hugs Linda

Ruth (Sabriel) said...

I love your card and the tag! They are both amazing!

Rebekah said...

Stunning creation thanks for joining us at OSAAT this wk hugs Rebekah xx

downrightcrafty said...

What a gorgeous and effect tag card just so stunning. Thanks for playing along with us at Winter Wonderland this week and hope to see you back for the next challenge on Friday
Hugs Kate xx

Suzanne said...

Gorgeous card and lovely tag. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

Bev said...

Beautiful cards - I love the image & colours on the tag card. Thanks for joining the Alphabet Challenge x

~*Joni said...

Sally what a sweet card! I love the adorable fellow, he sure knows how to win someone's love even beyond Valentine's Day! Thank you so much for joining us in our ABC challenge!
~*Joni RTB DT