Saturday, August 14, 2010

Butterflies & Belli Challenge

My butterflies got into the stickles today, so needless to say I have glittered butterflies all over my card.  This card actually started out to be an ATC, that I had stamped at a make n take, but  thought it would make a lovely card.  I inked half of the ATC card and regular card with faded jeans distress ink and the other half  with pumice stone distress ink.  I then used a butterfly stamp by Hero Arts and stamped the butterflies in the same distress inks.  Next I added stickles to make them pop!  on the right side of the ATC I stamped the flourish with white acryllic paint and sanded it... tied a piece of twine around the ATC.. stamped a sentiment.  Before adhering the ATC to the card, I sprayed the card with shimmerz to give a little more sparkle. Very clean and simple but I  love how it ended up. 

This fits the following challenge:


12 comments:

Nikki said...

This card seems so delicate to me and all those sparkly butterflies look fantastic :)
hugs Nikki

Cheryl said...

this is really beautiful I adore butterflies,and you have made one stunning card,hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Sarpreet said...

This is gorgeous = beautiful colours and papers.

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

wow very elegant!

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

I love the shimmery butterflies! Nice job including paint on your card! Thanks for playing along with us on the Belli Challenge!

Thebug415 said...

Oh how pretty! Love all the sparkle! Thanks for joining us at the Creative Belli Challenge.

purplestamper316 said...

Really beautiful! You should let your butterflies play in the glitter anytime they want to :)
><>

stampinfrog said...

Oh my Sally This card is gorgeous!Love the butterflies and the sentiment!
Hugs,Connie

Patty said...

Love this card. I am just learning to use shimmer sprays and I love the way they look. Love the sparkle on the butterflies.

Chrissy D said...

Love the SPARKLE and this beautiful creation, Sally! Great painting too! Thank you for joining us in the Belli Challenge! We hope you will join us again!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love all of the shimmer and the color (I love Blue....) and love that you turned this ATC into a card. Thanks for joining us at the Belli challenge this week.

Rosalee said...

These butterflies look awesome. Just love the glittered effect. Awesome looking card, love everything about it.
Hugs, Rosalee