Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Blue & Yellow & An Easel

I had a few minutes today before my Miss V arrived and thought I would finish a couple items I had laying on my desk for about a month now.  I am not real happy with the results, however they do look much better in real life than in my pictures.
The first card is an easel card.  I have used magnolia stamped butterflies and colored them with primary copics.  Not too sure about that either.  Primarys are not my favorites to work with.
Since school will be starting soon here in our area, I wanted to make this to give to a teacher.  It has a sticky note pad on the bottom of the easel and little note labels on the top... important, notes, comment, urgent.  I thought it would be a nice welcome back to a teacher. 
This also fits the challenge for

Delightful Sketches   Distressing.  I have destressed the edges of the paper with distress ink.


This next card is one of my favorite images by House Mouse.  No matter how I feel they always, always make me smile.  I used the sketch from Sunday Sketch And Stamp, although I flipped it to fit the size card that I wanted to make
The designer paper I have used it Basic Gray and I think it is Lime Rickey, however I am not sure since I took them out of my scrapbox.  Image is colored with copid markers and ribbon is from my stash.  These colors were a little out of my comfort zone too, but I thought it turned out ok.
This fits the following challenges.
Meljens Designs  Clean & Simple
ABC Challenge  A is for August
Pennys Challenges   Anything Goes
Practical Scrappers  Summer Themed
Crafty Catz  Buttons & Bows.  I did a half bow..
Allsorts   Primary colors, red, blue, yellow... must use at least two.  I chose blue and yellow.


23 comments:

carol said...

sweet card, cute image thanks for joining in with craftycatz this week, x carol

Lindsey said...

What lovely cards, i love the mouse image and you have coloured it beautifully. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

coldwaters2 said...

Awww this is super cute fab colours beautiful image thank you for sharing this with us at OSCC this week.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Courtney said...

This is absolutely adorable Sally! Thanks for joining us at Penny's. Good Luck!

~Courtney~
PPCC DT

stampinfrog said...

Both the easel card and the HM card are gorgeous Sally! You did a fantastic job with the primary colors!
Hugs,Connie

sillyp said...

You did great with the colors. I have like 3 projects sitting on my desk also. Thank you for sharing.

Kylie said...

Very clever to use the Magnolia butterflies as your main image! A gorgeous easel card,
Thanks for playing at MDUC this week,
Hugs
Kylie
(Your house mouse card is pretty cute too!)

Nikki Schmaltz said...

Both cards are fabulous, but I just love that idea with the Easel. How creative!

Sprytebyrd said...

Great projects! Love your Easel and the House Mouse card is adorable!
Thanks so much for joining us in our CAS challenge at Meljen's Designs this week! Good luck!
Dee (Spryte)♥
Sprytebyrds Spot

Debbie Pamment said...

Love your little notepad easel - fabulous idea! And I love your HM card too - tooo cute!
Thanx for joining us at MDUC this week
xXx

rosalien said...

Both cards are beautiful. thanks for playing with DC.

Rosalien

Jackie said...

Two Fabby cards, and love the easel one.. Im sure the teacher will be over the moon with that. Thank you for playing along at Pennys this week x

scotspanda said...

what a gorgeous card, the image is sooo cute!! love it

thanks for joining in the fun this week at Allsorts

Amanda xx

Aunty Sue said...

both cards are lovely but love the house mouse. thanks for joining us at craftycatz

Pinkllilac said...

Such a beautiful creations Sally and fantastic colouring!love the gorgeous designs and detail. House mouse is one of my favourite too, so cute.

Hugs Linda

Suzanne said...

Two fantastic creations. I love the gift and the card is so cute. Thanks for playing at Crafty Catz this week x

bernietom47 said...

They are both fabulous! I'm not big on primary colors but those butterflies are beautiful and look as though they are about to fly off the page. Love the perfectly colored House Mouse image, it makes me smile too.
Happy to see you have found some time to play. :)
Hugs & Blessings Bernie

LuvinmyLabs said...

Both cards are super cute. Thanks for playing at Practical Scrappers.

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Two fab cards love the sweet house mouse image and such a lovely gift with the first...

Thanks for playing at Allsorts

Emma xxx

Karen said...

Ooooo I love Magnolia Butterflies!! They are so pretty on your easel card!! Thanks so much for sharing your fabby card with us this week at MDUC
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Arianne said...

Great idea to make an easel-card as a notepad!
Love the colors in your other card, nicely done!
Thanks for playing along with our challenge at SS&S. Good luck in the draw!

Cat Spicer a.k.a. Spicey Cat Chick said...

I LOVE House Mouse!! GORGEOUS card!! Very summery. Thanks for playing at OSCC.

tmcc4 said...

What cute cards!!! Thank you for playing with SS&S! good luck
Mandy