Sunday, August 15, 2010

Back To School Challenges

I was doing some bloghopping this weekend and found several challenge blogs that were set to for the "Back To School" theme. It seems that everyone is anticipating the beginning of a new school year.   I made this card to send to my granddaughter for her first day at Kindergarten.  She told me on Friday she is "so ready" for big girl school.  I certainly hope so... I am truly excited for her, but I have a feeling I will cry all over again, just like I did on my son's first day of school so many years ago.  LOL  I am so NOT ready to give her up. 

When I finished my card I found it fit the criteria for the following challenges:
Create With Connie and Mary   Back To School
Paper Play Time  School Days
Stampin For The Weekend Back To School
Paper Cutz  Back To School
Our Creative Corner   Back To School
Catch The Bug  Let's Go Back to School - Primary Colors
Stampin Royalty  Backt To School


For this card I used papers from DCWV -- School Days & K& Co --School Days.   digital image from the internet, which I colored part of it using photo shop, then finished the rest with copic markers. 

18 comments:

stampinfrog said...

Miss V will love this card for her first day of kindergarten! The image and papers are perfect Sally!
Hope you have had a fantastic weekend!!!
Hugs,Connie

Patty said...

I fully understand, my little grandson will start kindergarten this year. I know his world and mine will change once again. Love your card.

sillyp said...

Very cute card. You're right about everyone getting ready for back to school. My kids still have until Sept 7th.

Rae Anne said...

How darling! I love the chalkboard and the sweet send-off! It makes me wish that I were going back to school. . .;) Thanks so much for participating in Catch the Bug's Back to School challenge with Bugaboo Stamps! :D MWAH!

Jenny said...

Super cute idea to make a chalkboard!! I would have never thought of that, very creative! Thanks for playing in the Bugaboo Challenge with us!!

Lisa said...

You did a great job on the back to school challenge!

Deb said...

Your card is really sweet! Thanks for sharing!

*CAFE said...

Nice card! I like the chalkboard message idea for the focal point!

Cindy said...

Awww, I can so relate to the "first day" excitement, AND blues! Very sweet card...I'm sure Miss V will love it!!! Hugs, Cindy

Mary Brown said...

WOW...first day of kindergarten - big day! Thanks for playing along this week on the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Janis said...

Sweet! Thanks for playing in paper with us this week at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

Connie said...

Sweet card for back to school! Thanks for playing along with Create with Connie and Mary this week!

Helen Dooley said...

Great card! Thanks for playing along on PCC this week.

Carrie Gaskin said...

Really cute!

Sandra Farrell said...

This is so cute. Why don't you enter it over at stampin' royalty. We have a back to school challenge this week too. www.stampinroyalty.blogspot.com

Nancy said...

Oh this is just the most adorable card! I just wanna squeeze it! Some little lucky recipient will have this in their treasures of memories. Thanks for inspiring everyone.

Paul said...

So sweet. Thank you for joining in with our challenge at Catch the Bug and making it a success once again. Hope to see you again,
Paul
http://craftyblogocks.blogspot.com/

Shanda Stirk said...

What a great card - very lovely design. Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty.