Friday, July 16, 2010

Yippie Ki Yea! Western Here We Come

A couple weeks ago, my Miss V went to VBS (Vacation Bible School). The theme this year was Saddle Ridge Ranch...Ultimately Western. I took several pictures of her throughout the week of their activities, interactions with friends and teachers. I just finished these pages over the weekend and was planning to put them in her album today when ... I found a challenge for Western... I have blurred the faces of Miss V and the others in the layout to protect their privacy. Much as I would love to share photos of my Miss V....it just "ain't safe no more"! I probably am being way to anal about it but.... LOL
Anyway the layouts are totally mine. I have no idea the names of the designer papers that I have used... However.. I did draw the horseshoes and inked them up to make them look somewhat rusty... I did a small layer over top of the large horse shoe and punched diamond shaped holes in them (don't ask why diamond shap..I just liked how it looked). I then adhered the extra little strips to the big horseshoe and colored in the holes with a black copic markers. I made the shoes out of silver mirri paper. Found these fabulous alpha stickers that I had in my stash so long, I have no idea where they came from or why I bought them.. They are wood tone.. Perfect for my page. In the next one.. I actually made the covered wagon, all except the wheels and those I used from clip art. For some reason my wheels just didn't look right no matter what I did to them.. I have to say in that layout... I did use the covered wagon that someone had built a full scale model out of wood at the church as my model. All in all I was pretty pleased with the outcome.
This fits the challenge for :


4 comments:

stampinfrog said...

The layouts are fantastic!Love the wagon and the VBS looks like it was a fun time!
Hugs,Connie

Riet said...

This is so beautiful Sally.

Hugs Riet.xx

iluvmybugs said...

Fantastic layouts Sally!! Love all the handmade touches!!! Thanks for joining us this week at PCC!!

Terry

Helen Dooley said...

really wonderful layouts. our VBS is this weekend. THanks for playing along with us at PCC.