Sunday, July 11, 2010

Tea Anyone?

I am so loving this tea dispenser from My Time Made Easy! Very easy to make and embellish. Great for someone who is not feeling well or is down in the dumps. Just put in a few gormet teas (I know Lipton doesn't qualify for gormet, but that is all I had that had wrappers), pop in to have a chat and leave your tea caddy. They will think of you each time they have a cup.

After yesterday's post with all those flowers I almost didn't post this one, but what can I say... Love those flowers. These flowers started out being cream. I mixed together some expired isopropyl alcohol with orange juice Memory Mists, added some blush perfect pearls to give some shine, put it in a spray bottle and instant color for my flowers to match my paper and ribbon. The edges on the center flower were deep gold. I took an orange ink pad and went over them to give them a darker edge. Thought it turned out pretty cool. The designer paper I have used is from a pack by Prima Marketing Inc...The Breathe Paper Collection. Have had this for ages and never used it. Ahhh with the economy being as it is..it is making me use a lot of those things I bought a long time ago and stored away for future use... I guess this is the future. LOL I don't know who the rubber stamp is made by.. it is one of those little dollar packs that I picked up at JoAnn Fabrics.
Oranges are not colors that I would ordinarily choose to use, because they are really out of my comfort zone. I am not sure where my inspiration came from but it could be because it has been so hot and oranges remind me of summer heat or the fact that last week my day lilies were in bloom and were orange and gorgeous. Whatever the cause for the orange, I am glad that I used it as I am very pleased with the outcome.


This fit the challenge for:
Stamp Challenge A Recipe
one designer paper, one ribbon, one image...the rest is up to you.

10 comments:

Cheryl said...

wow this is simply stunning the design,the coulrs everything about it just amazing,hugs cheryl xxxx

stampinfrog said...

Sally you need to come out of your comfort zone more often! The orange is gorgeous and the flowers are so stunning!
Hugs,Connie

Riet said...

Wowwww Sally,What a beautiful box.

Hugs Riet.xx

ladyjanet_56 said...

Think this box is lovely the image is gorgeous, papers are really pretty too, good luck & thanks for joining in at OSCC, Janet

Nikki said...

This is just gorgeous Sally love the bright orange it's so Vibrant :)
hugs Nikki C

bernietom47 said...

Wow that's beautiful!!!! It would make a lovely gift.
Hugs
Bernie

CreaRenata said...

Wow, this is just wonderful! Thanks for playing at Stamp Something.

Hugs,
Renata

Nikki Schmaltz said...

I love this Sally!

Jo Davies said...

Wow Sally, what can I say, beautiful tea box, love it, want one!!!! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week! Hugs Jo xxx

Francesca said...

What a wonderful card , thanks for joining us at One stop craft challenge and Good luck!
Hugs
Francesca