Saturday, July 10, 2010

Punches, Bright Flowers, Glitter & A Card Holder

From the looks of all these flowers I certainly must have been on a flower "high". I do love flowers but am so allergic to them the only way I get to enjoy them is through stamps and papercrafting.
I was in the mood to experiment with a lot of different things. One of the things I did was take the corner guide off my punch from EK success and turn it into a border punch. I can't remember the name and they are not written anywhere on the punch. Once the paper is tossed there goes the name and my memory goes right in the bin with the papers. LOL The flowers were cut with a punch "Daisy"...I think... from paper shapers. The smaller flowers were punches from punch bunch. Inked the flowers using inks to match my borders and about 15 - 20 different rubber stamps. It would take me all day to list them.. (I'm a very slow typist)!
This fits the challenge at:
Cute Card Thursday ---School's Out For The Summer. You can make cards for teachers or just summery colors and images. Think my colors are pretty summery and summer is all about flowers!
Card Holder

The inside holder for my cards is made from an old acryllic box that I got some note card in a long time ago. You know we crafters, can't stand to throw anything out. I opened the box ends and flattened the box, then cut it in half. Put the end tabs back together and used redline tape to adhere it to my holder. Now how's that for easy? I am sure this is not an original idea..but I have been making these folder thingys for a long time, but always made the holder part out of chip board or card stock. This way is much easier.

Check out all that sparkle... I do love glitter

12 assorted cards fit into this card holder along with envelopes
The idea for the cards is not my idea. I saw it on a blog sometime ago and thought they looked so lovely that one day I would give them a go. Try as I might I couldn't find the blog again with the link. So if this idea is yours let me know and I will be happy to give you credit.

4 comments:

Elenka8791 said...

Interesting!

stampinfrog said...

Sally the way you made the card holder is a fabulous idea!Love the cards and the flowers are gorgeous!
Hugs,Connie

Sally said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annie said...

what a great summer card holder you have created! thanks for joining in with us at CCT this week.
hugs, annie x