Saturday, July 3, 2010

I Pampered Myself With Playtime & Challenges

It isn't often lately that I get a chance to play and join in some challenges, but yesterday after my granddaughter left for the day, I thought it was time to have a bit of "me time". I really didn't create any of these for challenges, but once I finished I found they fit a few challenges so thought I would enter them.

First up is a tea caddy that I made using a template from my time made easy. I loved making it. The designer paper is from SU. After finishing this I found it fit the challenges for:
Stamp Challenges Colors of Your Flag
RTB Colors of Your Flag
My flag is red, white & Blue





The center red flower is made from punched out flowers that I cut out petals to achieve the rose look. I sprayed them with Gimmer mists. Then sprayed the white and blue flowers with marshmellow glimmer mists. You can't see the sparkle, but it's there. I love how it looked.
Recipe:
SU Paper
cardstock...my stash along with the pearls & flowers except the one I made
flower punch from punch bunch
MS border punch
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists
Next up I needed a gift package for a friend who is going through a rough patch right now.
You can't see on the tag, but I computer generated a sentiment that says... When Life Tosses You Lemons.....Pamper Yourself.
On the inside I put some toe separators for polishing your nails, nail clippers, file, bath pearls, chocolates, and a note pad. I mean really how can you pamper yourself without chocolate?
This fit the challenges for:
Cute Card Thursday Let's Get Fruity .... Used fruity colors
ABC-Challenge x-tra dimension .. The flowers are very x-tra dimensional
Dutch Dare Flower Inspiration




Don't you just love these handmade flowers? Again I used a punch and cut out petals and glued them together to achieve the look I wanted and then glued all the layers together, then sprayed them with tattered angels. Wish you could see the shimmer...
Recipe: K& Company
Plain ol kraft gift bag
peel offs (haven't used these in an age)
multiple punches from punch bunch & EK success
stamp from cee dees. (old one)




For the next card... I was in the mood to use Magnolia Stamps, but with our budget being so tight lately (thanks to the economy and cuts in medical insurance and pension), I have not been able to purchase any so I dragged out some old ones and got busy. Are you all feeling the pinch too?
This fit the challenges for:
Alphabet Challenge J is for jewels My pearl centers in my flowers
Totally Tilda Chocolate colors

Recipe:
Magnolia Stamps
Paper, lace flowers & Gems were all part of my stash
Cuddle bug embossing folder in paisley
Copic Markers

Last but not least... This card I actually made about 2 weeks ago, but haven't had time to post it and I am glad that I waited, because over at Just Magnolia they have a challenge this time to use a criss cross card. There is a tutorial for making one. However this is my earlier version and I have done it in the 5.50 x 4.25 card size rather than the square size in the tutorial. It was weird to see this come up. Again used a tilda that I had on hand from a while ago.
Fits the challenges for:
Crafty Angels favorite stamp and at the moment I'm loving this Hero Arts floral stamp and background stamp and my Tilda stamp.
Just Magnolia Criss Cross Card



Recipe:
Magnolia Stamps and Hero Arts Stamps
Paper from my scrapbox
Ribbon from my stash although I think this particular one is Martha Stewart
Copic Markers
Martha Stewart border punch

21 comments:

Emily said...

Your projects are amazing. My mom is a big tea drinker and I bet she would love a caddy like that. I will have to look into getting the template.

Emily C

stampinfrog said...

Sally the tea cozy, the gift set and your cards are stunning!The handmade flower are amazing!GORGEOUS! So glad you had some time to yourself!!!
Hugs,Connie

Annika said...

My you have been busy!! Wonderful projects! Fabulous colouring and layouts. Thanks for
playing at Stamp Something!
Hugs
Annika

craftykitten said...

Sally all your projects are beautiful. Your Tilda card is adorable. Love the flowers. Thanks for joining us at Totally Tilda.
Hugs
Dawn x

melanie.castenmiller said...

what a lovely cards, and the little bag is so cute!

hugs from holland,
melanie

PetraS. said...

hi,

deine Karte sieht echt klasse aus

LG PetraS

Jo Davies said...

Beautiful projects you have been busy!!!! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamp Something! Jo xxxx

Lori said...

Such a cute image, I love the big bow, thanks for entering Totally Tilda!

Riet said...

What a beautiful creations,i love the images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Pinkllilac said...

Gorgeous projects Sally and love the designs and details, the colours are beautiful.

Hugs Linda

Jachelle said...

Love your cards, epsecially the magnolia ones. Owning a magnolia stamp is a scrappin' dream for me at this moment. absolutely LOVE them!

Andrea said...

Hi!! I love this box! Aren't they fun!? Thanks for joining the Stamp Somthing Challenge this week!

KarenB said...

Wow Sally you've been busy! I love the criss-cross card - I saw the tutorial and I've been meaning to try it out :) Love what you've done with the purples.

Country Mouse said...

Love all your projects!!! Super adorable!!! Thanks for adding your Tea Caddy to our challenge at Raise the Bar!!!!:)

Andrea said...

Absolutely adorable!! Thanks for joining the Stamp Something Challenge!

Trisha said...

What a gorgeous card! Tilda looks so lovely posed there! Love the flower embellies too! Thanks for joining in at Totally Tilda's! Hugs, Trisha

Jane said...

Beautiful card! your colours and details are gorgeous! thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia, hugs, Jane xxx

Loes said...

Lovely projects! All of them! Thanks for joining the Dutch Dare Card Challenge!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous projects! Love the flowers! Thanks for playing along with us at DDCC

Nicola said...

Wowee Sally all of your projects are awesome. Your attention to detail is superb and I adore all your floral details.
I am so pleased you joined us at Totally Tilda with this wee beauty, she looks gorgeous sat there on the circle and again your floral and parl detail is stunning.
Think everyone is feeling the pinch these days sweetie and this is definitely not a budget card..
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Mandy said...

Gorgeous creations Sally, they are all so pretty.
Thanks for joining is for our very first challenge at Totally Tilda
hugs Mandy xx