Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Cards & Challenges

Have you ever had one of those days, when you just didn't want to do anything, but craft? Well that is today. I know with all the internet issues that I have been having over the last 2 months and the decision to change providers, I should be transfering all of my email contacts to the new email provider and updating emails at websites...but I haven't been doing that...although hubby thinks I'm squirreled away in my craft room slaving over my computer (please don't tell him)...Nope I've been playing...LOL Here are the fruits of my labors.

The First card is one that I made using scrap papers, although I think the designer paper is K&Co. The flowers were from various flower punches and the swirl was from cricut cartridge...home decor, and I've thrown in a couple spellbinder nesties too! The centers of the flowers are little acylic hearts that I got somewhere, and it's colored with my beloved copic markers. The directions on how to acquire this cute little image is on the A Spoonful Of Sugar . I have made this card to send to Michelle... You can also read her story there, and I will add this card to their blog challenge. If you haven't taken the time to send Michelle a card, it isn't too late. Pop on over to A Spoonful Of Sugar for the details.
My envelope is ready and waiting for this card. Hope it helps to cheer her up.


Next up is and easel card.. (I do love making these cards) A friend sent me these stamped images to have a play... Thanks Hun... I am not one much to color animals as I can never seem to get the right shading and colors, but these turned out pretty good, so thought I would put them on a card and enter them in the challenge at Magnolia Down Under ...One For The Boys

Paper used in this card is Debbie Mumm, buttons and ribbon are from my stash. Can you believe not a flower in sight? That has got to be a first in a long time. Of course it's colored with copic markers.

This card is definitely on the simplistic side. I love the clean lines... gives it sort of an elegant feel. I started to say there were no flowers on this one either, but if you look closely at the heart in the center you will see that I embossed it with a flower folder from Stampin Up. LOL.. I used an old, old medium over the top of the embossing called Metallic rub ons. Very messy, but loved the outcome. I used the pewter color on black. Added a little silver ribbon.. Sentiment stamp is by Stampendous. After I adhered it all together I then sprayed it with pewter shimmerz by Tsukineko. Wish you could see all the sparkle and shimmer. Truly a card fit for an anniversary. It fits the challenge at Allsorts Challenge Hearts
Lastly I made this scrapbook page with my Miss V's picture of her first game. I have blurred the face and name purposly.. (is not like this IRL).. Used her team colors in the matting papers and mostly rubber stamps by Northwoods ?...I have misplaced the packaging.
I think this could fit the challenge over at Cinspirations Let's Get Physical..Sports. They are mainly a cardmaking blog, but hopefully they will let in an occassional scrapbook page.

9 comments:

Karen said...

Its a rumble in the Jungle, I love your easel card!! Its very awesome:-) Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful cad with us this week at MDUC
Hugs
Karen
xxxx

stampinfrog said...

I won't tell your hubby I promise!!!You deserve a day to play in your scraproom hun!!!!!!!!
All of your cards and scrapbook page are gorgeous!Exquisite coloring with the animals!
Hugs,Connie

Chrissy D said...

WOW Sally, at least your crafting day turned out to be productive! My days when I do things like that end up MAYBE two cards. Praying you are well! God Bless You!

scrappyjan said...

Sally, Love your soccer page. Very very cute.

Thank you for joining us this week at Creative Inspirations.
hugs, Janiel

Debbie Pamment said...

You certainly made the most of your craft day - lots of lovely eye candy here!
Thanx for joining us at MDUC with your fabulous jungle card!
xXx

bernietom47 said...

I wont tell if you don't tell. Hubby thought I was doing paper work this AM. Little did he know just what kind of paper work I was really doing. LOL
Love all of your creations. All beautiful and your coloring is perfect.
Hugs
Bernie

Mummylade said...

such a very classy card. Thank you for joining the Allsorts challenge this week and good luck.

Jodie from Oz said...

all your creations are amazing, your Magnolia images are adorable. A great take on the challenge, thank you so much for joining Magnolia Down Under this week, hugs Jodie from Oz

NGCARDS said...

Great work hun! Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge Blog! xxx