Friday, July 2, 2010

A Sampling of Flower Soft Up For Grabs

Up For Grabs For One Week
June 28 - July 4, 2010
Be Warned this is a long post with lots of pictures so grab a cup of coffee or tea, sit back, relax and I hope you can find some inspiration in my creations for this week.
I have again chosen to not spotlight a company because you all seemed to enjoy my glitter post so much so I have opted to make some cards using flower soft. I thought I would share half of my pots with some lucky winner this week.

All you have to do in order to be in the drawing is leave me a comment on this post telling me what you like or dislike about Flower Soft and post about my give away on your blog.... Easy as that!

If you don't have a blog and would like to join in that is fine or if you are entering as anonymous not a problem, provided you leave a name and email address. Without those 2 you will be disqualified.

Winner will be chosen by Random Generator on July 4th and posted to my blog by 8AM July 5th. Good Luck!

The pots I have are 20ml so I am dividing into 10ml pots to give you a chance to use Flower Soft. If you have never used it, it will give you a chance to "use before you buy" and if you have used it before hopefully it will incease your supply. Also included will be 4 Flower Soft Toppers, 2 of each design that I have used in my cards and glue. I tried to find the actual Flower Soft glue, but my store was out of it, so I went online looking for glue only to find out that Flower Soft glue is made by Aleene's Tacky Glue. I am including a small bottle of that (it works just like Flower Soft Glue) and 6 pots of Flower Soft that I have used in the cards below and 1 vial of sparkly glitter. The colors of Flower Soft are: Sunshine Yellow, Raspberry Fizz, Polar White, Lavender, Christmas & Sand... Picture will be later in the post.

My first creation is a "secret message" card. It was fun to make. It has several different folds to it to create the secret message part. This is not my own idea, however I don't have a clue where I saw it done, so if anyone out there knows kindly speak up. I do know that where I saw it there was no directions so I did work with it until I figured out how to do it. LOL




Next up I used left over wire stems from flowers that I cut the tops from. (I don't throw away anything) I dipped them into the tacky glue on the stem the length I wanted my flower to be, then started sprinkling on the flower soft until I got the desired amout I wanted. I thought for a first time for it it turned out pretty good.

Close up


This is car I made for hubby for Father's Day. The image was already colored, I just printed it out and added my blue flower soft the the flowers and sand to the ground beneath the truck. I hope he likes it.

Close Up


Next up is an easel card, using a WOJ stamp, which I colored with copics. The background window was cut using the cricut wild card cartridge. I then added flower soft to her bouquet.




Close Up



This next card is made using a Flower Soft image. I simply added flower soft to the flowers that I wanted to stand out and then while the glue was wet I added a sprinkling of glitter to add some sparkle and shine. I love how it turned out and I wish my picture were better so you could actually see what just a little bit of glitter will do to it.



Last but not least is another WOJ image that I stamped, colored with Copic Markers and then added glitter to her entire gown. I used the gold spica at you glitter pens to high light the trim on her dress and ribbons. Next I added Christmas mix Flower Soft to the top of the lantern and to the bow on her dress.



Close Up

This is a picture of my "give-away". In order to be in the drawing follow the instructions above in the post. Good Luck!

25 comments:

Lorraine said...

wow what a GREAT PRIZE I DO HAVE A FEW COLOURS AND I LOVE IT BUT SOMETIMES I FORGET THAT IT WOULD LOOK JUST AS GOOD WITH MY STAMPS LIKE YOURS DO I SEEM TO JUST USE IT WITH THE TOPPERS BUT FROM NOW ON I AM GOING TO GET THE FEW I HAVE OUT TO USE WHERE I SEE FIT THANKYOU FOR THE INSPIRATION AND THE CHANCE OF WINNING I HAVE PUT YOUR CANDY IN MY SIDEBAR FOR ALL TO SEE XX

Divinity said...

wow sally -- that stuff really makes the cards stand out! i've never heard of this -- i'll be looking for it in stores -- it looks like a fun product to work with!

i've added a highlight on my blog sidebar about your post. thanks for the chance at winning this fun-looking product! :)

Carmen said...

Some gorgeous creations here Sally, you are always so inventive. I love the secret message and can really imagine your gorgeous glittery candle holder gothed up ;)

I can't really comment on what Ilike or dislike about flowersoft as only used it once in a class but that was just dab glue and sprinkle on - didn't really inspire me to buy. Much more inspiration in this post.

Thank you for another chance to win such a fab prize.

Judith Veldhuizen said...

You really have a big price!!
i can't tell what i like or dislike , because i never worked with flower soft, but when i see your cards i really want to try it!! I think it makes the card more beautiful than it already was

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Sally,i love the images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

cgl1539 said...

I saw this stuff once before on an easter project. Oh my goodness this stuff is pretty and wow what it does to a card. I am crossing my fingers that I am the winner aldkjaoh, okay uncrossing my fingers cause its hard to type that way, lol. Going to post this right now.
http://christi-hicks.blogspot.com/2010/06/chance-to-grab-sampling-of-flower-soft.html

Sheng said...

OMG, your creations with the flowersoft are so beautiful. It makes the cards come to life. I haven't used flowersoft yet so what an awesome chance at winning some.

:)

bernietom47 said...

Wow Wow Wow your cards are amazingly beautiful. Would it be possible for you to post a tutorial for the "secret message" card. I could't begin to figure that out on my own.
Can't say what I like or dislike about flower soft as I've never even seen it but OMGosh it does look so lovely on your cards.
Thank you so much for the chance to win.
Bernie Thomas
bernietom47@yahoo.com

Haystack Creations said...

I love your cards, my mum has flower soft and I tried it out with her but being as she lives a good 3 day drive away I can't just pop over and use hers. I love the idea of tacking it to a wire stem...never would've thought of doing it myself. You are very creative and talented

Cathy said...

Gorgeous Cards Sally !!!

I think the flower soft makes the cards look so pretty. I have used it several times and I like it alot, but it is very messy and gets gluie and I get big clumps of flower soft and can't seem to get the flower soft to break apart from the glue to be small again to reuse on other projects. I had flower soft at my last class and it was about 50 - 50 with opinions from everyone. Some liked it and some thought it wasn't worth all the work involved to make the card that pretty. I will try it again at another class, because I feel the second time has to be better than the first time. I use a PVG glue with my flower soft and it works fine and dries somewhat faster than other glue. Thanks for a chance to win some more colors of flower soft.

paperpapier said...

I have never tried flower soft before but it definitely look so awesome on the card. It makes the flower pop up so real looking but I think it take a bit of real steady crafty hand to put the materials perfectly together.
Posted the link in my candy sidebar and thank you for the chance to win.
hugs, heaney

Nikki said...

Hi Sally
Wow on all your cards so inspirational. That Secret Message card is Fantastic, going to remember that one for sure :) Well I haven't tried Flower Soft but it's on my wish list I think that it makes cards so beautiful and would love to be able to play with these thanks for the spotlight
hugs Nikki C

sillyp said...

I have used flower soft, but havae not liked my out come. I need more practice. Your cards look alive with flower soft added. Thab=nks for the giveaway.
http://sillyp4jc.blogspot.com/2010/06/flower-soft.html

cornerstone(dot)cs @ cox(dot)net

Saint-John flowers said...

The cards are looking so pretty. You have made the great combination of the different colors.
Thanks.....

KarenB said...

I love all of your cards Sally. The 'secret message' card has me intrigued and I've been trolling the net for instructions, LOL! And I just love the difference the Flower Soft makes - a bit of texture and dimension can totally transform a card. Thanks for the chance this week to try some :)

Mary Lou said...

Hi Sally~~ I finally had time to get back over to visit:)) Wow I have just used FS a few times and it truly does add beauty to a creation! Each and every card you made is absolutely gorgeous--gonna steal some ideas Hee Hee. Like the bouquet card--I don'e throw anything away either--true crafter's use every smidge LOL
My oh my you are sharing a wondrous gift ~~thanks so very much!!
Happy 4th July to you
Blessings

Rita said...

OMG Sally these are all amazing, you did a fantastic job! I've used flower soft twice on two wedding cards & I really love it! I bought some wires to make some for a vase stamp I have but haven't gotten around to it yet...I know so sad but I'll get to it eventually. Will have lots more time to create in the Fall. Thanks for the chance to win some awesome candy!

By the way Dawn Griffith has the tutorial for the secret message card...here is the video tutorial link if your readers want it:

http://dawnsstampingthoughts.typepad.com/dawns_stampin_studio/2010/05/secret-message-card-video-.html

Hugs
Rita

Leanne said...

WoW Sally!

Your cards that you have made are fantastic! I like that one that is like a magic card - absolutely fantastic! Would love to know how you did that one!!

That flower soft really does make your cards 'pop' - absolutely wonderful!

Hugs
Leanne xx

Nikki Schmaltz said...

Wow Sally! What beautiful cards! I love that secret message card and your coloring on the car card is AMAZING! Just wondering what paper you use for Copics. I'm having trouble staying in the lines with Neenah and blending issues with Prism/Bazill. Just wanting to try a little of everything since I really think it's a personal preference. Have a great week my friend!:D

Emily said...

Your cards are amazing. I have some flower soft but I have not had the nerve to use it yet.

Emily C

hlcarroll said...

Wow your cards are gorgeous, I havent yet tried flowersoft, but it always looks so pretty, I really must try it soon! Thank you for the chance to win, Hannah xx (hlcarroll@hotmail.co.uk)

Jachelle said...

Better late than never is what I always say....of course in this case, I'm entering your spotlight a little later than normal, but its the only time I've tried entering where my internet isn't having a personality crisis with me trying to post blogs or comments.
Thanks for the chance to win & many hugz
♥jachelle

Lori said...

WOW... You've done beautiful things with the Flower Soft! Thanks for letting us play too :)
Love and hugs ~
Lori
P.S. I have (1) very gently used Magnolia stamp as blog candy if you are interested... Here

Lori said...

Oops... I forgot to tell you what I like about Flower Soft lol! I LOVE the dimension that it adds to my cards (I've used polar white as snow and currently have a carousel horse with Flower Soft details on my blog). I love the colors and I'm just finding out that you can use it for fur too! I haven't tried it with the proper glue yet though...I've only used the Quickie glue pen - yikes!

Anyway... thanks again for the opportunity!

Love and hugs ~
Lori

Jenny V. said...

I love flowersoft especially how it gives that dimension to it. One dislike is that it can be messy. Thanks for the chance to win.