Friday, April 9, 2010

Dreary Rainy Day = Crafting!

Wow! I don't know where this week has gone. It can't be Friday already but unless my calendar is lieing it really IS! Here in Northern Ohio it is very cool this morning especially after having some record breaking warm temperatures this past week . While hubby was out and about yesterday, I thought I would make a couple cards. This is what I have made, however I am not sure that I like them.

This fits the challenge for:

Vees Sketch Pad/ # 28 sketch & a little stitching (I faux stitched around edges of card)

Delightful Sketches buttons & bling

Stamp challenges Stitching Faux or real (I faux stitched around edges of card)

Image is colored with copics and the image is from DZ Designs. Aged it using ink that has a pearlescent sheene to it. Sentiment is VAP Scrap, paper Basic Grey Green @ heart. Hero arts flower, buttons and ribbon from my stash. The stitching stamp is Cee D's

This fits the challenge for:


Cute Card Thursday Mono Mania




To be honest I don't remember where I got the image, but I love it. The papers are all scrap papers that were sitting on my desk that I had used in other projects.

9 comments:

stampinfrog said...

Two beautiful cards Sally but I really love the second one!Fabulous papers and images and your coloring is fabulous!
And yes it is Friday,April 9,2010!I put the year as 1010 on a check today!HaHaHa
Hugs,Connie

jachelle said...

These cards are gorgeous! I wish I would have time to make cards these days...but with so much other stuff on the go, I just don't know where i would find the time. *sigh.

Anyways, I've updated my blog with my latest project. Check it out - I'm sure you'll love it!!

a portland granny said...

I love both of them, Sally. They are wonerful. I see your nice little bow on the pink one. I have yet to be brave enough to try my bow maker I got from you.

Cathy said...

Wow, love your cards. but I am really set on the second card. Gorgeous coloring and love the color of the card. And the ribbon is awesome. I haven't seen that stamp yet. I sure like it alot. I will have to be browzing around for it.

Lisa Foster said...

These are both just gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at Delightful Sketches and Challenges!
Hugs,
Lisa

Karen said...

Very pretty, thanks for joining us at Delightful Sketches.
xx

Farm Girl said...

How sweet, Thanks for playing at Delightful sketches

rosalien said...

Both cards are just beautiful.:))
thanks for playint with DS.

Rosalien

Lisa said...

Very pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something-hope to see you back again next week!