Sunday, March 21, 2010

UPDATE! Visiting Challenge Blogs & Question???

***UPDATE*** I sent an email to the blog owener, but have had no response from them personally. However I have just visited their blog and the posting(the one at the bottom of my post here) has been taken down. Hummmm..... I wonder why? Eventhough it has been taken down I wonder what their "behind the scenes" policy will be? Also all of those who have emailed me personally about the name of the blog I have returned your emails with that information.
Another

UpDATE.. I have recieved so many personal email (more than the comments listed here) askig me for the name of this blog. I have been really hesitant to list it, however since so many of you have asked it is The Pink Elephant, however they have removed their original post.

I have a question? This morning I was visiting challenge blogs and came across one who is now saying they have so many fabulous entries they are now going to start judging on clear crisp photos.... Not my words. I was wondering if this blog really doesn't want a lot of entries or they want everyone to concentrate on photography rather than doing what they love....crafting. I for one am not a photographer... Never have been, but I do try to do my best, however my hands shake and my vision is blurred so am not alway sure how my photos will come out. I sometime takes as many as a dozen photographs before I get one that will work. However I do love crafting and enjoy creating. Am off to remove this blog from my side bar as I don't want to be responsible in any way of them having TOO MANY participants.

I am wondering if all challenge blogs feel this way or this is just an isolated situation? I love joining in challenges, but don't want to join in and cause someone undue stress as I also know what that can do to your health.

The reason for this question is because this week my work was quetioned and now I read this on another challenge blog?

Your comments please...

Direct Quote....
"It really is very difficult to choose winners from each weeks challenge due tothe amount of wonderful talent out there...WOW!!Due to the amount of participants and the fact that it is very hard to pick winners each week, we wanted to let you know that we are gonna crack down on the voting process and while judging we are looking for clear, crisp, clean and neat photographs!!It really is very difficult to choose winners from each weeks challenge due tothe amount of wonderful talent out there...WOW!!Due to the amount of participants and the fact that it is very hard to pick winners each week, we wanted to let you know that we are gonna crack down on the voting process and while judging we are looking for clear, crisp, clean and neat photographs!!"

13 comments:

Lorraine said...

OMG im horrified im not a photographer im a crafter i am so angry not everyone is good with a camera thats just not right at all i wish i new whos blog said this so i could email them what i think.so what do they want us to do take a degree in photography to upload our work it makes me sooooo mad.thankyou for telling us Sally OMG what a joke xx

SweetnCrafty Gal said...

OMG! Sally hun who is it? name and shame them!!! my gosh that's awful and so unfair!!! me being the owner of charisma challenges would NEVER say that sort of thing that's disgraceful! xx

Craftyanny said...

What a load of bull!!!
Any DT I've ever been on have never ever chosen a winner by their camera skills.
I'd love to know which challenge it is Sally as I for one will not enter again either.
Anne x

stampinfrog said...

You have got to be kidding me!There is no way my camera skills is going to win anything!!!It is hard to believe a challenge blog would post this!There is no way I am ever going to upload on this challenge blog again!!!
Hugs,Connie

pinky said...

What a crock Sally, I am on 4 DTs and would never be part of a team who posted up such nonsense, did you ever, are you sure it wasn't a Photography blog lol.
Pinky

Lorraine said...

hi must comment once more as i left a comment on their blog not a horrible one just saying that i won't be able to join in as i have poor photography skills and they deleted my comment thats made me not wan't to follow their blog even more thanks for listening to me moaning about them xx

Littleted62 said...

This is so ridiculous - it's supposed to be about the card, not the pesky photo! It'll be interesting to see if they post an apology, or if they just removed the original post in the hope that not many people had seen it - if so, they're underestimating the power of bloggers to spread the word!

Nicki

Annmaree said...

I'm disapointed at this,
what a way to act *shakes head*

who's the second blog saying this too now?

Sheng said...

I know who it was. I couldn't believe it either. I was sadden when i heard about the camera skills commet. That is so ridiculous.

Carmen said...

Surely if the photos were THAT bad then they wouldn't be in the running anyway and they could just skip over them. There really is no need to put up a post like that. I am exactly the same as you Sally I have to on a typical day take around 20 photos to get about 3... and then they are really bad. I am always apologising for my photography skills on my blog and I could never be a brain surgeon with my shaky hands. Their loss Sally - not yours. They will have upset a lot of people with that comment.

Can I just ask... what sort of moron questioned your work too? It's gorgeous! I can't 'do' cards and I envy people that can.

Marcea said...

HGi swetie, I saw this original post too and couldn't quite believe it. Let's hope they have had a rethink about their stand on entries and send you an explanationa and an apology too. Hope you are keeping well sweetie
-x-

Lorraine A said...

I am with you here Sally ,, my camera skills are basic and my eyesight isn't brilliant either ,,, it is a nonsense to judge a card on camera skills ,,, what a shame !! I hope they re think this policy as they will definitely lose followers and entries.

Luv
Lols x x x

Lisa aka Allissa said...

Sally babes...this is ridiculous!! I am the owner and part of the DT of Sophisticats challenges and my goodness me I have never heard such a thing and wouldn't dream of passing judgement on photography skills!!! As crafters we al like to display what we have made its just some CAN take crisp clear pictures and others arn't able. I think you have alot of us in agreement with you sweetie.
Try not to let it get to you babes.

Love n hugs
Lisa.xxx