Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Card & A Couple Challenges

I decided I needed some card making time today
I can't believe I wrote this big write up about this card and Mr. Blogger only posted half of it. I will try this one more time. LOL
I made this card using the sketch # 38 challenge at Magnolia Down Under and it fits the challenge for Copic Creations - Using your favorite copic technique. I colored my buttons with copics to match my card.
It also fits the challenges for
Play Date Cafe - medium pink, pink & yellow
Verve Stamps flowers
The Rose and chair images are magnolia.. Stitching is Cee Dee's an oldie I had forgotten that I had... LOL punches are punch bunch and MS. Buttons -my stash and the background paper is Basic Grey -porcelain. The little chair and buttons are colored using copic markers... My all time favorite medium to use.. However I do have a tip for you, which I will post at the bottom. Of course you all already know about this but it was an accidental find to me. Before I post about the tip I have to tell you I have been hearing rumblings from the "male" department in our family about spending too much on crafting supplies. Now I pay the bills in this household and know that finances are tight so I try my best to be very frugal and have only purchased a few copic markers since Christmas, so with this find hubby will be very happy when he learns about my tip... me not so happy but it will make me use other mediums a little more often when I color and not always my beloved copics.


I accidentally stamped my flowers on regular inkjet paper, thinking it was my special paper from copic. (they are both thin). Well not wanting to waste my images I drug out my prisma color pencils and gamsol to blend and got busy. I was so amazed with the results. I didn't think blending would work on plain ol inkjet paper. I can tell you from experience you can't use copics with inkjet paper.... way too much bleed-through. Anyway when my copic paper stash is low I will drag out the prisma color pencils and regular paper. I didn't try multi-purpose paper or copier paper, just inkjet so I am not sure how the others would work. If anyone else has tried it on the other paper leave a message and let me know.

18 comments:

stampinfrog said...

This is a beautiful card Sally! I love the roses and the ferns sitting on the chair!Fabulous coloring and the buttons are the perfect embellies!
Big Hugs,Connie

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful card Sally, your colouring is fabulous!
:o)

Jane said...

Gorgeous card! Love your idea of the rose on the chair and your colouring is gorgeous with both mediums! thanks for joining us at MDUC, hugs, Jane xxx

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful coloring, love your choice of BG Background paper. Thanks for joining us at the PDCC.

Stephanie Kraft said...

This is just lovely, Sally! Your coloring is fabulous! Thanks for playing along with the PDCC!

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh - I love the paper and your image is so beautifully colored! GORGEOUS!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful coloring! Lovely roses. Thanks for playing with us at PDCC!

Rita said...

Sooo pretty..luv those buttons!

Leanne said...

Sally, this card is absolutely stunning! I love those flowers!!

Hugs
Leanne
xx

Ruby said...

This is a lovely card! I really like how you've added the texture with the leaves. Thanks for playing along with the Play Date Cafe this week, hope you play along next week too! :o)

Sarah Anderson said...

great shading on your roses... i love my prismacolour pencils but certainly don't get them out often enough! thanks for playing along with us at the cafe :)

Kristy Young said...

This s just gorgeous and your blending is AMAZING!!!
Thanks so much for joining us this week at MDUC.

Kristy xx

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

very pretty, I luv it!

enjoy *~*

Kimba-Slydog said...

A wonderful card!

Thanks for joinings us at MDUC this week.

Hugs,
Nicole

Ravengirl said...

This is lovely!

mycardz said...

Wow, your card is simply gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us in our celebration at Copic Creations!

Amy Sheffer said...

Beautiful card! Love your coloring!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a lovely card!