Sunday, February 28, 2010

THIS WEEKS SPOTLIGHT IS ON "ME" & TAPE LOL

Good Monday Morning To All Of You...
This Post will stay at the top, please scroll down for challenge posts
There will be no Spotlight this week, because the company that I was going to spotlight has not gotten their supplies to me. I like to have them in my grubby little hands before I post my spotlight. Don't worry though, I will sponsor this week's give away with a product of TAPE I like to use. I have been using this product since October last year and have really been putting this adhesive to the test.
What is this tape called?

I am not really sure. I have heard it called by many names.

A few of them are:

Super Adhesive Tape

Tearable Tape

Miracle Tape

When I purchased mine I ordered it under the name of Double-sided Super Adhesive Tape, but all the names could apply.

This tape comes in double-sided rolls ranging from 1/8 inch to 3/4 inch wide and all have a whopping 165 feet in length. It also comes sheets with (3) 6 x 10 double sided sheets in the package

It states it is virtually invisible when applied to your projects and works well with vellum. I have to say for the most part it is basically invisible, but since I have never found a tape that truly works well with vellum, being the skeptic that I am I had to put it to the test. This is what I found. Using it on dark carstock with very thin and very thick vellum you can still see the tape, so personsally wouldn't recommend it for that purpose, however on white card stock it is virtually invisible. I was pleased with the outcome of that.





A few of the things that I really like about this tape beside the fact that it is a roll of tape that just keeps "going, and going and going" (It's like the energizer bunny) is you don't have to use scissors. You can tear it to any length and if you tear it too long just fold it back on its self and it makes a nice smooth edge.

You can emboss with it, as it withstands heat very well and is high tac. (I have been using it on my cards and my scrapbooks which also means it is "acid free". Some of my other favorite ways to use it is with foils and gold leafing and for adhering ribbon.

Here I have used the 1/8 inch tape to make a glitter border . Love the affect. Of course I love glitter sooooo. Embossing works as well. If you are not a big fan of peel-offs but need an extra touch this might be the answer.


The next test I tried was putting it through my Cricut. I cut this very delicate scroll out of the sheets. I carefully pulled the backing off and gently applied it to the paper where I wanted it. Gently removed the top and of course added glitter. The sheets have a glossy side and a lesser glossy side. I used removable tape on my Cricut mat (as it is old and the adhesive is worn) to insure a good bond on the lesser glossy side. Set my speed to 4 and my pressure to 3. Beautifully cut. (You may have to work with your Cricut settings to get the proper pressure and speed). I have also cut dies with the cuddle bug. Works just as well.


The next thing I tried is Punches! Aren't these butterflies gorgeous?





All in all would I recommend this product? YES.. even with the downside of it showing through vellum and the fact that you have no dispenser and have to remove the backing from the tape, those are very small inconveniences for tape that preforms so well and the price is an exceptional value. How does it rank with redline (sticky strip)? It is not quite as strong, but preforms very well and it stands up well in comparison to Scor-pal tape.



Some lucky winner will recieve the tape shown above.

1 roll of 1/8 inch x 165 feet

and a package of (3) 6 x 10 sheets of double sided Super Adhesive Sheets.



You know what to do.... Leave me a comment telling me if you have used this tape and what you like about it or why you would like to give it a try if you haven't used it.



Good Luck

I do have some of this product on hand and if you would like to order some, please contact me using the email link in my side bar and I will give you prices and sizes. (Once I start feeling better, these will be added to my webstore. )
Addition to my post:
I have received several emails this morning asking me about prices of this tape.
1/8 inch wide x 165 feet $3.99 + postage ( 2 in stock)
1/4 inch wide x 165 feet $4.99 + postage (3 in stock)
3/8 inch wide by 165 feet $5.99 + postage (2 in stock)
6 x 10 Sheets 3 to a package $3.99 + postage (2 in stock)
Thanks for your inquery. As always postage is exactly what the post office charges me. I send 1st class unless you request priority.

25 comments:

JanJay said...

Ooh this tape looks amazing Sally, I've not tried it myself but wouldn't mind getting my little paws on it!

Thanks for the chance to win

Jan xx

stampinfrog said...

This tape sounds fantastic!Would love to try it! I love the fact you can tear it from the roll!
Hugs,Connie

pinky said...

I have tried this tape, well one type of it and I loved it Sally. I only used it for basically sticking layers and once used it for a glitter strip but love what you have done here, lots of new ideas. The best thing about it was I didn't have to sticky up my scissors or teeth cutting it lol. Thanks a bunch.
Pinky

KarenB said...

I've never tried this tape, but I love the road-test you've done and I'm intrigued with the idea of using tape with embossing.

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Sally,what a beautiful card.

Hugs Riet.xx

iluvmybugs said...

I haven't seen this tape before and would love to give it a try. Thanks for the chance!

Terry

Bubbles said...

This tape sounds 'super' Sally! Your card is absolutely gorgeous to!
Joanne x

Kathy K said...

I've never tried this type of adhesive. I like how you can tear it and use the cricut with the sheets. Great review. Thanks!

Sheng said...

Oh wow, haven't heard of this tape. I would love for a chance to win it. keeping fingers crossed.

xoxo hugz
Sheng

a portland granny said...

Wow! I lie that stuff. Looks great and your examples were wondeerful!! One could sure make some great fancy corners with that. I'll have to email you.

Hope you are feeling better.

Lori said...

Hi Sally ~ I haven't used this tape yet, but I love what you've done with it! I didn't realize that you could actually use punches and a Cricut with this product. I find that amazing - lol!

Well... I am a huge bling girl :) I'd like to be able to use glitter with the tape!

Thank you for the chance to win!

Love and hugs ~ Lori

Tasha said...

Oh this looks fab! Im a huge tape fan, i usually use a one inch thick tape as i use alot of embellieshments and like o know the pper isnt going anywhere.
I have never used this tape but i think i will give it a go, i love that its thick and that the tape roll is so long. omething that defiantely needs to be tried i think!
love tasha xx

Nikki said...

Have not tried this tape but it's very kewl on how you punch thru it
would never had thought to try that thanks for the tip would love to try this and thank you for the chance
hugs Nikki

craftysue said...

Hi Sally
what a great product and such a versatile tape. I have never heard of this tape but thank you for sharing your experiances with us.
I am truly impressed with this product and will certainly try and find a supplier of it
lol Craftysue

Lainocrafts said...

Your examples look fab Sally, not heard of this but wouldnt mind having a go with it.

Certainly one to look out for

Take care

Elaine
xx

Cindy said...

This tape is as awesome as you describe, Sally! I punched a 1-3/4" circle from the sticky sheet and made a 3D flower by running a border-punched strip through my crimper several times and then gathering it and spiraling it onto the sticky circle. Put a button or brad in the center, and Voila!

Kelly said...

Sally, I am always looking for a better tape. I use tombow and haven't been to happy with it lately, it doesn't all pull off of the strip- leaving my projects not so sturdy! thanks for the chance!- kelly

Jeanette said...

I've used 'red tape' and I really like it. I think I'll try this brand because I like the being able to tear it feature.

I find your Spotlights really interesting. Thanks for doing them.

Pinkllilac said...

Love the cards Sally and such great info on the tape, a lot of which I did not know, thank you.
Hugs Linda

Domna said...

I never use it...and want to try very much!

Cathy said...

I haven't tried that tape yet. Sounds like it would be okay for a lot of things. I always buy new brands of adhesives and if they work well, I keep buying it until something else works just the same. That red line tape is so expensive, I only use it when I have too. Thank you for the chance to win some of the tape. And also for sharing your experience with the tape.

Lorraine A said...

Oh I am having big problems with tape ,,,, :-( The only shop here sells Do Crafts ,,, and the tape is awful ,, not sticky at all !! my cards are falling to bits and I am having to glue them ughugh ,,, not nice at all

I would love to try some of this tape ,, :-) hope I am lucky ! i will be keeping my fingers and toes crossed ! :-)

Luv
Lols x x x

Glennis said...

This tape looks so versatile, and I think the way you have tested it shows that it would certainly be a good one to try. I have not seen it here, so would love to win some - thanks for the chance

Sunny said...

Thank you for sharing with us your projects. I didn't realize that the cricut can do such a thing. I don't own one but will let my friends know.

Senju Ninja said...

Oh Sally, I want my hands on these tapes. They are so versatile. Keeping my fingers crossed. :)