Wednesday, February 24, 2010

So Thankful & Some Challenges

I have so much to be thankful for. I have actually been able to sit up for several hours this evening without getting sick from the dizziness. My ears are still roaring and ringing, but the pressure & swelling seems to have gone down considerably. Whooo Hoo. So what did I do?.... made some cards... Now I must confess that I didn't color all these images this evening. I had colored them some time ago, but never made them into cards.

The first card is made by double cuttlebugging! I used plain cream cardstock, Sizzix embossing folder and Nestabilities to achieve the double embossing. Image is Great Impressions, (Thanks Cathy, love this image). I have colored it with copics added some glamour dust to the watering can and topped it off with ribbon from my stash.


This fits the challenge for Cuttlebug Spot --Double embossing



Next up-- I made a scrapbook page of a picture taken for our 40th wedding anniversary. I have used paper from K&Co. Used a stamp from outlines to make the heart. Cut out layers, popped them up using foam tape, added pearls, gorgeous flowers Prima from Simon Says. On the Swirls I used all purpose ink - Champagne from SU... really makes them pop
I thought I would use this for the challenge at Simon Says Stamp Their challenge was to make something vintage with flowers. Now you may not think my page is very vintage, however I think it is, but the two folks in the picture are definitely vintage. Just check out all that silver hair. LOL


Next card is an easel card. I have used papers from my scrapbox... Image is House Mouse which I have colored with copics, added glossy accents to the rain drops, ribbon and flowers from my stash. I colored the flowers with my copic markers to match my image. The tag is Magnolia

This fits the following challenges:

Magnolia Down Under

House Mouse -- Multifold card

Everybody Art -- easel card
Copic Creations --Use to color embellishments (I colored my flowers with copics)


Sorry about the dark picture in the next card. Sunlight didn't want to co-operate. LOL. This is the same image as used in the card above, but this time I have cut a sqare out in my card stock and placed a border around it using my punch from SU to create a frame. The green cardstock was embossed on the cuttlebug with a sizzix folder and then sanded. Added ribbon from my stash and a computer generated sentiment.

This fits the challenge for My Time To Craft

15 comments:

Mrs Bs Blog said...

These are all very beautiful. Hope you`re feeling better soon. Hugs Val xxx

Cindy said...

Yay, you seem to be on the mend! How nice to be able to sit up and play, finally. BTW, you two make a cute couple. Continuing prayers for your recovery. Hugs, Cindy

Alex said...

So very nice cards!
Thanks for joining EAC!
Hugs, Alex

Nikki Schmaltz said...

Wow Sally! You have been so busy. I absolutely LOVE this last card. The frame around it is just such a great detail to draw your eye to your beautiful coloring! That is a fabulous image too! I love sunflowers. All you creations are beautiful. I don't think you are vintage at all either. Just very sweet:)

stampinfrog said...

The projects are just so GORGEOUS!Love the Sizzix embossing folder and I am just in awe of your coloring!Fabulous looking couple on your anniversary page!!!
Glad you are feeling better and getting to craft more...Keeping you in my prayers!!!
Hugs,Connie

Jane said...

I don't know what has happened but I'm so glad to hear you're getting better. Your creations are all stunning!!! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp with your vintage creation and thanks for joining us at Magnolia Down Under Challenge, hugs, Jane xxx

Shelley said...

All these cards are lovley. What you going to be like when you are well again. Great colouring! hugs Shelley

Please come and visit me on my blog when you are feeling well again - thanks

http://shelley-artfulachievements.blogspot.com/

made by fifi said...

fab creations - thank you for joining in MTTC challenge this week x

DonnaMundinger said...

Wow, beautiful cards, Sally! I especially love your double embossing for The Cuttlebug Spot! Thanks for playing along! xxD

debby4000 said...

Fabulous cards Sally, they are all so beautiful it hard to choose a favourite but maybe I love the house mouse one cos its so cute.
luv
Debby

Christine said...

Hi gorgeous HM card love your take on the chall. thanks for joining us at HM&F this wk.

Hugs Christine xx

Kellie Winnell said...

Gorgeous easel card, love all your details, thanks so much for playing along and joining us at Magnolia Down Under Challenges. Hope to see you back again next challenge. xx

Hugs, Kel

Sheng said...

These are so cute. I love them all.

Dena said...

Gosh, so many gorgeous cards! You have been working so hard. I love them all!!
Thanks for joining Simon Says Challenge this week!
Hugs, Dena

Lisa said...

Super cute easel card! Love that HM image! So glad you could join us at the HM&F Challenge!