Monday, January 25, 2010

Tilda Goes Valentine

What would Valentine's Day be without at least one Tilda? My granddaughter made sure that I would make her a card using Tilda. I have used a Christmas image that has Christmas Cookies in her front pocket. I filled her pocket with little hearts that I punched out and glued in place. They were certainly fiddly, but well worth the effor. She is colored with copics. I punched out a white heart and then a glitter red and adhered it with foam tape on one side to give it dimension and to let me use it as a closure. Also used MS border heart punch Ribbon is from my stash. I don't remember where the houndstooth pink paper came from as it was out of my scrapbox. The other paper is Smitten by K&Co. Inside I have used a heart treat cup from Stampin Up and the heart punch from SU. The background paper is sprayed with Glimmer Mists and over stamped. (That's my favorite technique at the moment).

I think my Miss V will love getting a treat cup in her Valentine. LOL...

8 comments:

Sue said...

Sally, this is just beautiful. The treat cup will be a bonus when your Granddaughter opens her card!
Colors and papers are stunning. Love how you used a Christmas stamp for Valentines too.

Liza said...

Beautiful work Sally, it is adorable.

Liza x

stampinfrog said...

Oh Sally Miss V is going to love this valentines card and with the treat inside,she is going to be over the moon!Love the papers and Miss Tilda is so adorable and beautifully colored!
Hugs,Connie

Nicola said...

Wow Sally your colouring and colour combo are fabulous. Loving your punched border and ribbon detail and what a treat for Miss V.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Sally,i love your image and papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Maria Matter said...

Hi Sally!
this is beautiful and such a creative idea! fabulous job!
blessings, Maria

Cindy said...

Oh, Sally, you outdid yourself with this one! Must be extra special because it's for that extra special someone!!! Hugs, Cindy

JanJay said...

Wow Sally, this is stunning - absolutely beautiful!

Jan xx