Thursday, January 14, 2010

Something New Week # 2

Good Thursday Morning!
Hope everyone is staying warm and well in this frigid weather!
It's Challenge Time again at Charisma Cardz
Your creations last week for Carly's color combo were spot-on fabulous! It's one of my very favorite color combos. Thank you for joining our challenge. Loved visiting your blogs.
This week the challenge has been set by DT member Leanne (who by the way doesn't suffer from the cold since she lives in Dubai) LOL.. She has chosen a theme:
USE ANYTHING NEW
So drag out those new stamps, papers, embellishments, etc. that you got for Christmas and get busy! I can't wait to see what you create this week.

Since it is a new year I decided to use a new calendar template and to make a match-box drawers under an easel card, which is all new to me. As some of you know I am folding-challenged so it was a little fiddly for me, but I stuck with it until it was finished!

Recipe

Paper K&Co., Decorative edge and swirls - cricut, flowers - Prima, pearls - Mark Richardsusa, beads - stash


We are also being sponsered by

BEE-CRAFTY

this week and I have chosen to use her new image "Fairy Angel Floating". She is so adorable, but I have not done her justice. This is the first time I have ever colored on vellum with copic markers and I don't really care for the outcome, so if any of you out in blogland have any suggestions----I'm all ears.


Recipe:
Image - Fairy Angel Floating from Bee-Crafty, Darice shaded night light, McGill flower punch, EK Success leaf punch, Sparkle and Sprinkle glitter and flocking.

9 comments:

Craftyanny said...

two great projest Sally, love your calendar.
Sorry I can't help with the copics on velum though
Anne x

Allison said...

these are both fab projects
AllisonX

JanJay said...

Loving all your creations this week Sally!

Jan x

Leanne said...

Absolutely love the little drawer set you did and the lampshade is gorgeous!!

Hugs
Leanne
xx

Lorraine A said...

Oh my goodness Sally ! I love the box and the shade ,,, both are fabulous ! I have never tried colouring on vellum with copics ,,, so am no help there ,, but it does look fabulous ! ;-)

Luv
Lols x x
p,s YES I want a Bow Easy ,,,, going to email you now :-)

Tasha said...

Wow both of your creations are fabulous. I love the calender drawers - what genius idea.
I havent used my copics on Vellum but i love your results looks so cute.
love tasha xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful creations Sally,i love your image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Tammy said...

Oh these are both fantastic! your calendar with the drawers is awesome! Love it!

Simone said...

Both projects are really great!!! Fabulous!
Simone