Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Magnolia Thank You Meets Glimmer Mists

First of all let me appologize for the awful photo. No sunshine here in Northern Ohio and my Ott lights just don't seem to cut it! Best I can do for the moment.

This week was to make a card or something that says "Thank you" at Just Magnolia. Instead of usinging an image of Tilda or Edwin, I thought I would use these tulips, they are stunning. Wish you could see them IRL. Me thinks this might become my all-time favorite card! LOL

I have Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists that I use, but seldom say anything about them because my papers always seem to come out rumpled, however over the weekend, I was straightening up. (It is amazing what I found when I painted my room). Anyway I came across a little bitty craft iron and the light came one. Whilst my misted paper was damp, I ironed it and guess what? It was flat again. LOL...Talk about feeling stupid!

I misted plain white paper with Glimmer Mists, pink ink & candy apple red. Ironed it. Then stamped it with burgundy ink and a floral flourish from Paper inspirations. Stamped a heart from outlines rubber stamps, cut one section from that added white pearls to it , mounted my tulips, a bow and sentiment and the perfect card appeared. The sentiment is from stampin up along with the border punch. I attached the topper to very dark brown cardstock. Wish my camera would pick up all the glimmer and shimmer.
Recipe:
Image: Magnolia, Sentiment & Border Punch: SU, Pearls: Mark Richardsusa, Glimmer Mists: Tattered Angels, Flourish Stamp: Paper Inspirations, Ribbon: Stash

8 comments:

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Sally.

Hugs Riet.xx

Nikki Schmaltz said...

Sally this is GORGEOUS! I love that border punch. Must be a new one. I also love the simmer to this card. Beautiful background. I'm also excited to hear your new ????news:)

Rita said...

Wow this is sooooo beautiful, I luv it!

stampinfrog said...

Gorgeous card Sally!Love the shimmer and the stamp on the background paper!The heart and tulips are a perfect image for a thank you card!
Hugs,Connie

Cindy said...

Oh, this is just so elegant! Love it, Sally. BTW, that border punch looks fab! ;-)

Jessica G. said...

So pretty! Your colors are elegant and the flowers are beautiful! I'm really enjoying all the cards I've seen with the Glimmer Mist; guess I need to try it, too!

Jessica G. said...

Beautiful card and I know the Glimmer Mist is even prettier in person! Amazing scissor work on those delicate flowers!!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Beautiful card, love all the shimmer. Thanks so much for joining us at Just Magnolia this week! :)